Cornwall Football Forum

St Blazey v St Austell, tonight 7.30pm

St Blazey 1 (Trott 3) St Austell 2 (Stapleton 63, Slateford 72)

Missed penalty: Zalick 86

Booked: Nancarrow 88, Piggott 88

St Blazey (4-4-2): Tom Blackler; Lee Bradd, Luke Rundle, Tom Smith, Mamsie Sabo; Josh Higman, Ashley Piggott, Dave Trott, Jay Isbell; Chris Reski, Jon Hoyles.

Subs: Sam Cooper, Danny Zalick, Josh Kemp, Will Cherrill.

St Austell (3-5-2): Ellis Glassup; Martin Giles, Damon Mulready, Rob Stapleton; Adam Trudgian, Will Tinsley, Ben Douglas, Dave Edwards, Gary Wheildon; Dan Nancarrow, Neil Slateford.

Subs: Kevin Lawrence, Chris Phillips, Richard Rundle.

Unused: Phil Hutchings, Sam Kenny, Richard Osborne.

Referee: Mr Steve Paul (Camelford)

great win for st.austell and not at all a bad game really. some dodgy decisions from the ref which had both dugouts looking at each other laughing. very good miss hit to put blazey 1-0 which hit the ground then went flying to the top corner and then some good pressure from st.austell to go 1-1 slateford and 2-1 stapleton. good save from the spot by glassup which looked like a straight (ish) pen to keep the 2-1 for st.austell.

some great fight and spirit from the st.austell lads and some good signings if the boys stay on. great game from neil slateford , marting giles, and defensivly will (tinpot) tinsley (who kept higman quiet for most of the game) just to mention a few names. all in all the st.austell lads put in a great performance and a great turn around from recently well done boys.

well done to st.blazey, who may have played better in the past but did play some decent football and had some half decent chances and thanks for being part of an eventful game and for a good cause.

now on the to the swpl!!!!

As Ive said before on here and Dan is right, results dont matter during pre season. Its all about fitness, touch etc. Saying that, it was a much better performance from us.

I was a bit disappointed by the attendence, thought we would of had a few more there. I also thought St Blazey would of done medals for both teams?

As Ive said before on here and Dan is right, results dont matter during pre season. Its all about fitness, touch etc. Saying that, it was a much better performance from us.

I was a bit disappointed by the attendence, thought we would of had a few more there. I also thought St Blazey would of done medals for both teams?

no chance of a medal when they didnt even make a program!

After the debacle at St Dennis on Tuesday evening it was a great result for St Austell on Friday in the Phil Smith memorial game. Both teams played good football although it did get a bit heated at times. St Blazey took the lead early on but St Austell kept on battling and were the better side in the second half and desrved the win in the end. Just a couple of gripes- a shame there were no programmes printed for the game a chance to make more money for charity) and I'm not sure what we'll do with the St Blazey pennant proudly displaying them as members of the Jewson South Western League! Hopefully the crowd enjoyed some good football from both sides and we'll look forward to meeting in December when 3 points will be at stake.

Off to Tavy on Saturday!!

Good luck to St Blazey for the coming season, it's good to renew the old rivalry again.

Up the Lillywhites!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup: