Cornwall Football Forum

OATEN SACKED

The matter was closed to you from the start as it has nothing to do with you.

I see myself more as Christian or Syied really I think........kind of in touch with my feminine side.

And seriously......... none of the boys who you go and support....... and swear in front of children while you are supporting them like you very much. The word embarrassing has been used during coversations a few times. I would feel a bit silly really.

I think me and my mates used to use the phrase St Awful when we were in year 7. Retro.

B. Manning, Hello again.

I fully appreciate where you are coming from, I have had the misfortune to be seated next next to the referees assessors on a number of occasions, what a miserable lot they are, I came across a number who like/insist they have a seat immediately adjoining the gangway, on one occasion a club was attending to the needs of a handicapped person who was seated in the aisle seat so the assessor was seated next to him, he (the assessor) complained that he was not happy with the arrangement. He was making notes about more than the officials and what went on on the pitch. I found that if you spoke to them they ALWAYS ignored you, to be an assessor you have to be a breed foreign to the human race.

Any young referees hoping to make the grade have to be tough and work to the letter, otherwise they will never advance.

One unfortunate trend I get on these forum threads is that of being anti officials, this is sad at a time there is a REFEREE SHORTAGE nationwide, some refs are brilliant, others very good and some who make mistakes but who without them we wouldn't have a game.

It would be nice if referees could start the season with a clean sheet so errors from the past are forgotten, unfortunately the stigma of error remains with them whereas, offending players start afresh having been put on a pedestal by their doting fans.

I like many others am guilty of giving some officials a rough time on occasions, in the Southern League many of the referees are brilliant and join in the banter, last season I shouted to the referee "Hey ref, you should have gone to Specsavers" laughingly he replied "I did but they cocked up". that told me but we all laughed.

Mountaineer, in fact i am an assessor and I would not dream of sitting next to the gangway in fact I would like to vary my viewing position throughout the game. On another point I am there to assist the referee if i can with advice and hopefully get the best out of that referee so he can advance, there is no point at all in destroying his confidence, I am there to help if needed. Also if I am spoken too I would not ignore people that is extreme bad manners. Also I always start the season afresh with no preconcieved idea`s as to the teams and or players, I also have been slagged off by forum members on more than one occasion as to my refereeing abilities but these days unfortunately it seems to come with the territory.