Cornwall Football Forum

OATEN SACKED

I agree it does seem a strange decision given that Bobby was only with the club for a short period. However the committee were left with the serious problem of leaving things as they are or not having 11 players to start the first game at Tavistock. be interested to know if people on this forum given these circumstances would have made a different decision.

Three St Awful players have come on and replied but not one of them with the gumption to state what has happened. Dingbat should have been banned from football and kicked out of the club last season, yet the club protected him for some reason and made Ben the scapegoat. Perhaps Dingbat has some hold over the club or is putting money in somehow.

Another scenario could be that the players saw that Oaten would soon be taking over, perhaps the fun and games would have come to an end with a proper manager. The club has lost some good players during the summer, mainly to a manager previously sacked by St Awful, although to be fair, some didn't fancy the travelling.

If the players at St Awful had nothing to do with Oaten going, perhaps they should come out and say so, or are they being silenced by the committee ? Money Man, someone who loves the power trip he has been on recently, surely he would have something to say on the matter ?

The club had been on the up, in a perfect position to win back some respect after the nonsense last October, they have Cornwall Council (sorry mine and yours council tax) money sloshing around, and Money Man has done well in selling the club to local businesses (credit where it's due) so why make yet another complete balls up after getting stuffed by St Ricks FC.

Come on chaps, you are usually so full of it, lets hear the 'truth', I know it's something you are not used to, but perhaps now is the ideal time to turn over a new leaf.

Three St Awful players have come on and replied but not one of them with the gumption to state what has happened. Dingbat should have been banned from football and kicked out of the club last season, yet the club protected him for some reason and made Ben the scapegoat. Perhaps Dingbat has some hold over the club or is putting money in somehow.

Another scenario could be that the players saw that Oaten would soon be taking over, perhaps the fun and games would have come to an end with a proper manager. The club has lost some good players during the summer, mainly to a manager previously sacked by St Awful, although to be fair, some didn't fancy the travelling.

If the players at St Awful had nothing to do with Oaten going, perhaps they should come out and say so, or are they being silenced by the committee ? Money Man, someone who loves the power trip he has been on recently, surely he would have something to say on the matter ?

The club had been on the up, in a perfect position to win back some respect after the nonsense last October, they have Cornwall Council (sorry mine and yours council tax) money sloshing around, and Money Man has done well in selling the club to local businesses (credit where it's due) so why make yet another complete balls up after getting stuffed by St Ricks FC.

Come on chaps, you are usually so full of it, lets hear the 'truth', I know it's something you are not used to, but perhaps now is the ideal time to turn over a new leaf.

I am really looking forward to hearing the statement after plenty of self-righteous messages from people connected with St Austell about St Blazey's supposed shocking treatment of Sir Bobby.

Isn't football meant to be fun?????

Also, why are you still saying the Andy Dingle threw a punch at your buddy??? It was Dougie, he was punished end of!! Such a idiotic thing to keep bringing up!! :clapper::clapper: :clapper:

he was terrible for holsworthy! didnt pick anyone that didnt come atleast 30 miles away...lol

that was more than likely due to the dreadfull pool of players in and around that area ! correct me if im wrong but didnt he keep holsworthy in the premier ? and now where are they playing ?

sorry if i offended anyone (nanks and slates) with my comments but this is a forum so i am just airing my views, not just about the oaten situation but also the turnover of managers in the last year despite the clubs success in league and cup competitions seems quite strange.

Judge, Why don't you keep your beak out and worry about YOUR team, and teams in YOUR league! You know what happened last time you started mouthing off on this website...

Is that a threat ? Or some sort of justification for an unprovoked assault ? If brain dead idiots want to take matters into their own hands by getting upset over a few comments, that most actually agree with, then fine, you have just proved that you are just as bad. The truth hurts more than a cuddle from your mate.

So is anyone actually going to tell us what the latest farce at St Awful is all about ?

Judge, Why don't you keep your beak out and worry about YOUR team, and teams in YOUR league! You know what happened last time you started mouthing off on this website...

Is that a threat ? Or some sort of justification for an unprovoked assault ? If brain dead idiots want to take matters into their own hands by getting upset over a few comments, that most actually agree with, then fine, you have just proved that you are just as bad. The truth hurts more than a cuddle from your mate.

So is anyone actually going to tell us what the latest farce at St Awful is all about ?

St Blazey 1 (Trott 3) St Austell 2 (Stapleton 63, Slateford 72)

Missed penalty: Zalick 86

Booked: Nancarrow 88, Piggott 88

St Blazey (4-4-2): Tom Blackler; Lee Bradd, Luke Rundle, Tom Smith, Mamsie Sabo; Josh Higman, Ashley Piggott, Dave Trott, Jay Isbell; Chris Reski, Jon Hoyles.

Subs: Sam Cooper, Danny Zalick, Josh Kemp, Will Cherrill.

St Austell (3-5-2): Ellis Glassup; Martin Giles, Damon Mulready, Rob Stapleton; Adam Trudgian, Will Tinsley, Ben Douglas, Dave Edwards, Gary Wheildon; Dan Nancarrow, Neil Slateford.

Subs: Kevin Lawrence, Chris Phillips, Richard Rundle.

Unused: Phil Hutchings, Sam Kenny, Richard Osborne.

Seems from this result all is well in the St Awfull camp !!!!!!!!!!!!

St Blazey 1 (Trott 3) St Austell 2 (Stapleton 63, Slateford 72)

Missed penalty: Zalick 86

Booked: Nancarrow 88, Piggott 88

St Blazey (4-4-2): Tom Blackler; Lee Bradd, Luke Rundle, Tom Smith, Mamsie Sabo; Josh Higman, Ashley Piggott, Dave Trott, Jay Isbell; Chris Reski, Jon Hoyles.

Subs: Sam Cooper, Danny Zalick, Josh Kemp, Will Cherrill.

St Austell (3-5-2): Ellis Glassup; Martin Giles, Damon Mulready, Rob Stapleton; Adam Trudgian, Will Tinsley, Ben Douglas, Dave Edwards, Gary Wheildon; Dan Nancarrow, Neil Slateford.

Subs: Kevin Lawrence, Chris Phillips, Richard Rundle.

Unused: Phil Hutchings, Sam Kenny, Richard Osborne.

Seems from this result all is well in the St Awfull camp !!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Uncle Albert

How do you get two bookings in a friendly? You appoint a referee like Stephen Paul, who maintained his consistency with another appalling performance.

No mention of the two 'red cards' that weren't, either. Laffs seemed to talk Mr Paul out of sending off Chris Reski(presumably because it was a memorial match), so Blazey agreed to substitute Reski immediately. And St Austell did the same with one of their players when Mr Paul was about to show him a red.

For a feisty local derby, the last sort of ref you need in charge is Stephen Paul. :SM_carton:

How do you get two bookings in a friendly? You appoint a referee like Stephen Paul, who maintained his consistency with another appalling performance.

No mention of the two 'red cards' that weren't, either. Laffs seemed to talk Mr Paul out of sending off Chris Reski(presumably because it was a memorial match), so Blazey agreed to substitute Reski immediately. And St Austell did the same with one of their players when Mr Paul was about to show him a red.

For a feisty local derby, the last sort of ref you need in charge is Stephen Paul. :SM_carton:

ha,so mr paul still hasnt changed then :SM_carton::SM_carton::SM_carton: im mr B) so f off or i :SM_carton: ya

Naughty, Mr Paul, if that is the case regarding substituting players instead of issuing a red card then he leaves himself open to the charge of failing to administer the Laws of the Game correctly. So all ref`s on friendly games please be aware of that, apply the Laws of the Game correctly at all times.

Regarding Bobby Oaten who kept Holsworthy in the Prem!! He was paying £40pound a player and still came 3rd from bottom, that would tell me that the man is not a good manager and st Austel have done good to get rid of him

what a stupid comment to make seeing as he was only appointed two weeks ago.

If St Austell thought he was that bad then why appoint him in the first place?

From the comments on here it sounds like player power which cannot be good for any club if the inmates run the asylum.

Judge, its not our position to say anything. As I said, wait until the official statement comes out.

And with regards to Ben Douglas and Andy Dingle.....Ben has said it was him....so what is the grudge with Andy?

St Austell is a council owned ground so of course we have applied for the ground to be updated etc. Are you just annoyed with the council because they turned you down for a grant to buy a new mower?

Enjoy the season Judge

ha,so mr paul still hasnt changed then :SM_carton::SM_carton::SM_carton: im mr B) so f off or i :SM_carton: ya

Steve Paul is a good old ref and bloody amusing! If I read this thread anymore I'm gonna have to get u lot a load of Tampax and hand bags and watch you all throw at each other!

I don't usually bother to write on this forum, as a lot of the opinions expressed are from individuals that have never played football seriously and appear to have far too much time on their hands in order to air annoying views on other clubs' matters that don't concern them, but it is annoying me way too much.

Judge (what that name is all about i'm not really sure). I find it amusing that you continue to write derogatory comments about St Austell after you were involved in a worrying amount of controversy last year......... and not just at St Austell if I am correct. It is also easy to wind people up using the cover this forum, but if you insist on doing so then at least when you are confronted show the same bravery rather than looking more scared than Phil Mitchell's son after learning he was to be "sent down" (what great storylines to be seen on Eastenders lately, surely some awards will be heading towards Albert Square in the near future). You will not find anyone from St Austell, especially myself, writing anything bad about Newquay. 1. Because it is none of my business and 2. because I have a lot of time for the lads that play there and also find it extremely amusing that whenever I speak to them about their vocal supporters they are not always completmentary and actually really don't like this bloke who calls himself the Judge!

Also, people involved at St Blazey. Your club is a good one and has class. Stop wasting your time writing negative comments about St Austell. I think you are better than that. Very unproffesional for members of management airing views on goings on at rival clubs.

Maybe the manager sistuation has been a bit of a charade. But in the last two years the club has enjoyed increadible success compared to recent times. The commitee have worked insanely hard to drag the club back up and are now, in their own time making amazing improvements to the ground and clubhouse.

Everyone at St Austell, well done. Lets have another successful season. Great start last night.

Thanks

Here here Non. Just a few short seasons ago, this club was almost dead and buried. The current committee may have made their fair share of mistakes, but getting St Austell to where they are now is almost miraculous. The committee are a great bunch of blokes who have gone the extra mile to keep football in the town.

Can we please draw a line under any animosity from the last couple of seasons and just enjoy the new campaign? Playing in the Premier Division seemed a long way off when we were losing 12-2 against Dobwalls in 2007, but we're there now and we're going to enjoy every minute (hopefully).

Up the Lilywhites!

he was terrible for holsworthy! didnt pick anyone that didnt come atleast 30 miles away...lol

that was more than likely due to the dreadfull pool of players in and around that area ! correct me if im wrong but didnt he keep holsworthy in the premier ? and now where are they playing ?

the pool of players are of a higher quality then you think but were all snubbed by him so they have never come back.and they were excused of relgation all but the season before last cus teams dropped out... even worse is all the plymouth lads trained in plymouth on there own

DONT REALY KNOW BOBBY OATEN BUT I REMEMBER HE HAD ALOT OF LISKEARD PLAYERS WHO PLAY FOR THEM NOW WHEN HE HAD ST BLAZEY, I SEE LISKEARD OUTSIDE CHANCE OF LEAGUE NOW WITH A FEW THEM. IS HE A GOOD MANAGER OR IS HE GETTING STICK FOR THE WRONG REASONS?

Firstly, i was at a wedding when the incident happened last year, so nothing to do with me. Secondly, the truth doesn't hurt, as im on the other side of the world at the moment, and just like you, i dont know the truth, therefore the sensible thing in my eyes is to wait and see what gets released rather than writing a load of crap. I dont know what your obsession with St.Austell is, but it would be much appreciated if you disappeared and caused arguments with another club.

St Awful happy to gloat when things go well, but really show their true colours when yet another issue surrounding the club comes to light. As usual, the stench of violence eminates from Poltair, they question why on earth someone did not retaliate when attacked for no reason. Perhaps the role model of Phil Mitchell is one they recognise as opposed to his son, which one of you is Peggy ?

I, along with others on this forum, have asked questions regarding the state of affairs at St Awful. Perhaps if the club had been honest about the farce in the first place, the matter would have just been filed away, along with all the others, under the heading of 'what next ?' I imagine that if an official statement is ever released, it would be some sort of whitewash, another reason why so many are interested in establishing the facts. There are many players who know, but for whatever reason, refuse to tell us, this just adds to the fascination of those interested in the reasons why ?

The tatics of attack is the best form of defence is instilled in the players, they have no defence for any of the points raised, so just go on the attack. I, along with others (again) have requested many times on this forum, that those from Poltair refrain from blowing their own trumpet and get on with putting their house in order quietly and in an orderly fashion. Unfortunatley, they seem unable to understand that most folk in Cornish football, myself included, would love for Poltair to be a ground to be proud of, but only if those it contains showed a little humility and modesty.

Naughty, Mr Paul, if that is the case regarding substituting players instead of issuing a red card then he leaves himself open to the charge of failing to administer the Laws of the Game correctly. So all ref`s on friendly games please be aware of that, apply the Laws of the Game correctly at all times.

I was at Wycombe Wanderers they were playing Brentford in a Capital League game some years ago, during the second half the referee blew his whistle, grabbed a player from each side, led them to the dugouts and said "can I have two more to replace these two", later he said he didn't want to send them off. In those days the Capital League was played around London to give fringe players and those returning from injury etc a game, even bookings were frowned upon. It sounds as if Mr Paul was using common sense early in a season, surely by his action he has earned the respect of the players and shouldn't be criticised for being sensible during a pre season friendly, there is time during the competitive campaign for him to show his worth dishing out cards be judges are deserved.

ha ha what a joke

win the cornwall senior cup - sack the manager

win promotion - bring in someone to help the manager who achieved promotion

lose a friendly - sack the man who was bought in to help manager who achieved promotion

two words

laughing stock

Oh no, soon it could be OXO St Austell :yahoo:

Mountaineer,if you can show me in the LOAF where players guilty of a red card offence should be subsituted and no other action taken I will agree with you. I know that this does go on and I was attempting to give a gentle reminder to referee`s that if they take that action they leave themselves open to disciplinary action by the FA for failing to apply the LOAF correctly. I do know that this has happened in the past. Also as you have watched Wycombe Wanderers where are you from? As it happens I have referee`d Wycombe in the past when they were in the conference and also officiated at the old Loakes Park, now thats what you could call a slope.

B Manning, Hello.

I am originally from Truro, involved with Truro City from the late 1940's to late 1950's, now one of the City AWAY support, attend some home games but live in High Wycombe 272 miles from Treyew, a long round trip for a Saturday afternoon or evening game. I too enjoyed Loakes Park but the slope wasn't that bad being side to side and helpful to those with one leg shorter than the other playing one way!

I am sure there could be games you referee that you may be SORRY to send a player off, two yellows, last defender when tackle is accidental but deprives a goal scoring opportunity etc., it is sad that a player who has given his all who scores a goal to get his team to a cup final,takes his shirt off to celebrate and because of a previous booking has to walk and possibly miss the final, these are young men with spirit, on occasions COMMON SENSE must prevail but the old fogies who make the laws delight in quelling the passion.

I know RULES IS RULES AND SHALL BE OBEYED WITHOUT QUESTION AT ALL TIMES, there are times the laws (guidelines) ruin a good game.

LET THE REFEREE SMILE along with the PLAYERS, it's not a SIN.

On dull days dish out happy pills at half time :yahoo:

At the end of the day we all love our football.

Hi Mountaineer, yes I am up your way next weekend (Luton area) but will be ready to get back to Cornwall asap, i completely agree referee with common sense, although I have never felt sorry for having to use a red card, on the field of play it`s not a decision I take lightly and I have always thought long and hard before I take that action. All I was trying to do in my post was to warn referee`s who might consider taking that action may well be dropping themselves into the mire for the reasons I stated, referee`s have been disciplined by the FA for that very reason.

AFC St Austell and Mr Oaten.

I would like to thank Money Man for his Private Message, the rest of you will have to wait until Wednesday for the official statement I'm afraid.

The matter is closed as far as I'm concerned, no doubt some others will comment further but I understand the reasons for the rapid departure of Mr Oaten. I wish all players of St Awful (AFC St Austell, sorry some habits are hard to break) a great season, hope we can meet in one of the cups.

Once again, thank you Money Man but please let this be the last time the words farce and awful are associated with the club.