Cornwall Football Forum

Portreath v Robartes

Portreath 1 Robartes 10

Score didnt really reflect the game, Porteath had spells, and battled well. We had bit more experience as a side who has been together for a few years. Dwayne took his goal well. Well reffed by Mike Carter.

Big thanks to Troon and the jman for the great hospitality.

Guest Bundiwilliams

Portreath 1 Robartes 10

Score didnt really reflect the game, Porteath had spells, and battled well. We had bit more experience as a side who has been together for a few years. Dwayne took his goal well. Well reffed by Mike Carter.

Big thanks to Troon and the jman for the great hospitality.

really dont think game yesterday will give any indictaion on how the season will go!!!!!!

silly comment really chown, not one i thought you would make.

yesterday portreath played against a well knit team, one that darren can be proud of if he keeps them together!!!!

danny andrewartha was awesome at the back for them, along with illogan's 'tom howgarth' at centre back, i doubt many teams would get through that partnership, especially with TROONS amazing keeper leigh isaacs!!!!

ralph had a good game for them at right back.

chris uren in centre midfield was strong but should have been sent off in first 15 minutes, porky the ref even said that if had been a league game would have been a straight red card!!!!

i am telling you now if darren keeps that squad together i believe we played against mining league ones champions for next season!!!!!

but onto most important thing, portreath's squad wasnt at full strength, still have 4 more boys to come in, the squad yesterday was the first game we had together as a team, still remembering names and learning how eachother play, so not bad really i think.

portreath have totally reinvented themselfs this year only 3 of last years squad still at the club, so shows the work we are trying to do, so yesterday was a disaster for the team but 4 weeks till season starts, so plenty of time to get all sorted and more important 3 games into the season we have the mighty carharrack!!!!

so chown i feel by the time we play you we will be well and truely into 5th gear and more important, like a told your brother if he wants to put hand in his pocket ill bet anyone on here that portreath ( a club who dont know how to win, shown in the last 42 games) will finish higher in the league than Carharrack!!!!!!!

I'm a tad puzzled you have just three players remaining from last season. Surely those lads deserve medals for turning up every week knowing they were gonna get hit with double figures in virtually every game. Good luck for the season Bundi!

I would just like to add, u cant read much into friendlies at the start of the season. All credit to Alan, he has done a superb job, and if it wasnt for him maybe portreath would be history. As for the game, things went our way and Portreath gave us a hard workout. As Alan said he was short, much like us with 4 players missing, but im sure Portreath will have an enjoyable season. Thanks to all at Portreath for the game.

Guest Bundiwilliams

yes the squad from last year do deserve medals, shame they didnt turn up this year really.

gaffer was a good game and like i thought ROBARTES have a very good squad again this year, maybe not the right choice for first friendly, but it was a game and an enjoyable one aswell.

here is a early prediction

mining 1

top 3

robartes

illogan

goonhavern

Bunddi, please don't take offence. The only reason I asked was because just before I left I asked one of your players what your side was looking like before the match. He said "Really good better than last season". That's why I thought it would be a good reflection.

Best of luck to all at Portreath.

Guest Bundiwilliams

I'll take the bet though mate. How much can you afford to lose? ;)

you name it mate ill ill put the funds in my saving account, be nice to double the balance in there at end of season x

The biggest loser in the friendly strangely enough was Gwinear CT , our youngster Barnaby was having a run out for Robartes and got nobbled early on and is now awaiting an operation after suffering a fracture plus ligament and cartilage damage to his knee. Pre season friendlies you got to love them. His dad has had to go off to Bristol working without him and we have lost him for what looks like the season. Can some one advice me as to who he needs to contact regarding insurance , he won't be laying block for a while. Would it be Robartes who he was playing for or Troon who's pitch it was on ? cheers

Gwinear No 10, it is the responsibility for each club to ensure all of thier players are insured, unless that individual wants to take his own out, just taking Troon out of the equation! lol, the game was between Robartes and Portreath, on Troons pitch, but thats it, just the use of our pitch, but it was a player who is registered for Gwinear?? i'm not 100% on this one, maybe someone like CTB can shed some light.................

Guest Monty

Surely it is the club who the player is signed for that claims on the insurance and as he was not signed on for the club who he did play for then i would guess he is not insured.

My understanding is that if this player is registered with Gwinear CT then he can only claim off the insurance if he played and got injured whilst playing for Gwinear CT, If he played for another club and not signed then its the players responsibility and therefore the joys of playing for another club when not signed on.

Hate to say it but I think Monty is right. I know in the past when trying to sign players who are reluctant to put pen to paper to early we have insisted they sign on before a friendly just to cover this sort of situation and if he doesn't want to play for the club after that it can be easily torn up later but at least if there is an accident they are covered.

Equally I know at Illogan we pay the premium insurance for players which is far from cheap but even that doesn't pay out a huge amount when someone is injured so I would say especially if your self employed is make sure you have personal insurance cover as well.