Cornwall Football Forum

Guest MAFC-rb

judging on the wspl side they sent to play millbrook, i cant see liskeard bein in the top 2 but its early days, with st dennis and

st stephens boro being promoted i can HONESTLY see either millbrook or edgcumbe both putting in a realistic chance of gaining the

ECPL1 title but hope it swings millbrooks way obvo

Liskeard

On paper Liskeard should have a good chance of winning the ecpl div 1 as most of their squad played in the peninsula league last season.

Didnt realise that MOST of my squad played that level, some of my new signings did, some even higher, either way it should be an interesting few months!

Too early to say who is going to win it, most teams have had only ONE friendly so far! Im not suprised MAFC-RB is on here saying how good he is going to be it was only 2 months ago he was on his way to Truro! Im suprised Millbrook took him back after attacking a supporter in the final game of last season.

Im sure the same teams up there last season - Blazey, Plymstock, Polperro, Edgecumbe and Elburton will all be up there again and after seeing Millbrooks friendly against Liskeard im sure they will be up there as Ryan Swiggs has put together a good side, and I imagine Liskeard will challenge as well. Im sure it will be a very competitive season and if both Millbrook and Edgecumbe are challenging it will be great for Millbrook Football Club.

Looking forward to it!!

Liskeard

On paper Liskeard should have a good chance of winning the ecpl div 1 as most of their squad played in the peninsula league last season.

Didnt realise that MOST of my squad played that level, some of my new signings did, some even higher, either way it should be an interesting few months!

Liskeard will be good on paper, even better on grass and not so good on cider!

I agree with Tomhall, St Teath should be up there. I saw them only once last season in a game last season v Torpoint, and thought Torpoint dominated the game and St Teath werent as good as the previous season, but knowing Kitbag he's made some good signings and theyve had some testing friendlies so I have no doubt they could do a St Dennis if they start well. One thing we (Edgcumbe) found coming into the ECL1 last season is that you couldnt really afford to play poorly and still expect to win, which was something we'd experienced through the Duchy Leagues, ultimatley it was these games that cost us promotion in the end.

I hope the league is contended more this season and nobody does a 'St Dennis' or 'Parkway' and runs away with it (unless it's us!!). The league tends to take shape by Xmas but agree with most of the people who have posted will be the usual suspects.

Guest MAFC-rb

anychance...... anychance your gonna be shutting up coz where in my quote did it say how good i was going to be? Someone needs to go to school and learn how to read. And im not sure it was an attack on a spectator.... more a barny with a gobby shite

Guest MAFC-rb

haha maybe after everyone else jumped in to shut him up too. Shame about it really im guessin the crowd must have got in the way of your line of sight. unlucky kersh

I agree with Tomhall, St Teath should be up there. I saw them only once last season in a game last season v Torpoint, and thought Torpoint dominated the game and St Teath werent as good as the previous season, but knowing Kitbag he's made some good signings and theyve had some testing friendlies so I have no doubt they could do a St Dennis if they start well. One thing we (Edgcumbe) found coming into the ECL1 last season is that you couldnt really afford to play poorly and still expect to win, which was something we'd experienced through the Duchy Leagues, ultimatley it was these games that cost us promotion in the end.

I hope the league is contended more this season and nobody does a 'St Dennis' or 'Parkway' and runs away with it (unless it's us!!). The league tends to take shape by Xmas but agree with most of the people who have posted will be the usual suspects.

Hi Bigdawg,St teath will compete but dont expect to be among the front runners at all.Steve Ovens returned to Bodmin rest of the squad has stayed the same but hopefully the addition of an ex pro might help us along the way.The problem i have now is the players that i need to make us stronger are now part of the Wadebridge and Bodmin first team squads,with no permannet manager at Wadebridge at the moment who knows what might happen in the next month or so.Had a couple of preseason friendlies against Bodmin and Saltash 1st and played well in both,a lot of good signs but the team lacks a bit of phsysical strength,will play good football though.Edgecumbe will be there along with liskeard dont know anythinng about the rest.I will make new signings and quickly if we are found wanting,but watching the Wadebridge situation closely.See you on 21st mate will have a pint with you neil and the boys after what ever happens.

Pre season friendly result from Saturday - St Teath 0 St Stephens Borough 4 (Jamie Walton-Gould, James Felipe, Matt Budd, Dan Thompson)

o look mr chenery is back to his normal self, always posts a match result after a victory never a loss!!!!! lost to liskeard no post. win v st teath we get a post.... consistency please would be nice

St Dennis 11-1 St Teath

Not being funny guys and don't wanna be harsh but if St Teaths side Is the side we played today I think they may struggle. Sorry guys :-(

i know we was poor but it didnt help that we had to bring in players from other clubs to make up the numbers we didnt have all our first team out as 4 or 5 was away.

not making any excuses though as st dennis played very well and without a doubt will do very well in the higher league gd luck