Cornwall Football Forum

Foxhole v St Blazey

Foxhole 1 St Blazey 2

Wednesday 21st July 2010

Only a controversial 78th minute penalty won and converted by Chris Reski denied new-look Foxhole the draw their battling performance deserved in front of a large crowd at Goverseth. The Foxes had even taken the lead four minutes into the second-half when Smith was outpaced by Friendship, whose low centre was fumbled by Blackler for Griffin to poke home from three yards. However, St Blazey's slick passing, which in the first-half had been well-contained by an impressive defensive display to the extent that Holland was a virtual spectator, soon threatened a response, and, just after intelligent play by the diminutive and elusive Kemp had released Cherrill to fire wide, Cooper unselfishly teed up the unmarked Reski to equalise with nineteen minutes remaining. Amid wholesale home substitutions it was perhaps inevitable that the visitors would snatch a winner, but it was disappointing not only that Whetter's challenge should be deemed illegal, but that none of the three officials observed blatant encroachment by Cooper et al at the deciding spot-kick.

The Foxes can certainly be pleased, particularly with their first-half showing. Ralph and Whetter looked solid at the heart of the defence, while Conibear excelled at left-back against the dangerous Reski. Fellow debutant Trudgian competed well for an hour, and Kempthorne again showed enough to suggest his potential, while the returning Friendship supplied both pace and width sadly lacking in recent seasons. Griffin tormented Ellis down the left, but alas failed to convert two headed chances before the break, although Rowe wasted the best opportunity from close-range from a centre from Body, who was himself to drive wide on the hour when clean through. St Blazey, who had Isbell booked for dissent after being penalised for a foul on Conibear, and Piggott cautioned for a poor challenge on Whetter, comfortably saw out time with Blackler required only to easily field Hawke's header from Reed's deep free-kick at the death.

Foxhole (4-4-2): Ryan Holland; CJ Bird, Kieran Conibear, Bradley Ralph, Lee Whetter; Kyle Friendship, Richard Griffin, Michael Kempthorne, Adam Trudgian; Michael Body, Mark Rowe.

Subs: David Grose, Brandon Tregidga, Richard Hawke, Paul Reed, Ryan Wilkins.

St Blazey (4-4-2): Tom Blackler; Lewis Ellis, Luke Rundle, Lee Bradd, Tom Smith; Chris Reski, Ashley Piggott, Josh Kemp, Jay Isbell; Jon Hoyles, Danny Zalick.

Subs: Will Cherrill, Mamsie Sabo, Josh Higman, Sam Cooper, Josh Bragg, Dave Trott.

Referee: Mr Malcolm West (Foxhole).

A good evenings football to kick start the new season and a good crowd to. Both sides will probably see this as a very good work out as both sides look more than capable of pushing the top teams in their respective leagues. Nothing to friendly about this one with plenty of hard challenges and everyone out to impress and win.

St Blazey now play Neath on saturday (kick off 1pm) and then Truro on the tuesday (kick off 7.30pm)

:drink:

Darin, if you can post this on a friendly , you have to get out more . Cracking game with two good sides , ref not so good but all in all good for foxhole and good run out for blazey .What a good night for football all the best to both sides in there leagues. Tom smith that was a bit different what a loss for falmouth. :clapper:

Darin, if you can post this on a friendly , you have to get out more . Cracking game with two good sides , ref not so good but all in all good for foxhole and good run out for blazey .What a good night for football all the best to both sides in there leagues. Tom smith that was a bit different what a loss for falmouth. :clapper:

The Foxes had even taken the lead four minutes into the second-half when Smith was outpaced by Friendship B) :clapper:

:rolleyes: Funny thing how you can watch a game and read a report and wonder if you were at the same game as the writer!!

It may well have been that the goal came from "Smith being outpaced by Friendship" (although I personally didn't see it) but the report fails to mention that other than that the player was untroubled and looked a class above the others on the field (which to some will come as no surprise). I thought it was a good run out for both sides and with 4 or 5 ex-St Blazey players in the Foxhole line up - never going to be a "friendly". A very good 60 mins from Josh Kemp also-who stood out.

Good luck to Foxhole this season - top 6 in Div 1 West me thinks- as for Blazey a challenge to improve on last years excellent 4th- but I like challenges :yahoo:

Blazey Boy

The futures bright-the future's green & black

:rolleyes: Funny thing how you can watch a game and read a report and wonder if you were at the same game as the writer!!

It may well have been that the goal came from "Smith being outpaced by Friendship" (although I personally didn't see it) but the report fails to mention that other than that the player was untroubled and looked a class above the others on the field (which to some will come as no surprise). I thought it was a good run out for both sides and with 4 or 5 ex-St Blazey players in the Foxhole line up - never going to be a "friendly". A very good 60 mins from Josh Kemp also-who stood out.

Good luck to Foxhole this season - top 6 in Div 1 West me thinks- as for Blazey a challenge to improve on last years excellent 4th- but I like challenges :yahoo:

Blazey Boy

The futures bright-the future's green & black

Blazey Boy

Nice to see your support for Tom Smith ......... Protect your investment....... Dont worry everyone knows your paying him out of your own pocket.... oh and Josh Kemp being paid by you as well is he ????????

Sad Times for Blazey, clubs will not survive from handouts from people like you (you are not Kevin Heaney), enjoy spending your hard earnt money and hope you will be really pleased this year when you forked out all that money.........

As for your " from St Austell but hate St Austell" comment. just goes to show what sort of person you really are. :SM_carton:

Money Man

Money Man, you just worry about St Austell and how your going to use your money and leave others to decide how to spend theirs. Im sure if St Blazey are having sad times youll be looking for an easy 6 points of us this season. :blink:

Blazey boy can't think who the 4 or 5 ex St Blazey boys where that played for Foxhole on Wednesday night,please enlighten me.

Bunty, I think I can help you :- Myself, Whetts, Bods, Kieran and CJ, although I don't know if CJ played for the first team.

Money Man

You certainly "think" you know me. I find it funny how inaccurate things can be particularly since the intervention of the internet (If you don't know the facts just make it up!) I have no interest in how you spend your money each week at Tesco's or in local football circles and would ask for the same respect. I am not "paying" any player at St Blazey (or any other club for that matter)"out of my own pocket" although if I were it would be none of your business!

I agree with a comment on another thread (Soil sports I believe)which said it is boring all the talk about money/budgets.

I do note that the word HATE is used in the left hand box and would like to appologise to anyone if this has offended. This user was set up by my then 10/11 year old son so I think the comment needs to be kept in context. I would,however,ask one of the administrators to remove it please. I have a lot of time for certain people involved at St Austell (Trevor,Brian etc.)

Also thank you to Crouchy for confirming the 4 or 5 ex-Blazey players that played for Foxhole last Wednesday.

New season just around the corner-can't wait

Blazey Boy (snr)