Cornwall Football Forum

Massey's Mutterings - July 21st 2010

Although of course we’re behind bookies favourites and big money spending teams, Falmouth, Plymouth Parkway, Bodmin and St Blazey, we will hopefully continue to punch above our weight and give hope to teams and clubs who do not have big budgets, you can still be successful with a little organisation, ability and desire!

I always look forward to and enjoy reading your mutterings Mass', but sometimes you get the odd fact very wrong indeed. I cannot speak on behalf of either Bodmin, Parkway or Falmouth, but I can assure you that St Blazey are NOT a "big money spending team" as you claim and would openly risk my tenner against one of yours that in actual fact its below that of Bucklands this season!!! Sorry but couldnt have you believing that and using it in your team talks v the Green & Blacks this season!!

The signing of Tom Smith is, as you say, the transfer coup of the season for St Blazey, but please dont let it cloud your judgement of St Blazey's finances!!

Best of luck for the new season Mass'.

Gents sorry to dampen on your fire but Tom Smith coup of the season, I don't think so!his ego is going to be far to big for the dressing rooms at Blazey and thats without the players having to put up with it. And on the field unless Blazey play with a back three as Truro did he will be found out as he has no pace.You have't got a Sean Flynn to cover up all his mistakes.

As I said coup I don't think so but good luck to Blazey

There's a new Massey's Mutterings page with Steve's thoughts on his first game for three seasons! Find out why he suggests Alan Carey is no doubt in control of things at Bickland, while he compares the FA with the CCFA!!!

Steve, I think there are quite a few Falmouth fans wondering why Tom smith has left Falmouth,

the other thing that bothers me is why do you think that Falmouth are one of the teams tiped for the top spot, I see a lot of PZ players have signed for Town, but PZ were not in the title chase last year so why should it be any different now that 7 are playing for Falmouth, last years team did well to finish third, & I could see no real reason for changing so many players, & most of the PZ players have played for Falmouth in the past,why should they be any better this time around, I remember last year Falmouth were tipped for the top spot , it took them a long time to get close to the top, but truthfully I have yet to be convinced that this years team is going to be any better than last years team, I hope I am proven wrong, I think that Buckland & Bodmin & maybe St Blazey are still going to be very tough nuts to crack,

Yours Hammers :c::huh: :c:

Gents sorry to dampen on your fire but Tom Smith coup of the season, I don't think so!his ego is going to be far to big for the dressing rooms at Blazey and thats without the players having to put up with it. And on the field unless Blazey play with a back three as Truro did he will be found out as he has no pace.You have't got a Sean Flynn to cover up all his mistakes.

Python I have never been privvy to dressing room details , obviously you have. Everyone's entitled to their opinions

and mine is that Mr Flynn should hang his boots up and stick to cutting the grass on his holiday park where his

foul mouth can't get him sent off!!!

Python I have never been privvy to dressing room details , obviously you have. Everyone's entitled to their opinions

and mine is that Mr Flynn should hang his boots up and stick to cutting the grass on his holiday park where his

foul mouth can't get him sent off!!!

Mr Flynn is a massive bonus to this league. Foul mouth? Dont go to any game, anywhere, ever again, would be my advice...

I thought football was promoted as a family game these days!The Officials should stamp out foul and abusive language on the pitch and from Managers. Ah but then that is another can of worms - Bad Officials.

Alan,

Thanks for your kind words and observations,

I'm really pleased you read Massey's Mutterings and knew I couldn't pull the wool over your eyes!

I thought by saying you where the odds on Favorites and biggest spenders in the league, would be far to much pressure for you to handle, so as you quite rightly spotted, I tried to take some of that pressure off you by including both Parkway and Blazey in there also. Its very much appreciated that you don't blame me for trying to deflect that pressure away from yourselves.

Once again many thanks for your kind words, and good luck with that added pressure, you can cope!

Best Wishes

Mass