Cornwall Football Forum

Brian Biggin Memorial Cup

Teams participating in this new charity competition are Godolphin Atlantic, Newquay, Perranporth and Wadebridge.

Fixtures

Saturday 24th July Godolphin Atlantic versus Perranporth k.o. 3pm

Wadebridge versus Newquay k.o. 3pm

Monday 26th July Newquay versus Perranporth k.o.7.30pm.

Tuesday 27th July Godolphin Atlantic versus Wadebridge k.o 7pm.

Friday 30th July Perranporth versus Wadebridge k.o. 7.30pm. GAME TO BE PLAYED AT NEWQUAY

Saturday 30th July Newquay versus Godolphin Atlantic k.o. 3pm.

Many thanks to the management and players of all the clubs who have generously given their support to the competition and to Trevor and Jill Mewton for arranging the competition in memory of Brian.

Its really nice to have a match to honour brian and all the other fine people who have passed away recently including my dear mum who used to take my dad up to watch newquay play in his wheelchair .I hope theres a good crowd there because brian was a lovely bloke and is sorely missed by all at newquay fc .I was wandering if there is going to be a legends match like last year when liverpool played it would be lovely to get man utd legends here or john hodge maybe could get arsenals legends team here because of his arsenal contacts ,young anita would love that ,and by the way shes taking her driving test soon so be warned .

I totally agree with honouring Brian and raising funds for whatever charity that Sandra deems appropriate. However, playing pre-season matches against two of your local rivals, where the risk of injuries on both sides are increased, is possible not the best of ideas. I beleive that Brian was connected with Brentford FC in some way as a young man, perhaps a friendly against the Coca Cola League side may have been a better idea.

I just hope that local rivalries are set aside and football is played in the style that Brian would have approved of. After visiting Liskeard and winning last pre-season, surely they should be visiting Mount Wise, possibly a sterner test for Jims lads.

Good luck to all involved in the Brian Biggin Memorial Cup, stay safe.

Please note that the Friday game July 30th between Perranporth and Wadebridge is being played at NEWQUAY NOT WADEBRIDGE K.O. 7.30pm. On Saturday the game between Newquay and Godolphin Atlantic K.O.3pm.will be followed by the presentation of the cup.

On Saturday morning prior to the Newquay v Godolphin match 10.30am to 1pm.under 8's and under 9's from Godolphin, Newquay, Perranporth and Newquay will be playing in a fun tournament in memory of Brian.

godolphin worthy winners beating newquay 2-1 in a match they dominated against a poor newquay display with captain sean middleton badly missing couldnt understand why the gs goalie was sitting in a deckchair seriously he had nothing to do .Godolphin are a fine young team with several really good players.Trevor mewton made a nice speach at the end and im sure brian would of been looking down but just wishing his newquay side played better ,well done godolphin but wait until middleton is back.