Cornwall Football Forum

In my opinion they will do well and be a mid table side. I'm sure there main aim will be to stay up this season and establish themselves as a senior club once more. Having played Pendeen on more than one occasions they are a physical side, some tackles being x-rated, this will work to their advantage as some young players will be put off the ball. Best of luck to them I say!

They aren't as physical as they were. They got a few cow kickers and a couple which aren't to bad. They got a good centre half Glen Crew, in the middle they got Andy Howes and Tom Ramsey who are not bad until you get under them then they want to come off as they don't like the physical side of the game. They got a couple good youngsters one is a full back Luke May and a striker/winger Andrew Annis. They will finish around middle this year which wont be bad for them.

The aim for Pendeen long term has got to be to sustain a mid table senior side this year and hopefully many more after that, the real question is whether this will be possible relying on players to play for our club for love of the game and not money as contrary to the rumour mill Pendeen will NOT be paying any players to play, and I don't think ever will all the while we have the committee that is in place now. Things are going to be interesting for us as the combination league has changed quite a bit since Pendeen were last in it, what will be, will be! p.s combokid, should we be worried that you know our entire first teams full names, are you trying to tell us something, should I be expecting some 7 day approaches in the post? Lol!

They aren't as physical as they were. They got a few cow kickers and a couple which aren't to bad. They got a good centre half Glen Crew, in the middle they got Andy Howes and Tom Ramsey who are not bad until you get under them then they want to come off as they don't like the physical side of the game. They got a couple good youngsters one is a full back Luke May and a striker/winger Andrew Annis. They will finish around middle this year which wont be bad for them.

I think you'll find Andy Howes will be reffing again this year :SM_carton_y: :o

• 2 weeks later...

Instead, why don't you list the grounds you would like to play on?

top 3

1. Hayle main pitch

2. Hayle youth pitch

3. Hayle pitch across road

It's a no brainer really :thumbsup::yahoo:

Have you only ever played on them three pitches?? :ninja:

Penryn , truro , porthleven , hayle these are all good pitch's

Wendren , pendeen , penzance , helston these are what you call not bad to play on.

st ives , perrranwell , troon , holmans are all rubbish pitch's

Nothing wrong with Holmans pitch...

Perranwell is a hazard.

Wendron not bad to play on? perhaps the best surface in the league! let me refer to our award winning groundsman and pitch last season. Jack Prowse picked up 2nd place in the FA National Groundsman of the Year Ceremony and was interviewed on Sky Sports at the hollowed turf which is the Underlane about the pitch's success. We are lucky to have facilities and a pitch like the one we do and we are pleased to offer such a quality surface.

inreresting to see how this thread has gone from Pendeen's chances this year to desirable pitches!

Best of luck

holmons is a nice pitch untill it rains then it is horrible.

Falmouth is a good pitch too.

I dont think any pitch is to great in the rain combo kid.

We managed to fulfil a lot of our home fixtures when many others were deemed unplayable last season because the conditons at Blaythorne allowed the game to go ahead.

Maybe it doesnt have the billiard table looks of penryn but its large, wide and flat(ish)

Wendron not bad to play on? perhaps the best surface in the league! let me refer to our award winning groundsman and pitch last season. Jack Prowse picked up 2nd place in the FA National Groundsman of the Year Ceremony and was interviewed on Sky Sports at the hollowed turf which is the Underlane about the pitch's success. We are lucky to have facilities and a pitch like the one we do and we are pleased to offer such a quality surface.

inreresting to see how this thread has gone from Pendeen's chances this year to desirable pitches!

Best of luck

Nice to play on at the start or end of the season, but VERY boggy for the other 8 months! Goes from one of the best to one of the worst in that respect. Perhaps it's that hollowed turf letting the water in, now if it was hallowed turf... ;)

Best of luck

Nice to play on at the start or end of the season, but VERY boggy for the other 8 months! Goes from one of the best to one of the worst in that respect. Perhaps it's that hollowed turf letting the water in, now if it was hallowed turf... ;)

fair shout COD. the surface at the underlane is both hollow and hallowed. ;)

Guest CONFLICTO

Still can't believe that Shane Richards is still chasing the money around still at his age. Still don't think he is worth the money. there are better players in the league.

Sorry Shane

I have been led to belive that you are a so called friend of Shane Richards and all you do on here is slag the boy off. Good mate that is lets hope you dont play when he does hey you silly boy. He obviously isn't chasing any money this season because if I'm wrong hes at Penryn and they don't pay.

I don't care if I play against Shane or not. I just get on with the game. I am sure if you ask Shane what happen last time we played him, he will tell you who the people who were scared of him and for one wasn't. It don't bother me to bits if I play Shane at all. I just wish he joined ST Just as I loved playing with him and he is a very good laugh as well as a good player. I don't blame him for going up penryn as they are a good side with the best pitch in the league. I would love to do that if i was home every weekend and if i was good enough. Shane is a good mate and am just winding him up. speak to you later Shane.