Cornwall Football Forum

Club Assistant Referee Training SWPL

Guest Ray Lloyd

Guest Ray Lloyd

Hello,

This is my first posting on this site but I have followed some of the topics with interest!. The SWPL have arranged 3 courses for Assistant Referees for the league, it is a requirement of the league that all teams in East & West have trained Club assstants (It is also not a bad idea for clubs in the Premier to have someone trained should one of the officials fail to turn up or get injured). These are booked to take at Exeter Civil Service on Monday 19th July (7pm - 9.30ish), Saltash FC on Thursday 29th July (7pm - 9.30ish) & at St Blazey FC on Monday 2nd August (7pm - 9.30ish).

There has been a lot of discussion about this topic last season, my hope is that following the course all who attend will have an excellent knowledge of the Law with the confidence to do the job correctly, this will help our Referees also enjoy & control the game, it will also give the clubs a point of reference to what the the Law actually says and what the role of assistant referee actually entails. I have been running this training now for the past 2 years and those involved with the league tell me that there has been a marked improvement, so lets hope we can continue this positive action for the benefit of all.

I will be running the courses assisted by Peter Manaton, we aim to make the evening enjoyable and informative, with classroom presentations & a practical outside session.

All those attending are asked to bring a change of footwear & outdoor/waterproof clothing should it be raining. Please try to arrive in plenty of time so we can get underway on time.

Please contact Keith Mann to book a place.

I look forward to seeing you on the night.

Best wishes,

Ray Lloyd

FA Referee Instructor :thumbsup: :SM_carton_y:

Hello,

This is my first posting on this site but I have followed some of the topics with interest!. The SWPL have arranged 3 courses for Assistant Referees for the league, it is a requirement of the league that all teams in East & West have trained Club assstants (It is also not a bad idea for clubs in the Premier to have someone trained should one of the officials fail to turn up or get injured). These are booked to take at Exeter Civil Service on Monday 19th July (7pm - 9.30ish), Saltash FC on Thursday 29th July (7pm - 9.30ish) & at St Blazey FC on Monday 2nd August (7pm - 9.30ish).

There has been a lot of discussion about this topic last season, my hope is that following the course all who attend will have an excellent knowledge of the Law with the confidence to do the job correctly, this will help our Referees also enjoy & control the game, it will also give the clubs a point of reference to what the the Law actually says and what the role of assistant referee actually entails. I have been running this training now for the past 2 years and those involved with the league tell me that there has been a marked improvement, so lets hope we can continue this positive action for the benefit of all.

I will be running the courses assisted by Peter Manaton, we aim to make the evening enjoyable and informative, with classroom presentations & a practical outside session.

All those attending are asked to bring a change of footwear & outdoor/waterproof clothing should it be raining. Please try to arrive in plenty of time so we can get underway on time.

Please contact Keith Mann to book a place.

I look forward to seeing you on the night.

Best wishes,

Ray Lloyd

FA Referee Instructor :thumbsup::SM_carton_y:

there is always a lot of discusson ray regarding club linesman which is the reason I am not doing it for the forseeable future and that simply is because you can't seem to please either team when doing the job. So many clubs say you should make decisions of offside and throw ins and nothing else. Referees tell all linesman different decisions that he/she may want help with e.g free kicks, not all games. But when you give a free kick either for or against, your own club even gives you a bolloking for doing it in the first place, saying you shudnt be doing it. Well im sorry but if you commit a foul you give it, not help out your team by not giving it. The last game i did for the club I was with I had a player yellow carded for constant back chat and then the club felt that I wasnt being fair to the club and advertised for another linesman, who was FA standard, meaning he would drop down to their levels to rather than better games at his standard. I agree the pre season courses are brilliant but when on the pitch its different story.

Here we go again with "Mr Cornwall". Whiter than white!!!!!!! 4 clubs in 3 seasons really speaks for itself. If that was a player with so many clubs people would ask the question why? The real reason you aren't linesmanning anymore is because no club will touch you.

well jannerlad here we go again. yes 3 clubs in 3 seasons so what, shall I change the CV to retired. Obviously those clubs saw something in me to want me to officiate for them, so I should be thankful that those 3 clubs saw something in me to have them at their clubs and I am grateful to them all. Gooner, you were at Lantoom many times when I was official for vospers, callington and for the league against plymstock. You know that I give fair decisions on what I see, not what Team I am representing. At the end of the day the League need someone for each club and the vice versa. Jannerlad, you can obviously do a better job than me so go along to the training I am sure you will learn a lot from Ray Lloyd and respect the job that we do rather than hastily publicing what you think is right all the time and bring up this 3 club malarky.