Cornwall Football Forum

Dobwalls have a new management team

Dobwalls are delighted to announce the appointment of Mark Andrews and his back up team to replace the outgoing Geoff Battams and Martin Hodge.

A number of strong candidates were interviewed but the deciding factor was the clubs desire to build a mainly youthful side for the future.

Mark has a proven track record at youth level,his Tamarside under 18 team swept the boards in Devon last season.

Not only did they do the league and Cup double but they also won the Devon County Cup.

Mark is looking to blend a number of his successful squad with the existing retained players and any new talent that should emerge pre season.

Training is on wednesday evenings at the ground starting at 7.00pm where everyone will be made welcome.

So if you think you have something to offer at Peninsula level come along and give it a go.

Dobwalls are delighted to announce the appointment of Mark Andrews and his back up team to replace the outgoing Geoff Battams and Martin Hodge.

A number of strong candidates were interviewed but the deciding factor was the clubs desire to build a mainly youthful side for the future.

Mark has a proven track record at youth level,his Tamarside under 18 team swept the boards in Devon last season.

Not only did they do the league and Cup double but they also won the Devon County Cup.

Mark is looking to blend a number of his successful squad with the existing retained players and any new talent that should emerge pre season.

Training is on wednesday evenings at the ground starting at 7.00pm where everyone will be made welcome.

So if you think you have something to offer at Peninsula level come along and give it a go.

That should be Paul Andrews not Mark Andrews.

That should be Paul Andrews not Mark Andrews.

Who ever is manager its got to be better than the idiots they had in charge before.......... DOBWALLS HAVE DONE WELL TO GET THEM OUT.

Absolute disgusting behaviour last season on the side lines....... certainly tarnished Dowalls family club reputation.

Good luck Dobwalls for the coming season.

Battams and Hodge :SM_carton: :SM_carton: :SM_carton: :SM_carton: :SM_carton: :SM_carton: :SM_carton:

Guest Skippy8

Can someone please contact me, Neill Williams Edgcumbe FC manager at nwilliamstafc@live.co.uk to confirm our friendly with Dobwalls at their place on the 17th August 18.30 ko is still on please.

Guest Ex Pro Footballer

totally agree, dobwalls have done well to get rid of hodge and battams, i watched dobwalls play last season and there managers have not got a clue, pub managers i would say.....always looking for a fight

well done dobwalls

Guest Ex Pro Footballer

successful! wot they won? you wait and see....they will be the gaffer of a sunday pub side next.

i agree with Money Man..

successful! wot they won? you wait and see....they will be the gaffer of a sunday pub side next.

i agree with Money Man..

Think Hodgies trophy cabinet speaks for itself from when he managed Liskeard! Not so sure on Batts but he is a great guy who was a pro! You're quite outspoken Ex Pro Footballer who if i'm right hasnt even come out and said who u are?

i agree with Money Man..

Think Hodgies trophy cabinet speaks for itself from when he managed Liskeard! Not so sure on Batts but he is a great guy who was a pro! You're quite outspoken Ex Pro Footballer who if i'm right hasnt even come out and said who u are?

Agree Mart.

dobwalls family club?i played friendlys pre season down there a few times and all they wanted to do is kick bails out of you and shout abuse from the sidelines all game

lets hope it has changed or will be changing :drink:

dobwalls family club?i played friendlys pre season down there a few times and all they wanted to do is kick bails out of you and shout abuse from the sidelines all game

By far the most un-enjoyable game i played last season. Team full of idiots, management full of idiots, and supporters bunch of idiots. Well done to Dobwalls for taking a step in the right direction and hopefully you will start letting FOOTBALL do the talking.

By far the most un-enjoyable game i played last season. Team full of idiots, management full of idiots, and supporters bunch of idiots. Well done to Dobwalls for taking a step in the right direction and hopefully you will start letting FOOTBALL do the talking.

Did they happen to beat you last season then? Just wondering?

I don't normally get too wound up about some of the dross that appears on this website but would have to say the comments of some morons on here particularly LEANER(and yes I do know who you are as there is not much that goes on in local football circles that I don't know about) - are way out of order. I was one of the so called idiots who watched and supported Dobwalls last season and take great exception to your remarks - best thing you can do is come and meet me and call me that to my face!!!! by the way my son played for Dobwalls last season too perhaps you could tell him what you really think of him also to his face!!!! rather than hiding on here......and just for the record yes Dobwalls did take four points of ST.Austell last season - but Saints had only themselves to blame for NOT winning the title....

I don't normally get too wound up about some of the dross that appears on this website but would have to say the comments of some morons on here particularly LEANER(and yes I do know who you are as there is not much that goes on in local football circles that I don't know about) - are way out of order. I was one of the so called idiots who watched and supported Dobwalls last season and take great exception to your remarks - best thing you can do is come and meet me and call me that to my face!!!! by the way my son played for Dobwalls last season too perhaps you could tell him what you really think of him also to his face!!!! rather than hiding on here......and just for the record yes Dobwalls did take four points of ST.Austell last season - but Saints had only themselves to blame for NOT winning the title....

Im actually good mates with your son Geoff, who is one of a few Dobwalls players i have respect for. He also didnt play in either game against us last season therefore i clearly wasn't reffering to him. I appologise for the few Dobwalls fans (clearly you being one of them) and players that didnt act out of order that game, but i feel the majority did, especially the Dobwalls goalkeeper who feels its acceptable to flick a towel into the face of our women Physio after the game and have to get physically split apart between changing rooms. I also dont believe spitting on and off the field is very acceptable. Clearly as a supporter you aren't going to be fully aware of what goes on and what is said on the pitch. Again, the most un-enjoyable game of the season. Not bitter about the result, and the league was already lost before that game.

Good luck to the new Dobwalls next season.

:thumbsup:

i was at 3 or 4 games last season down at dobwalls, i also watched alot of other clubs in lots of games last season. Dobwalls were one of the most anti-social clubs i have come across , there management team just seemed to want to fight and moan with the oppo dug-out every game i saw, blessing disguise that tey have left in my opinion .

hopefully the new team will improve the clubs image however it will be a long tough season for the young lads , good luck

has anyone got a number for mr andrews?

Leaner iv played with u at st austell and u played with my brother for a number of years at youth am i also an idiot? Just a bit off a clue im the one tthat got very badly injurd in that game that we beat u. im making no excuss for what castel did by flicking danni with a towle but the way everyone reackted was a bit over the top. And no im not defending a teammeber. As im mates with both danni and castel. Also if we wher that bad last season y did wel not lose to a top 4 side and got in to the charity cup semi final after beating pearanporth 4:1 after playing with 10 men for 70 mins?

has anyone got a number for mr andrews?

Leaner iv played with u at st austell and u played with my brother for a number of years at youth am i also an idiot? Just a bit off a clue im the one tthat got very badly injurd in that game that we beat u. im making no excuss for what castel did by flicking danni with a towle but the way everyone reackted was a bit over the top. And no im not defending a teammeber. As im mates with both danni and castel. Also if we wher that bad last season y did wel not lose to a top 4 side and got in to the charity cup semi final after beating pearanporth 4:1 after playing with 10 men for 70 mins?

"I appologise for the few Dobwalls fans (clearly you being one of them) and PLAYERS that didnt act out of order that game"

Not going to dwel on last season. Just posting my opinion on what i would class as the majority (not all!!) of the Dobwalls set up last year, and my opinion seems to match that of a few others on this post. Like I said, good luck to Dobwalls, and hope you've recovered/recover soon from your injury Avers! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hi Leaner

I have been associated with Dobwalls for a number of years in one capacity or another and I would agree that a number of supporters and players have been extremely passionate on occasions which has usually happened in matches where the opposition have participated in the over zealous banter.

I do not condone it in any shape or form but when you have two competitive sets of players and supporters it some times boils over.

I can name a number of clubs that in the peninsula league that are no different to Dobwalls or St Austell on match days.

If you are telling us that your club is always on their best behaviour I think we know better.

All the best for life in the Premier league.

LEANER I Can assure you there is not much that goes on that I don't know about and I agree with your comments about some of the things that you state particularly the incident with the physio however every club has its problems including yours last season as we are all aware and yes there are a lot of things done and said in the heat of the moment that should not be - however that does NOT give you the right to tarnish everyone - i say what i think and try to be constructive but sometimes we have to agree to disagree no need to be abusive to supporters in general who after all in the main are just following their team and with attendances the way they are nowadays we ALL need them.....however apology accepted!!!!

Just want to add my congratulations to Paul for getting the Dobwalls job and wish all the lads the best of luck for next season. Dobwalls have got themselves a cracking bunch of lads and will do well,great appointment.

Hope to catch a couple of games during the season.

All the best lads!!!

Are these the same "cracking bunch of lads" that pulled out of the ECPL before the start of the season 2 years ago: and who committed themselves to Torpoint's Duchy team this season and then jumped ship to join Dobwalls.

Now I understand that Tamarside (who were champions) have already withdrawn from the Plymouth League?

Good luck to Dobwalls-I think you'r going to need it!

No they are not.The Tamarside team which withdrew from the ECPL consists of the likes of Adam carter,Ben Davies,Danny Brookes,Lewis Russell,Joe Carey,Demitri Kanakah and the list goes on all now plying their trade in the peninsula league for a variety of clubs.

The new Dobwalls team is last years Tamarside Under 18s and yes after a couple of seasons Dobwalls might struggle to keep a lot of the players as they are again a very talented group of players and when the top peninsula clubs come calling it is hard for them to resist.

As from next sseason there is not a Tamarside Football Club.The new football network ranging from under 5/6/7 coaching,youth sides for 8/9/10/11/12/13/14 (2 sides at each age group) boys,girls at 10s/16s/ladies and boys youth under 18 will be the Marine Academy Plymouth Football Club in line with the community college at Tamarside obtaining Academy status.

This change has meant a total review both on and off the pitch as to what we offer and the best way forward as a long-term plan.Unfortunately for a variety of reasons it was decided not to have a senior mens side this season under this umbrella.

The few occasions i have visited Dobwalls i have found their managment to be a shambles, looking to cause a fight, and the majority of players and supporters seemed to echo and replicate this behaviour. Most games there are young children at the games, and i for one would never have allowed my son anywhere near behaviour like that when he was younger. Hopefully the new managment will follow a different path and not one "recent dutch" styled way. It is not good to watch and it in no way promotes anything positive. Understandably this is not aimed at all, but then surely it must be taken on board it is not one or two people making this observation of the club but many. As i said hopefully the new managment will make changes, improving the reputation of the club and cornish football! :smiley20: :drink:

if we had a facility to meet the ground criteria then yes we would put together a fantastic team to challenge the best sides in the Peninsula.

The best leagues we can compete in are the ECPL and the P+D and the quality of the young players we produce are too good to be playing at that standard and quite rightly deserve to play at a higher grade.

It is a situation which runs through the core of the club as at under 10s/11s we lose a fair proportion of our players to professional clubs.

Our policy is to give our members the best footballing opportunities available and if they go on to make something of themselves at pro or semi-pro level then good luck to them and we support them every step of the way.

As a club it is up to us to find a facility or improve our current facility so that we can accomodate our players coming through, so until that time comes this situation will arise every season.

We have always viewed our seniors as an exit route for our Juniors and not run a side for the sake of it involving players from other clubs and we stand by our policy..........its what we do.

So any lottery winners out there wanting to but us a new ground.........give me a ring!!!

Tamarside FC is no more as we move into a new era as Marine Academy Plymouth FC.Exciting times for us at the club and im sure the journey ahead will be as succesful as the previous 15 years as Tamarside.

Sorry to hear of the loss of Tamarside to P&D and DJM. I have spent many a night under the lights at the Parkway watching the U18's and the two senior teams, they would have had one hell one of a team if they had retained all the players that passed through the club. Good luck for the future.