Cornwall Football Forum

Penzance AFC are pleased to announce that Ashley Tallon has taken over as Manager of Penzance Reserves and will be assisted by Allen Spencer-Smith.

Training will begin on Monday 19th July, 7pm at Marazion AFC.

All old and new players, or just the curious, are welcome to attend.

Friendlies are yet to be arranged but will be posted as and when known.

For all other enquiries, please call John Mead on 07952 312 906

Guest CONFLICTO

Have Ashley Thomas and jowan may signed for penryn athletic??

I belive they have 2 great signings by the manager along with Shane Richards who despite comments is very hungry this season and looking in the best shape he has for a long long time. The clean break will do Shane good and playing on a top pitch pitch I predict his best season ever.....

Shane is only after the money and when he has had enough he will move clubs like he always does. I have heard that Jowan may might be going back to St just but we will have to see. as for Shane I wish him well but don't think he is as good as he used to be. when he first went to ST Just he was good, he could score from anywhere and he had the speed. he is to big now been working out to much and put the weight on.

Shane is only after the money and when he has had enough he will move clubs like he always does. I have heard that Jowan may might be going back to St just but we will have to see. as for Shane I wish him well but don't think he is as good as he used to be. when he first went to ST Just he was good, he could score from anywhere and he had the speed. he is to big now been working out to much and put the weight on.

just to correct part of the above statement. penryn do not and will not pay at combination level. they only people that get a fiver are the ones that drive to away games. if penryn had a budget it would only go in andy parrys pocket!!! lol!!!

Then he is telling porky pies im afraid. you cant just say a team is getting paid coz youve heard a rumour. Penryns team last year was based on youth, not greedy ego fuelled local footballers. Like i said before, you would be lucky to get a pint out of andy parry let alone cash for running round for 90 mins. Andy parry is successful coz if you want to play for him then play, if not dont. Thats his attitude. Why bribe a player to sign for a tenner a week when you can have a local 18 - 19 year old play for free and still finish runners up and unbeaten in the league.

Not having a go at anyone here just putting it straight that penryn combo dont pay.

Guest CONFLICTO

shane would not join you for nothin. and he has told me him self he will be getting £30 a game.

haha funniest thing i have read on here, even most of the first team weren't on this amount last year!

All a wind up Shane dont want any money he wants to play in a good side on the best pitch in the county every other week. Sometimes you have pay players to put up with playing on parks but at Penryn its a privilage!!!!!

Patt y have u left the ryn!!!!!

shane would not join you for nothin. and he has told me him self he will be getting £30 a game.

haha funniest thing i have read on here, even most of the first team weren't on this amount last year!

All a wind up Shane dont want any money he wants to play in a good side on the best pitch in the county every other week. Sometimes you have pay players to put up with playing on parks but at Penryn its a privilage!!!!!

Patt y have u left the ryn!!!!!

i herd he got offerd more than that. wat does that say bout the penryns budget?

:ninja:

Best pitch hayle? I don't think so. The awards at penryn don't lie.

In the past maybe.

SWPLwest award for best pitch went to Hayle, richly deserved by Greg, as he also prepares THREE other pitches aswell.

Yes you are right and this award and recognition is long long overdue.

Three full sized pitches and all of the same standard at Hayle which many people dont realise.The 1st team pitch has 60+ games a season on it as well, each year, and it is always in award winning nick.

Nothing against the Penryn pitch (which is excellent and there are one or two others dotted around in Cornwall) but Hayle and Ian Gregory in particular deserve their success for years of hard work and effort.