Cornwall Football Forum

Five promotions in five years.

Bodmin Saints have recently been promoted to Duchy premier in place of firstly, Tywardreath RBL who have sadly folded and secondly Launceston United who have been demoted for player registration discrepancies. However Saints have been promoted for the fifth time in five years. Has this been achieved by any club in the county before?

Guest Stopgap!

Bodmin Saints have recently been promoted to Duchy premier in place of firstly, Tywardreath RBL who have sadly folded and secondly Launceston United who have been demoted for player registration discrepancies. However Saints have been promoted for the fifth time in five years. Has this been achieved by any club in the county before?

Yes Pablo, you are in good company! Saltash United who finished fourth in the Premier Division, last season, despite having lost their only out and out centre forward in a pre-season friendly, were promoted for the previous five seasons.

Good luck to Bodmin Saints. :clapper:

BTW. Saltash found little differance between some of the divisions, but the step up to the premier was a big one.

Thanks for the info' my friend. Well done to Torpoint also!

I don't reckon we're expecting too much next season. The promotion came as quite a surprise to be honest but we do have Martin Hicks back as manager for the forthcoming; so if anyone can make it six in six; it's Hickers!

By the way: we lost three strikers before the start of last season. The Ames brothers had scored 40 and 36 and Dan Jennings 29 for us in the previous season. They were a huge loss to Saints but somehow we came out of it pretty well. Dave Jeffries, our main striker just needs 2 to take him to 150 for the club, I'm betting he gets them in the first game.

Good luck to you for the coming season.