Cornwall Football Forum

" Carey Doubting Own Judgement ?? "

Its been well rumoured that Alan Carey has signed or signing in excess of 30 players this pre-season. Has he released the majority of last seasons successful squad or is this a sign of him doubting his own judgement of personel and team balance or are rumours true that he and Falmouth have a budget of around £1200 per game at their disposal?? Now thats a big budget per game and if indeed true,should help keep the "money driven player" to stick it out,but surely there will be an imminent exodus of players in the next 5 weeks. Any opinions anyone?

Its been well rumoured that Alan Carey has signed or signing in excess of 30 players this pre-season. Has he released the majority of last seasons successful squad or is this a sign of him doubting his own judgement of personel and team balance or are rumours true that he and Falmouth have a budget of around £1200 per game at their disposal?? Now thats a big budget per game and if indeed true,should help keep the "money driven player" to stick it out,but surely there will be an imminent exodus of players in the next 5 weeks. Any opinions anyone?

If there ever was a case of "buying" the League title, this must be it.

V J' ive got an opinion it's quite clear you have never worked with or played for Alan otherwise you would'nt of started this stupid thread, Doubts your having a laugh, as for the budget, well mate if he can go out and get the money why should it be a concern of yours? Get yourself down to Bickland this season and watch the team play and after the game you could put all your concerns to Alan yourself.

I've got an opinion VJ that you talk and think out of your own ***,also you should think about your own club if your involved in any or if any club ars stupid to have you involved cause you talk and think alot of s***.You should also take a hard look at your actions on or off the field you muppet :SM_carton:

Edited by Richard Chown
Inappropriate Language

Well you've certainly hit a nerve here VJ! I think if we put the "budget" issue to one side for a moment, there seems to be some substance in the statement regarding the amount of personnel recruited by Alan at Bickland so far which should make for some interesting times ahead. The Mancini and Man City of the SWPL!! Pressure on.

VJ...Ive looked at the signings they have made...is it six/seven? Add that to last years squad of probably 15 and how many do you get??

In excess of 30!!!! Not one to exaggerate hey!!! Why dont you concentrate on getting players for your son's club? Or is this St Blazeys only hope of signing a few...if they leave falmouth?! Haha VJ you are a joke!!

VJ, instead of starting these silly rumours,(first red card of the new season to VJ :SM_carton: ) why don't you wait until the new season starts, I am a long standing Falmouth suporter & even I do not know for sure who Allen has signed for the new season, all I know is I am more than confident that he will do what he feels is best for Falmouth Town,

So be Patient not long to go now before the new season starts.

Hammers, :c::yahoo: :c:

Bear in mind that Falmouth's outstanding player of last season Ben Stidwell, with a long term injury has to be replaced.

It seems like Mark Hollands being the man and I can not see Andy Westgarth being fit from that horific injury of last Autumn to start the season.

With all those local signings isn't that good vision in this time of low economic climate.

Checking on last season Alan used 22 players in his pre season campaign and ended up with the best Falmouth team in years.

(Well not since Gary Penhaligan's 05/06 team)

So bringing "local"players in for over £100 a game is "good vision in this time of low economic climate" Mike. And before you all bite away again ,these figures are being discussed openly amongst Falmouth Town signings??

So bringing "local"players in for over £100 a game is "good vision in this time of low economic climate" Mike. And before you all bite away again ,these figures are being discussed openly amongst Falmouth Town signings??

whilst i have no reason to doubt all these claims of £100 a game,

i will say,

i often boast about my twelve inch willy cause i cant really boast about it being only 4inches

If true that is great signing -didn't he have trials with Torquay/Yeovil at the end of last season?

5 of the local players are returning to Bickland Park

Karl Turner... 2001/03 76 Apps.20 goals

Johnny ludlam .2003/05 45 Apps 8 goals

Ross Pope .... 2000/05 159 Apps.10goals

Andy Westgarth 2002/.. 24 Apps 4 goals

James Miller.. 2003/04 2 Apps. 0 goals

Guest newbie

If true that is great signing -didn't he have trials with Torquay/Yeovil at the end of last season?

5 of the local players are returning to Bickland Park

Karl Turner... 2001/03 76 Apps.20 goals

Johnny ludlam .2003/05 45 Apps 8 goals

Ross Pope .... 2000/05 159 Apps.10goals

Andy Westgarth 2002/.. 24 Apps 4 goals

James Miller.. 2003/04 2 Apps. 0 goals

Westy not his usual prolific self the first time round at falmouth then??? Anyone got any news on his progress?? will he bit fit for the new season?