Cornwall Football Forum

INTERESTING POINT

Wouldn't it be nice if a referee was given the opportunity of not only sending a player off but actually awarding a goal as well. If not then the blatant cheating and not for the first time by Uruguay could reward the guy for a place in the final. Yes Ghana should have converted the penalty but that is not the point. It should matter not a jot if it is in the first or the last minute - allow the referee to award a goal.

Wouldn't it be nice if a referee was given the opportunity of not only sending a player off but actually awarding a goal as well. If not then the blatant cheating and not for the first time by Uruguay could reward the guy for a place in the final. Yes Ghana should have converted the penalty but that is not the point. It should matter not a jot if it is in the first or the last minute - allow the referee to award a goal.

Yup totally agree!

Guest Dean Cardew

No way! Part of football. It's a bit like bringing somenoe down when you're last man. He took one for the team. I'd do it

No way! Part of football. It's a bit like bringing somenoe down when you're last man. He took one for the team. I'd do it

I concur

It does not make it right. Give the goal and there wouldn't be a problem.

Surely this is another instance of where football lags behind other sports. In rugby the referee has had the option to award a penalty try for some years.

It's the same with video playback,goal line technology etc etc

I'd hate to see football become as start / stop as say basketball or American Football but some of the things that have happened in this World Cup have shown that football is long overdue some drastic rule changes