Cornwall Football Forum

Dobwalls looking for new management team

Dobwalls are looking for a new management team to run their South West Peninsula league team after Martin Hodge and Geoff Battams resigned after last nights first training session.

Anyone that is interested should contact John Blake for more details on 01579 342400 work, 01579 345570 evenings or 07721689380 mob.

A little bit suprised by this post. Geoff and Martin were doing a very good job at Dobwalls and had some outstanding results and finished last season strongly. In truth Dobwalls should have beaten us in the Charity Cup semi final but didn't take advantage of our poor performance. What were the reasons (if you can tell us) of why Geoff and Martin left?

Ive been told that a guy called paul andrews rang up on friday , was interviewed friday night an was offered the job saturday morning to which he has accpeted ???

paul andrews had only accepted the managers job at torpoints duchy team 2 weeks ago!!!! He ran a successful under 18 team last season and clearly the plan is gonna be play all those young lads. Hope he understands how big the step up is from under 18 to pennisula football.

panic signing by dobwalls, in my opinion there are better managers out there they could have gone for

Ive been told that a guy called paul andrews rang up on friday , was interviewed friday night an was offered the job saturday morning to which he has accpeted ???

paul andrews had only accepted the managers job at torpoints duchy team 2 weeks ago!!!! He ran a successful under 18 team last season and clearly the plan is gonna be play all those young lads. Hope he understands how big the step up is from under 18 to pennisula football.

panic signing by dobwalls, in my opinion there are better managers out there they could have gone for

I can confirm that nobody has yet been appointed at Dobwalls.

There have some enquiries and when the committee have looked at all the options they will make a decision.

I didn't see The Independent yesterday. Did it expand on the reasons behind the resignations

No not really!

On the manager's appointment front : Could it be a case of former managers such as Dave Skews and John Dunn coming back to hold the fort?

Although someone suggested to me yesterday that Dane Bunney might be a possibility as being interested, even though he only took over at Ottery St Mary last month! Dane has been in touch and commented "No truth in it at all I'm afraid. I'm committed to ottery now and wouldn't dream of dropping them in it by leaving after a month."

I've also heard from Dobwalls secretary John Blake who has also confirmed that although they have had 2 or 3 apply, no appointment has been made yet. They are meeting tonight to discuss the situation and hope to be in a position to hold some interviews later in the week.

In the meantime, John has asked me make it clear that the club is still open to receiving applications from anyone else interested.

Heard that the interviews were last night !!!!

Any news on the new manager ?

There were 3 interviews last night and more this evening.

The club hopes to make an announcement by tomorrow or saturday at the latest.

From what I can gather all of the candidates were of a high standard.