Cornwall Football Forum

England v Germany

georg-flag.jpgV germany-flag.gif

No matter what you think of the teams performance so far at this world cup and no matter what you think about the team selection we must get behind the country for this game

England have chosen the harder route to the final and lets be honest would we ever have it any other way

To be the best you have to beat the best and if were going to win this tournament then we will have to beat the best teams in the world along the way

COME ON ENGLAND

Guest newbie

georg-flag.jpgV germany-flag.gif

No matter what you think of the teams performance so far at this world cup and no matter what you think about the team selection we must get behind the country for this game

England have chosen the harder route to the final and lets be honest would we ever have it any other way

To be the best you have to beat the best and if were going to win this tournament then we will have to beat the best teams in the world along the way

COME ON ENGLAND

quality post hopefully EVERY englishmen will be a proud supporter 2morrow afternoon!!

I am a Tottenham Hotspur supporter first and foremost,and nothing else matters.

But I have just put my England flags up on the front of my house,and christ my heart is pumping,already.

COME ON ,ENGLAND.

We may not win it,but lets have some fun trying.

The Germans today,then bring on the Argies.

Gave up watching after 2nd German goal. Forgone conclusion.

Perhaps we can now have something else on the TV rather than England, England, England.

Scored only one goal, deflected off the keeper, against a small team, Slovenia, and you'd think they'ed won the cup. Rubbish.

Support Wales, at least we don't get to big for our boots!

The old European guard are finished - France, Italy, England. Time for someone new.

Wrong time of the year for the World Cup at the end of the season. Players tired, etc.

I expect everyone who comes on here will be saying if only that dissalowed goal had been given it wouldnt of made a bit of difference england where totally outclassed in every department england had only 2 players who can hold there heads up james and lampard the rest where a pile of. rooney was abyssmal like hes been in every game the defence where awful capello should of brought crouch on instead of heskey .All the papers and news will go on about the disalowed goal not about how crap england where ,they should now do something about these decisions now just stop the game look at the screen and that would decide to give a goal or not .Well done germany

Having watched the match with a room full of Germans, I was embarrased. Shocking first two goals. Welll done to Upson for having a go and getting a goal. Lampards goal well enough said. If professional referee's cant give goals when they are two foot over the line I dont know what is a better advert for goal line technology. My Gran could see it was a goal and she didnt even have her glasses on at the time. I personally though Blatter should have been dragged from the stand and forced to show the referee a reply then lynched. Second half thought we would come out fighting for the ball. Defoe for Heskey. Summed up the match for me No ambition. When was last time Heskey scored a goal. Germany took their chances we didnt. Enough said.

England couldn't keep the ball long enough to put Germany under any sustained pressure.There also appears to be a worrying lack of pace in the side.

We rode our luck in the first half and could have been well out of it by half time.A little encouragement with the goal scored by Upson and thought that we would come out all guns blazing in the second half.But no,it just carried on from the first half performance.

The third goal,about six England players in the German penalty area for the free-kick but no-one with any pace left at the back for the counter attack.

"Golden generation" you have to be joking!

England couldn't keep the ball long enough to put Germany under any sustained pressure.There also appears to be a worrying lack of pace in the side.

We rode our luck in the first half and could have been well out of it by half time.A little encouragement with the goal scored by Upson and thought that we would come out all guns blazing in the second half.But no,it just carried on from the first half performance.

The third goal,about six England players in the German penalty area for the free-kick but no-one with any pace left at the back for the counter attack.

I can't believe that defenders were that brainless. Last man attacking the ball, rather than dropping off the man, time after time and putting themselves out of the game if/when they didn't get it. That's exactly what happened for the route 1 goal. No Lawrenson, it doesn't happen very often on a Sunday morning. We're not that bad.

Honestly, at Crowntown I'd give defenders stick for doing that. No thought to percentages. I suppose they're so good that they've forgotten the basic defenders' coaching principles they had drilled into them when they were about 12.

As all youth football coaches are now taught.

Its not about winning it's taking part that counts.win or lose have a good time and enjoy it. most of all be a good sportsman at all times!

How many saw the Germans protest that Lampard had scored and it was'nt given?

I can't believe that defenders were that brainless. Last man attacking the ball, rather than dropping off the man, time after time and putting themselves out of the game if/when they didn't get it. That's exactly what happened for the route 1 goal. No Lawrenson, it doesn't happen very often on a Sunday morning. We're not that bad.

Honestly, at Crowntown I'd give defenders stick for doing that. No thought to percentages. I suppose they're so good that they've forgotten the basic defenders' coaching principles they had drilled into them when they were about 12.

I was a bit insulted at that comment from Lawrenson as well Bill... me and you have never let in a goal by letting in bounce straight from a goal kick!

In a nut Shell same old story, the England players can perform for their teams, but not for England, the Question is why not for England,?

Maybe the Answers, 1. they are over paid by their clubs therefore England come second,

2 they are over rated by the media, before the World cup games get started,

3 some of them are just not good enough to be in the team,

4 their work rate is poor,

Roony was very poor throughout, Joe Cole poor much over rated,

Gerrard, not playing in his best position,

we could go on & on & on,

but facts are facts, once again they did not come up to expectations,

they again let their Country down, they were just not good enough to be on the field of play,

the anoying thing about it is that this has happened since 1966, the will to do your best for your Country, when called upon is not there.

& were the suporters are frustrated by it all.

Hammers :c::angry2: :c:

7/1 to win the World Cup we were!

if we were called Slovenia, then we would have been out to 20/1 or something! We've been living on 66 for 44 years! the Premier League is one of the best in the world, mainly due to the foreign players that are playing in it!!

technically we're shite

I expect everyone who comes on here will be saying if only that dissalowed goal had been given it wouldnt of made a bit of difference england where totally outclassed in every department england had only 2 players who can hold there heads up james and lampard the rest where a pile of. rooney was abyssmal like hes been in every game the defence where awful capello should of brought crouch on instead of heskey .All the papers and news will go on about the disalowed goal not about how crap england where ,they should now do something about these decisions now just stop the game look at the screen and that would decide to give a goal or not .Well done germany

lampard? when he got the ball he was ok...that was when he got it though he doesnt move no were near enough.i saw no passion this world cup yes scholes was a silly choice to try and get to go but surly he would hve given the england team bite? just toothless everygame

Two planes have landed in England today!! One carrying a group of overpaid prima-donna's' the other carrying seven coffins draped in The UnionFlag! Hero is a much over used word these days, but I know where my priorities lie. RIP Boys It's a pity the wrong plane is getting most of the press coverage.

Two planes have landed in England today!! One carrying a group of overpaid prima-donna's' the other carrying seven coffins draped in The UnionFlag! Hero is a much over used word these days, but I know where my priorities lie. RIP Boys It's a pity the wrong plane is getting most of the press coverage.

That was a very good letter by baz about the 2 planes landing 1 carrying 7 coffins and the other overpaid spoilt brats getting off the plane laughing after they have let the nation down .I would like to say get our lads out of afghanistan god knows why they are there anyway ,get them home then blow bloody afghanistan off the face of the earth.It shows the england players in barbados and other exotic locations they should be ashamed of themselves ,these players should be booed at the grounds they play at they are a disgrace £150,000 a week its a joke us fans should boycott watching premiership teams and support our local teams .There should bea a limit on foreign players at each club say 5 then the youngsters will get a chance ,they should bring back the home internationals ,get capello out put stuart pearce in charge what a englishman is all about pride and guts pearce was 1 hell of a player and would make a hell of a manager and also hes got a good name .Right thats my griping out of the way my prediction still looking good argentina vs spain final argentina to win .One last thing july the 10th truro city vs the mighty plymouth argyle chance to see peter reid and the greens in action 3pm ko .Right back out in the rain .