Cornwall Football Forum

BUDGETS

You said i could call you Mr Thicko so i did ! Also seems like everyone else agrees with me that your brother in law is a .OCK ! Why is he good at his job ? Is it because he has the power to tax people even more then they get taxed allready or tax them even more then they can afford ? what a legend ??? You have taken a previous post in which someone was told by someone that Saltash had a budget of 30 grand and somehow in this light hearted forum your talking about tax evasion and you have got the inland revenue involved,well done !

P.S Brown envelopes are old news and my untaxed money is paid by standing order every Friday by my club :thumbsup:

Randy

My old mucker your'e right, this is a light hearted forum. So I hope you take this the right way - My Brother In Law isnt really a tax man !

He's nowhere near clever enough. He works for Wrigleys packing chewing gum !He just happened to be here one night when I was on the forum !

Good luck to you my friend. If you and your chums can find someone who is willing to line your pockets every week for their sporting gratification then you are indeed a smart fellow !

just remember though what prompted me to write this ( admittedly juvenile ) message

He said to me - What if the taxman was reading this !

What if indeed !

Guest Rydon Ranger

Of course they read it, we might think that they are stupid but they are not. When we had an inspection last summer they knew everything about the club, position in the league over the previous two seasons, different players that had signed from previous season etc. etc. etc

If you do the job correctly you will not have a problem, but they are gradually going through and checking all SWPL teams so watch out.

Money Man has a bloomin nerve, St Austell were technically bust, owed a shedload to various parties and effectively declared that the club had folded. They quietly reformed by adding the prefix AFC and got their pals at CCFA to sanction it all. They are currently looking to spend taxpayers money on god knows what, although after the budget, the plug may yet be pulled.

Falmouths Bickland ground needs not much more than a tidy up and a lick of paint, it is still the most traditional looking football ground in the county. The clubhouse is dated and the bloke behind the bar a miserable sod, so some cash should be spent where the main income is generated.

If some fella with more sense than money wants to back Saltash, why not ? I would for my club if I could afford it, I'm sure a lot of real supporters would do the same. Some players are loyal to hometown clubs, others to managers and then there are those who follow the cash around, some clubs will never learn that they cannot buy loyalty.

Most HMRC staff in Cornwall take home just over £1,000 a month at grade AO, most are overworked and plugged into a contact centre phone and computer for 7.5 hours a day. They are just as pee'd off with the management who sit on fat pensions whilst the real workers are used as budget fodder. HMRC are bound by rules, if Pompey, Leeds and others declare Administration, HMRC/Taxpayer become just another creditor, it is The FA who allow them to continue to trade in the League despite rules stating they should start again much lower down the pyramid.

By the way, does anyone hear complaints from the Cricketing or Rugby fraternity in the county, money sloshing around the dressing rooms but not the furore that local football attracts.

Good to see The Judge...sorry Nemesis....back to St.Austell bashing. Tragically he has of course got his facts completely wrong about what actually happened at St.Austell but then facts rarely get in the way of his postings.

Money Man has a bloomin nerve, St Austell were technically bust, owed a shedload to various parties and effectively declared that the club had folded. They quietly reformed by adding the prefix AFC and got their pals at CCFA to sanction it all. They are currently looking to spend taxpayers money on god knows what, although after the budget, the plug may yet be pulled.

Falmouths Bickland ground needs not much more than a tidy up and a lick of paint, it is still the most traditional looking football ground in the county. The clubhouse is dated and the bloke behind the bar a miserable sod, so some cash should be spent where the main income is generated.

If some fella with more sense than money wants to back Saltash, why not ? I would for my club if I could afford it, I'm sure a lot of real supporters would do the same. Some players are loyal to hometown clubs, others to managers and then there are those who follow the cash around, some clubs will never learn that they cannot buy loyalty.

Most HMRC staff in Cornwall take home just over £1,000 a month at grade AO, most are overworked and plugged into a contact centre phone and computer for 7.5 hours a day. They are just as pee'd off with the management who sit on fat pensions whilst the real workers are used as budget fodder. HMRC are bound by rules, if Pompey, Leeds and others declare Administration, HMRC/Taxpayer become just another creditor, it is The FA who allow them to continue to trade in the League despite rules stating they should start again much lower down the pyramid.

By the way, does anyone hear complaints from the Cricketing or Rugby fraternity in the county, money sloshing around the dressing rooms but not the furore that local football attracts.

OMG Nemesis - As for Afc st Austell.... you can not be further from the truth. AFC St Austell have a project part funded by the council and the final stage of that is to be completed this month with our stand( probably the best in Cornwall)being completley done up. So the council will not pull any budget because they have allready completed our required works.

Clubhouse to be re opened this season which looks fantastic and overall interest in the club growing daily with new sponsors and lots more fans supporing. Afc St Austell would like to thank all our generous sponsors and look forward to them joining us in the Lillywhites lounge after games.

AFC St Austell have a project and its very exciting times to be part of this club.

A big thank you to Macron Cornwall for all the help in providing all new Kit, Tracksuits, Training wear etc for the coming season. We will look every bit the part and potentially have a very succesfull season.

BIG NEWS TO FOLLOW ALSO ON THE 1ST TEAM FRONT TO FOLLOW IF ALL GOES TO PLAN THIS WEEK........ :D :D :D

Nemesis best of luck to Newquay next season you should walk the league.

Your squad is by far the strongest plus it really looks a weak league this year.

Small club foxhole could be your biggest challenger.

Regards

Money Man

Money man for someone who was pointing out that Falmouth was spending silly money at this level, you now go on about projects and new players coming in. So are we to take this level serious or not !!! I'm sure Nemisis is overwhelmed with your knowledge of who other teams have signed over the pre-season and that u have pointed out that the 1st devision will be weaker this season, mabe you should of pointed out the games will be closer as a certain linesman won't be involved this season.

Money man for someone who was pointing out that Falmouth was spending silly money at this level, you now go on about projects and new players coming in. So are we to take this level serious or not !!! I'm sure Nemisis is overwhelmed with your knowledge of who other teams have signed over the pre-season and that u have pointed out that the 1st devision will be weaker this season, mabe you should of pointed out the games will be closer as a certain linesman won't be involved this season.

The Python ...... why start on about the linesman again........as you would of read in prevous posts ..... The linesman was the same linesman when st austell were bottom of the league for consecutive seasons.... Now st Austell are doing well you have a pop.

To finish The Python dont be such a jealous supporter. And enjoy your league next year.

OMG Nemesis - As for Afc st Austell.... you can not be further from the truth. AFC St Austell have a project part funded by the council and the final stage of that is to be completed this month with our stand( probably the best in Cornwall)being completley done up. So the council will not pull any budget because they have allready completed our required works.

Clubhouse to be re opened this season which looks fantastic and overall interest in the club growing daily with new sponsors and lots more fans supporing. Afc St Austell would like to thank all our generous sponsors and look forward to them joining us in the Lillywhites lounge after games.

AFC St Austell have a project and its very exciting times to be part of this club.

A big thank you to Macron Cornwall for all the help in providing all new Kit, Tracksuits, Training wear etc for the coming season. We will look every bit the part and potentially have a very succesfull season.

BIG NEWS TO FOLLOW ALSO ON THE 1ST TEAM FRONT TO FOLLOW IF ALL GOES TO PLAN THIS WEEK........ :D :D :D

Your squad is by far the strongest plus it really looks a weak league this year.

Regards

Money Man

Put your big spoon away Money Man! haha quality.

I'll just add my best wishes to you guys in town for the coming season, lots of people have worked very hard to get the club back to where it should be, lets hope you can continue the improvements on and off the pitch and make St.Austell the team it should be. I'm quite gutted that i won,t get to play under lights at poltair :( (unless we get you in a cup) but i'm quite happy to enjoy playing in our league, with my small club! yeeeeeeeaaaaaaasss

Regards

Money Man

Put your big spoon away Money Man! haha quality.

I'll just add my best wishes to you guys in town for the coming season, lots of people have worked very hard to get the club back to where it should be, lets hope you can continue the improvements on and off the pitch and make St.Austell the team it should be. I'm quite gutted that i won,t get to play under lights at poltair :( (unless we get you in a cup) but i'm quite happy to enjoy playing in our league, with my small club! yeeeeeeeaaaaaaasss

Crouchy..... You are a star you will be sorely missed this season at Poltair....

Best of luck this season and indeed may see you in the Cup.

Money Man

Any idea when St Austell will be getting their new floodlights?

Good to see clubs are looking to upgrade their facilities.

St Blazeys ground is looking so much better already after alot of work this summer already.

The whole clubhouse has been painted.(Looking really good), the horrible light green has gone!! The dark green and black around the ground has all been repainted and the bars you lean on are being painted in the clubs colours which looks much smarter. All the grass has been cut right down and paths cleared. The pitch has had the goalmouths replaced along with many hours spent on it and its looking really good. At last some rain to help the groundsman.

Changing rooms have been cleaned up to and theres more to be done before the season starts.

Roll on pre season. :)