Cornwall Football Forum

BUDGETS

HOW MANY CLUBS HAVE HAD THERE BUDGETS CUT THIS YEAR? IF ST BLAZEY HAVE TO COMPETE WITH THE TOP SIDES IN THE LEAGUE IN THE COMING SEASON IT WILL BE DOWN TO THE SHEAR PROWESS OF THE MANAGEMENT TEAM OF HOOPS AND LAFFS. BUDGET LOWEST SINCE YHE DAYS OF GARETH LOBB, AND THATS GOING BACK A FEW YEARS.SO I LIKE TO SAY THANKS THE LADS FOR STICKING WITH IT AND TRYING TO MAKE BLAZEY THE TEAM IT USE TO BE, AND THE TEAM IT SHOULD BE. ALSO THANKS TO THE PLAYERS WHO ARE STAYING WITH CLUB, AS THEY ARE THERE FOR THE RIGHT REASONS, TO PLAY FOR A GREAT CLUB AND A GREAT MANAGEMENT DUO,AND NOT FOR THE MONEY.

WELL DONE,YOU ALL DESERVE A GOOD SEASON.

HOW MANY CLUBS HAVE HAD THERE BUDGETS CUT THIS YEAR? IF ST BLAZEY HAVE TO COMPETE WITH THE TOP SIDES IN THE LEAGUE IN THE COMING SEASON IT WILL BE DOWN TO THE SHEAR PROWESS OF THE MANAGEMENT TEAM OF HOOPS AND LAFFS. BUDGET LOWEST SINCE YHE DAYS OF GARETH LOBB, AND THATS GOING BACK A FEW YEARS.SO I LIKE TO SAY THANKS THE LADS FOR STICKING WITH IT AND TRYING TO MAKE BLAZEY THE TEAM IT USE TO BE, AND THE TEAM IT SHOULD BE. ALSO THANKS TO THE PLAYERS WHO ARE STAYING WITH CLUB, AS THEY ARE THERE FOR THE RIGHT REASONS, TO PLAY FOR A GREAT CLUB AND A GREAT MANAGEMENT DUO,AND NOT FOR THE MONEY.

I have heard some of the figures Blazey players are on, and it's just disgraceful considering the talent on show. All credit to them for not going after the bigger bucks - clear to see that having the biggest name and best facilities in Cornwall is still an effective draw for players.

But that's what baffles me - how is St Blazey, agruably Cornwall's Premier Football Club, so strapped for cash on the playing side of things? There must be somebody out there with a bit of dosh who is eager to see St Blazey's standing in Cornish football maintained or improved.

Guest newbie

I have heard some of the figures Blazey players are on, and it's just disgraceful considering the talent on show. All credit to them for not going after the bigger bucks - clear to see that having the biggest name and best facilities in Cornwall is still an effective draw for players.

But that's what baffles me - how is St Blazey, agruably Cornwall's Premier Football Club, so strapped for cash on the playing side of things? There must be somebody out there with a bit of dosh who is eager to see St Blazey's standing in Cornish football maintained or improved.

Money aint everything! if the mighty blazey(as u call them) had half the prestige you claim they have im sure players would forgoe cash just to grace your pitch!!

Budgets on the whole are all being cut at this level and all levels of football. There are some individuals in the league that don't all play for money and jump from club to club in order to pick up a few more expenses. The top clubs this season have shown that you need other things such as team spirit and commitment for the club you represent to be a success so good luck to St Blazey. There are several players in the league who do want to play for 'top' clubs and learn from 'top' managers so there is hope for these clubs.

i know of some players who have been offered £50 a game to play for St Blazey this coming season, does this mean the budget last season was massive and has been cut this but still is a big one for the league.

All the best to all teams for the new season.

V J what postion do you hold at St Blazey then knowing what players are staying and going from St Blazey ?

ST BLAZEY A TOP CLUB AND GLAD THAY ARE DOING THINGS IN THE CORRECT WAY, YOU PLAY FOR A CLUB NOT MONEY, BUT THATS THE WAY THE LADS ARE ARE BEING TOLD, WHEN I WAS YOUNGER I WATCHED QUALITY PLAYERS IN THAT LEAGUE, SWIGGS,FICE,SOUTHY, ETC. THE QUALITY THATS COMING THREW WITH THE MONEY THAY ARE BEING OFFERD IS STUPID,WHAT DO PEOPLE THINK? LAFFS JOKES ARE GOOD ISH.Lol

MILLBROOK A GREAT CLUB WITH GOOD HISTORY, AND YOU THEN MUST AGREE WITH ME, I HAVE GOOD FRIENDS THAT ARE BEING OFFERD STUPID MONEY, WHAT I SEE NOW IS PLAYERS BEING OFFERD STUPID MONEY TO STOP OTHER TEAMS GETTING THEM, INSTEAD OF SELLING THE CLUB TO THEM, HOPE MILLBROOK GONE BACKWARDS TO GO FORWARDS.

DAN,

Still dreaming I see "Cornwalls Premier Club" ?

More like one of Cornwalls Premier Clubs,

I could Say that Falmouth is Cornwalls Premier Club, Because We are still the only Cornish Club to reach the first round proper of the FA Cup,

But no I will say that Falmouth is one of Cornwall's Premier Clubs,

Hammers, :c::clapper: :c:

DAN,

Still dreaming I see "Cornwalls Premier Club" ?

More like one of Cornwalls Premier Clubs,

I could Say that Falmouth is Cornwalls Premier Club, Because We are still the only Cornish Club to reach the first round proper of the FA Cup,

But no I will say that Falmouth is one of Cornwall's Premier Clubs,

Hammers, :c::clapper::c:

Dear Hammers,

I have no time for you so please don't bother directing messages at me.

Best wishes,

DanBlazey

Oh!! so the Truth realy hurts does it Dan,

I have no personal grudges against you, I have told you many times that I have great respect for you & St Blazey,

So let us get one thing straight if thats the way you feel then that is your Problem not mine,

But I will still reply to any Comments that you make on this forum as I expect you to reply to any of mine, But remember it is you who has decided that you no longer wish to comunicate with me,

But I have never & will never hold grudges against any person with whom I met or speak two, Life is two short to be like that, for those who do I feel sorry for them,But as I said at the end of last season I look forward to this season when two of Cornwalls top clubs St Blazey & Falmouth Town meet again.

Hammers, :c::yahoo: :c:

The only thing Falmouth are Premier at is There Budget.

FALMOUTH ARE APPROACHING AND BRINGING PLAYERS ON RIDICLOUS WAGES......... "TO ALL AT FALMOUTH AND THAT INCLUDES SOME RESPECTED BUSINESS MEN THIS IS STEP 5 FOOTBALL NOT EVEN SEMI PRO IN MOST PEOPLES MINDS YOUR BUDGET REPORTED AT BEING £1000 PER WEEK IS QUITE SIMPLY UNBELIEVEABLE JEFF.

Clubs like St Austell and St Blazey work extremly hard to get a budget and are then priced out of bringing in the best players because they have been offered silly money at Falmouth.

Most of your players that have joined you this year would play for any other team in the league for a lot less if you didnt offer such stupid unmanagaeble budgets. You are single handedly ruining Cornish football with your MAD attempt to bring glory back to Falmouth.

What is glory when you have no fans, a run down ground that is mortgaged up to the hilt and no intention of progressing even if you buy the league.

LOOK AT THIS FOR GREAT BUSINESS SENCE MR CAREY/ MR KIMBERLEY - Budget £ say 850.00 per game ave games 42 = £35700.00 anticipated winnings £6000.00 for the lot that leaves you £29700 loss.

DONT TELL ME THAT YOU CAN MAKE UP THAT SHORTFALL WITH THE TAKINGS IN THE BAR AND THROUGH GATE RECEIPTS. AND BELIEVE ME SPONSORSHIP AT FALMOUTH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT FOR.

Take a leaf out of other teams books work within your budgets and stop pricing good cornwall players out of moves to other teams.

PRDICTION - FAMOUTH TOWN ECPL TEAM IN 2 YEARS TIME (FACT)

Money Man

The only thing Falmouth are Premier at is There Budget.

FALMOUTH ARE APPROACHING AND BRINGING PLAYERS ON RIDICLOUS WAGES......... "TO ALL AT FALMOUTH AND THAT INCLUDES SOME RESPECTED BUSINESS MEN THIS IS STEP 5 FOOTBALL NOT EVEN SEMI PRO IN MOST PEOPLES MINDS YOUR BUDGET REPORTED AT BEING £1000 PER WEEK IS QUITE SIMPLY UNBELIEVEABLE JEFF.

Clubs like St Austell and St Blazey work extremly hard to get a budget and are then priced out of bringing in the best players because they have been offered silly money at Falmouth.

Most of your players that have joined you this year would play for any other team in the league for a lot less if you didnt offer such stupid unmanagaeble budgets. You are single handedly ruining Cornish football with your MAD attempt to bring glory back to Falmouth.

What is glory when you have no fans, a run down ground that is mortgaged up to the hilt and no intention of progressing even if you buy the league.

LOOK AT THIS FOR GREAT BUSINESS SENCE MR CAREY/ MR KIMBERLEY - Budget £ say 850.00 per game ave games 42 = £35700.00 anticipated winnings £6000.00 for the lot that leaves you £29700 loss.

DONT TELL ME THAT YOU CAN MAKE UP THAT SHORTFALL WITH THE TAKINGS IN THE BAR AND THROUGH GATE RECEIPTS. AND BELIEVE ME SPONSORSHIP AT FALMOUTH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT FOR.

Take a leaf out of other teams books work within your budgets and stop pricing good cornwall players out of moves to other teams.

PRDICTION - FAMOUTH TOWN ECPL TEAM IN 2 YEARS TIME (FACT)

Money Man

So Money man you have all the facts & do you, I have met you type before Full of C**P,

For a start Falmouth town are not Morgaged upt to the hilt on their ground paid for long ago(Maybe before you were even thought of) by the sale of Ashfield, Like many other clubs in Cornwall Falmouth have had good times & Bad, & have had Debts to pay off But as St Blazey are doing at the moment they cut the cost of running the Club & I might add they cleared their Debts, But unlike you we at Falmouth do not run down Clubs who are doing well any more than we do clubs that are finding things hard at this present time, if they follow the same route as Falmouth have done & St Blazey are doing at the moment, then better times will return, it is not that long ago that St Blazey were one of the better off Clubs in the County with A manager who had Money, & help from the Eden Project, that is now over, but the club still goes on & Like Falmouth better & more profitable times will return to St Blazey, because they are going about it in the right manner.

Unfortunatly it is People like you who show shear hate towards clubs like Falmouth Town, that need to take a long hard look at themselves before you go around making unfounded & proven statements, about Clubs that you do not know the full facts about,

Hammers :c: :angry2:

I like Money mans prediction of Falmouth Town in ECLP in Two years! Hav'nt read anything so funny since Grannies cat died.

Both Alan carey and Steve Kimberly are good buisness men, I dont really think that they would run a club at the loss money-man suggest's. Falmouth have had a few "Not so good years" this happens to all clubs at one time or another. If Falmouth are to start a climb up that hill to better times, who better than these two to take them their? In the present climate all clubs are going to suffer from lack of sponsorship so money will be tight.

As for Falmouth not progressing up the pyramid system, did,nt Blazey win the swl regularly and stay put?

If you pair on here put as much effort into supporting your own clubs, as you do running down each others, success may come to both your teams that little bit quicker.

Good Luck to both Falmouth Town and St Blazey for 2010/11

I like Money mans prediction of Falmouth Town in ECLP in Two years! Hav'nt read anything so funny since Grannies cat died.

Both Alan carey and Steve Kimberly are good buisness men, I dont really think that they would run a club at the loss money-man suggest's. Falmouth have had a few "Not so good years" this happens to all clubs at one time or another. If Falmouth are to start a climb up that hill to better times, who better than these two to take them their? In the present climate all clubs are going to suffer from lack of sponsorship so money will be tight.

As for Falmouth not progressing up the pyramid system, did,nt Blazey win the swl regularly and stay put?

If you pair on here put as much effort into supporting your own clubs, as you do running down each others, success may come to both your teams that little bit quicker.

Good Luck to both Falmouth Town and St Blazey for 2010/11

Well said Top Cat, we are here not to run down other clubs but to suport our clubs & have friendly banter with other Forum members, that is why I was surprized that Dan did not wish to have further communication with me, I do not think he believes me, when I say that I have great respect for him & his club, to me I have always looked upon him as a real football suporter who like me is proud of his club,

but at the end of the day it is his choice,

unlike Money man who to me is not living in the real world, I do not know which Club he suports, but I wager that if I did know & started to run down his Club he would soon bite,

But we all have our faults & as I said to Dan I never bear any Gruges, I hope that in the comming season all Clubs will have the success that they are looking for.

Hammers :c::clapper: :c:

Whenever this subject crops up all the discussion always revolves around the manager, the players and the officers of the club. Never a word about the spectators and what the club will be doing to improve facilities and attendances. This attitude has gone on for several years and you will all soon be playing in front of the proverbial 'one man and his dog' and the dog has just about had enough!!

Whenever this subject crops up all the discussion always revolves around the manager, the players and the officers of the club. Never a word about the spectators and what the club will be doing to improve facilities and attendances. This attitude has gone on for several years and you will all soon be playing in front of the proverbial 'one man and his dog' and the dog has just about had enough!!

Golden eye.......spot on!!

Supporters dont want to hear how much players are getting and what back handers their getting etc. They want clubs to promote the football and see the crowds coming to watch. Doing that will help with playing budgets and help keep the grounds looking modern and tidy.

What are clubs doing out there to promote their club to the fickle fans??? :blink:

Supporters dont want to hear how much players are getting and what back handers their getting etc. They want clubs to promote the football and see the crowds coming to watch. Doing that will help with playing budgets and help keep the grounds looking modern and tidy.

What are clubs doing out there to promote their club to the fickle fans??? :blink:

Thank you Paul you have hit the nail on the head, the individual clubs & suporters are the most important thing,

Hammers :c::clapper: :c:

Thank you Paul you have hit the nail on the head, the individual clubs & suporters are the most important thing,

Hammers :c::clapper::c:

I was a little surprised to hear this week that Saltash United players were on £400 a month. I didn't believe it because I think that is daft but the guy who told me this was adamant. Perhaps Saltash can advise.

There is money hear at Saltash yes, that is because we have very generous sponsors. however it is dwarfed by other clubs within our division such as Falmouth. Though they could argue they have to have the money to attract the players to Falmouth, (not the shortest of journeys!)

Do ALL the clubs in the premier pay out to there clubs? Also how many of the div west clubs pay out compared to that of the East league? :drink:

£400 a month? Are you serious? That means someone out there is willing to give out £6400, based on a 16 man squad, of their hard earned money to watch blokes play what is a very mediocre level of football. Fair play to the players, god I wish I was better!! Or had that kind of cash burning a hole in my pocket each month.

Bet the likes of Shappy, Rappo, Puffer Philips, Tommy Matthews and George Torrance are gutted they arent playing these days if that money is thrown around. Recession, what recession?

I was told by a comitee member that last season saltash had a 30k budget. Training costs had to be taken out of that as well as playing budget. Also the ast manager paid 5k for all the adidas kit and tracksuits. Training for the winter cant cost anymore than 1500 quid so that leaves a massive budget for the playing side.

this is what i was told by a club insider. If its true or not i dunno but i have no reason not to believe him

that Saltash United players were on £400 a month

I don't think you should surely assume that they're all (if any) on that sort of figure! <_<

You are right. It should have read SOME. The thing is this came from another manager who was looking to sign a player and was quite shocked at the players statement.

My brother in law works for the Inland Revenue

He was very interested in this particular post when I was reading it

I suggested to him that as these players were all under contract, this money is surely all declared and taxed accordingly

His reply was " Well we'll soon find out "

!!!!!

" Jobsworth "

Can confirm , saltash players are paid at the end of each month based on 5 games per month ( so even if they only play 4 games they get paid for 5 , or the same if they happen to play 7 games )

i.e if a player was on £50 a game , he would get £250 a month less tax .

30k budget last season to finish 8th and the manager still kept his job !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :SM_carton:

I have no idea who the Saltash Manager works for. I don't even know his name !

What I find hard to believe is that whoever his employers are they will sanction the expenditure of £30K a season on what is with all due respect " local football "

Surely whoever he works for has better things to do with £30K

What is their return on their expenditure ? The goodwill of the Saltash team & supporters ? Sales volumes rising sharply across SE Cornwall ?

I appreciate that this isnt new and that it's gone on for years but call me Mr Thicko by all means but the last thing that I would do with my money ( hard earned or otherwise ) is throw it a group of young lads from Plymouth who say " Thanks a lot - We're back over the bridge to spend it. See you next season unless someone else offers more "

Is it me ?

Yes it is you Mr Thicko ! Dont really understand why you are posting on this football forum if you are not very interested in local football i.e you dont even know the Saltash managers name and you dont understand why someone would spend money on local football.Really what does it matter where the money comes from as long as its all above board ?Obviously no one puts money into any football team to get a return on their money and do it as a hobby or they just love football!Finally what a Sad man your brother in law is if he is going to investigate anything through what he has read on this forum when its clear people tell little white lies when it comes to clubs finances.JUST DO 1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

after a majority of clubs in cornwall were fined by the tax man a few years ago, everything with regard to paying the inland revenue is sorted and deducted out of the players wages.

So he can investigate if he pleases but think the clubs have learnt their lesson after hefty fines last time round for some clubs!!!!

after a majority of clubs in cornwall were fined by the tax man a few years ago, everything with regard to paying the inland revenue is sorted and deducted out of the players wages.

So he can investigate if he pleases but think the clubs have learnt their lesson after hefty fines last time round for some clubs!!!!

Could'nt agree more. What is it with Policemen and HMRC workers that they can never be off duty !!

Bullied at school and now trying to get their own back ? :angry2:

:clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

Hopefully jobsworth's like these will feel the axe when Mr Cameron's cuts come through. Better if he spenT his time on some of the multi million pound tax fraudsters, but I guess that would be too much like hard work for one of the work shy/government employee.

Hopefully jobsworth's like these will feel the axe when Mr Cameron's cuts come through. Better if he spenT his time on some of the multi million pound tax fraudsters, but I guess that would be too much like hard work for one of the work shy/government employee.

Ha ha ha, the bloody cheek of the PAYE Civil Servant's !

The facts are that the FSA will be first, closely followed by a mass clear out at HMRC (minimum of 42 days to respond to a letter requesting a tax code :wacko: ). Hopefully Brian, your Brother in Law will be one of the one's cast aside to make way for some less spineless servants of our once great country !!!

Well,touched a nerve there,especially with Randy Watson - ( Didn't you used to own Aston Villa ? )

Perhaps not - sounds more like you are the recipient of an ( untaxed ) brown envelope at twenty to five on Saturdays

Can't agree with you on the point that I'm thick because I don't know the name of the Saltash Manager - He's not exactly a household name !

I have loved and been involved in local football for over forty years. I wouldn't be here else would I ? ( Which one of us is the thicko here ? )

You are right however on the subject of my brother in law, a sadder un sporting like individual you couldn't wish to meet !

He is however very good at his job and he doesn't see tax evasion as " Little White Lies " . If you think £30k of untaxed income is " A Little White Lie " then you are a very rich man Randy.

if all the money is declared then obviously no one need worry

finally though I'm obviously still Mr Thicky because I cannot understand how anyone can just write off £30K like that( and believe me Randy I'm just as keen a football fan as you )

Just a little poorer obviously