Cornwall Football Forum

World Cup

Well tonight said it all England cannot even beat a third rate World cup team,

They may as well come home now, Slovienia will beat England on tonights showing,

They were useless, did not have a clue,

Why do every one hipe up England, even after tonights performance, Adrian was saying well if England beat Slovienia they will qualify, dream on Adrian,

These players are paid thousands of Pounds a week playing for their respective Clubs but when it comes to playing for their Country, they have not got a clue,

I say bring them home now to save us further humiliation,

Hammers :angry2::c::huh::angry2: :c:

Well tonight said it all England cannot even beat a third rate World cup team,

They may as well come home now, Slovienia will beat England on tonights showing,

They were useless, did not have a clue,

Why do every one hipe up England, even after tonights performance, Adrian was saying well if England beat Slovienia they will qualify, dream on Adrian,

These players are paid thousands of Pounds a week playing for their respective Clubs but when it comes to playing for their Country, they have not got a clue,

I say bring them home now to save us further humiliation,

Hammers :angry2::c::huh::angry2::c:

Drop Rooney,Heskey,Lampard and Lennon. Walcott where are you?????????? Might win then. Backs against the wall think we will stuff Slovienia.

Rooney scores lots of goals for Man Utd from superb crosses by Giggs, Nani, Valencia, Evra or from brilliant defence splitting midfield passes from the likes of Carrick, Scholes, Fletcher, Ji-Sung Park. There were no such crosses or passes last night, so Rooney had to drop deeper and deeper to get the ball. The England wide and midfield players are nowhere near as good as those mentioned above. Pele himself would have struggled to score in that side with no service!

My opinion of the players last night is:

James - Played well, very calm

Ashley Cole - Played Ok, but did no get forward enough.

Johnson - OK going forward, but gets caught for pace when he's turned in defence.

Terry - Too slow,legs have gone.

Carragher - Too slow and poor in the air, never should have been in the squad.

Barry - Good defensive midfielder, but poor at distributing the ball when he's won it.

Lampard - Can't play with Gerrard. Good in the Premier League, but can't do it at International Level.

Gerrard - Useless captain for England. Lacks finesse, tries to do everything 100mph and loses the ball too much.

Lennon - Gets in some good positions but a blind man could cross the ball better!

Heskey - Should be nowhere near the squad. A footballer needs many skills and he has none of them.

Rooney - Excellent player when he gets the right service. At Man Utd Ferguson knows what's needed!

Wright-Phillips - Headless chicken! Cannot pick out a good cross.

Crouch - Excellent England goal record. Good in the air and on the ground. Good awareness of what's around him.

Defoe - Excellent pace and finisher. If a target man is needed play Crouch, if not play Defoe.

In my opinion too many of the players are on the 'way down' in their careers. I do think that they would do better if they had an inspirational captain, someone like Bryan Robson, Tony Adams or Stuart Pearce.

read this on another site, how true.

"Arguably the English Premier league is the best in the world, however, that's entirely down to the fact that the money available, can attract the best foreign players in the world. Take those foreign players away - as is the case with the national team - the quality of the English player is shown for what it is... average to poor. The reality is that the key English 'stars' are being carried by the foreign players when they play for their club teams. A team comprised of English players will never be good enough."

Anyone could see the problems

4-4-2

Closed down too quick, forcing layers to shoot from outside the box.

No pressure on the keeper at set pieces

Forwards going down the channels

Needed to up the tempo especially first half

Didn't play into the corners enough to allow crosses into the box

Not enough running with the ball at defenders inviting free kicks

I could go on and on.

I agree Macca.

About 8 years ago I was in Holland for a week and watched a match between 2 local sides. I would say an equivalent level to our Peninsula League, but the skill level was far, far superior. The difference must be down to the ability of their coaches, (far more technically aware), and the attitude of the players (far more willing to work hard at their game).

Guest Norry

after last nights debacle against ALGERIA!!!!i shall refrain from commenting on this sad episode of english football...the less said the better...rev the plane up bring them home..but drop them off somewhere near the bermuda triangle...cappello :SM_carton:

lets get back to basics...ENGLISH MANAGER. and at least we can live and die by the sword.

ALGERIA 0 V EGO'S 0

:clapper: CONGRATULATIONS ENGLAND WE SCREWED UP AGAIN...ONE LAST CHANCE AGAINST SLOVENIA.

FOR GODS SAKE PUT A BIT OF PRIDE BACK INTO THOSE THREE LIONS...THEY LOOK LIKE KITTENS.

THE THREE PHASES OF ENGLAND AGAINST SLOVENIA..1 :rolleyes: HOPEFULL..2.. :o OH!OH!HERE WE GO

AND 3.. :huh::(:angry: TOURNAMENT OVER PLEASE WAIT ANOTHER 4 YEARS... :SM_carton:

Two points I would like to bring up on this subject

1. Wayne Rooney

He was out of order for having a pop at our fans last night for booing. These fans paid dam good money to watch our players participate in a world cup, possibly around five grand. Too Mr Rooney that works out to 5 minutes work. These fans are entitled to there opinion after paying a vast amount of money to watch that tripe, GOOD ON THEM. At least we are at home and can switch of the tv, or if you are on the HD channel you may get an advert which would be more exciting

2. David Beckham

What the hell is he doing sat on the bench when he has no role within the England team. He should be sat up in the stands watching the game like everyone else. Mind you he does act as if he runs the team.

Good luck England in the final group game, think you are going to need it

Guest Norry

Two points I would like to bring up on this subject

1. Wayne Rooney

He was out of order for having a pop at our fans last night for booing. These fans paid dam good money to watch our players participate in a world cup, possibly around five grand. Too Mr Rooney that works out to 5 minutes work. These fans are entitled to there opinion after paying a vast amount of money to watch that tripe, GOOD ON THEM. At least we are at home and can switch of the tv, or if you are on the HD channel you may get an advert which would be more exciting

2. David Beckham

What the hell is he doing sat on the bench when he has no role within the England team. He should be sat up in the stands watching the game like everyone else. Mind you he does act as if he runs the team.

Good luck England in the final group game, think you are going to need it

1..totally agree..rooney bang out of order...if u can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen..

point two.....beckham would probably make a better manager than capello...

Rooney scores lots of goals for Man Utd from superb crosses by Giggs, Nani, Valencia, Evra or from brilliant defence splitting midfield passes from the likes of Carrick, Scholes, Fletcher, Ji-Sung Park. There were no such crosses or passes last night, so Rooney had to drop deeper and deeper to get the ball. The England wide and midfield players are nowhere near as good as those mentioned above. Pele himself would have struggled to score in that side with no service!

My opinion of the players last night is:

James - Played well, very calm

Ashley Cole - Played Ok, but did no get forward enough.

Johnson - OK going forward, but gets caught for pace when he's turned in defence.

Terry - Too slow,legs have gone.

Carragher - Too slow and poor in the air, never should have been in the squad.

Barry - Good defensive midfielder, but poor at distributing the ball when he's won it.

Lampard - Can't play with Gerrard. Good in the Premier League, but can't do it at International Level.

Gerrard - Useless captain for England. Lacks finesse, tries to do everything 100mph and loses the ball too much.

Lennon - Gets in some good positions but a blind man could cross the ball better!

Heskey - Should be nowhere near the squad. A footballer needs many skills and he has none of them.

Rooney - Excellent player when he gets the right service. At Man Utd Ferguson knows what's needed!

Wright-Phillips - Headless chicken! Cannot pick out a good cross.

Crouch - Excellent England goal record. Good in the air and on the ground. Good awareness of what's around him.

Defoe - Excellent pace and finisher. If a target man is needed play Crouch, if not play Defoe.

In my opinion too many of the players are on the 'way down' in their careers. I do think that they would do better if they had an inspirational captain, someone like Bryan Robson, Tony Adams or Stuart Pearce.

i get the feeling your a man u supporter. rooney is a great player but his touch has been disgraceful, his comiment is lackluster and just seems to be away with the fairies. I must admit the whole squad looks like they are just thinking of next season and dont relise they are at the world cup representing there country.

i get the feeling your a man u supporter. rooney is a great player but his touch has been disgraceful, his comiment is lackluster and just seems to be away with the fairies. I must admit the whole squad looks like they are just thinking of next season and dont relise they are at the world cup representing there country.

No I am certainly not a Man Utd supporter! I just think that the supply to Rooney was dreadful. It is the midfield and wide men's job to feed the strikers! For Man Utd last season Rooney scored a lot of headed goals, which shows the quality of the crosses. Also, against Algeria there was noone with the passing ability of a Scholes or Giggs.

Guest newbie

No I am certainly not a Man Utd supporter! I just think that the supply to Rooney was dreadful. It is the midfield and wide men's job to feed the strikers! For Man Utd last season Rooney scored a lot of headed goals, which shows the quality of the crosses. Also, against Algeria there was noone with the passing ability of a Scholes or Giggs.

This may anger some but am i the only one that thinks since terry was stripped of the captaincy all the guts and thunder have gone out the team!! Now dont get me wrong what terry did was out of order but i honestly think we miss him as captain gerrard is no skipper he only concentrates on his own game! reinstate terry and watch england regain their roar!! Oh and as for beckham at least he cares i would love him to be the next manager! hell lennon and swp are so awful at crossing id love him to bve on the pitch even if he has only got full use of one leg!!

Terry you have got to be joking, once he was caught with his pants down early in the season he has been crap.All over the place Carra was loads better than the bully last night. Can anyone tell me what exactly does Fat Frank do?

i am Spurs fan, infact im a very biased Spurs fan but last night i have never been so fustrated in one player in my entire footballing life! Aaron Lennon has a stupid amount of pace but he just doesn't want to use it,He played like Theo Walcott, and that is certainly not a good thing!

2nd point, Wayne Rooney. What the hell has happened to him, you can say what you want about the service he got but that doesn't answer for his touch, awful work rate, god sake he made Heskey look good!

3rd point, Capello would you please stop putting Gerrard off the left wing the man is one of the best players in the world in his position, play him there!

4th point, i agree with garf!

walcott shouldve gone...you can say wat you like about him but in the important games he stands up to the test for his country. its about how you play for your country not your club. cause if everyone was playin like they did for there club we would have qualified by now to many individuals trying to proove a point.it hasnt been the greatest start but lets just get behind the team

walcott shouldve gone...you can say wat you like about him but in the important games he stands up to the test for his country. its about how you play for your country not your club. cause if everyone was playin like they did for there club we would have qualified by now to many individuals trying to proove a point.it hasnt been the greatest start but lets just get behind the team

what games would that be? croatia and............

its not just about scoring goals..he does the defensive work aswell as the attacking which people dnt realise he seems more then happy to work his socks off so others can get the spotlight but instead we hve lennon and swp that seems to like misscontroling the ball and running in to cul de sac's

its not just about scoring goals..he does the defensive work aswell as the attacking which people dnt realise he seems more then happy to work his socks off so others can get the spotlight but instead we hve lennon and swp that seems to like misscontroling the ball and running in to cul de sac's

Against Mexico and Japan thats what Walcott did, didnt he ?

Against Mexico and Japan thats what Walcott did, didnt he ?

none of them played well against mexico or japan..well only a small number of players did ok.more or less the squad that took england to the world cup should be at the world cup. To many people only see negatives in some players.i just think he should have made the squad

Guest newbie

listen, if you roll walcott-swp-lennon into 1,you get a pacey player who still cant cross......lifetime/lace/a/boots/in/beckhams/never.. :clapper:

and would also have taken johnson over the above 3, and so would 90% of the population, but fabio knows exactly what he's doing :wacko:

Agree completly and after today Even more so i think terry should be re-instated as captain!

Goldeneye, spot on with your posting but I thought Rooney is carrying an injury and definetly shouldn't have reacted the way he did at the end. Hedgerow was right alot of people have paid alot of money and to watch that they are intitled to boo.

Also with Ashley Cole, i don't like the bloke but have to admit he was the best english player in the first half but seemed to have been told at HT not to go forward in the 2nd half as he only ventured forward once.

The England players played like a team in fear as Capello demonstrates with his axing of Green that if you make a mistake your out and this was the way england played no passion, or committement just fear of making a mistake. Now we have the senario of everyone calling for Joe Cole and Gerrard to play behind Rooney, but Capello (Who thinks he is god) will not listen and I can predict the team will be exactly the same except that Upson will be in for carragher. Capello will not want to be proved wrong by putting cole in and england getting the result.

My England team for the Slovenia game:

JAMES

JOHNSON TERRY COLE.A

LENNON BARRY CARRICK COLE.J

GERRARD

CROUCH DEFOE

But Terry could quite easily be replaced by Dawson/Upson

Does pulling the coveted England shirt on mean nothing nowdays where is the pride and the passion associated with the three lions shirt being worn in the 60's and 70's and 80's ? TOO MUCH WAGES...............

Guest newbie

3 at the back including 2 full backs ??? This your first season in management John ? :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

John likes to play with wing backs! shame he hasnt got dave tonkin and sam moustrides to call on they would terrorise the opposition!! lol