Cornwall Football Forum

It is with regret that the committee of St Cleer FC have had to advise the Duchy League that they will be withdrawing their reserve team from the league for the forthcoming season.

With last season's reserve team manager, Jason Powell, stepping up to take on the first team following Dave Skews' departure from the club, the committee has been actively seeking a replacement for the last few months.

Unfortunately that search has has not resulted in anyone showing an interest, so the committee was left with no alternative.

This is a great shame as the reserve team had a fantastic first season last year, achieving runners up spot in Division Five and winning the Reserve Team Cup.

Thats a real shame to hear that Peter.

I was looking forward to the Duchy 4 meetings between our 2 sides, more than any other fixtures.

From everyone at the Saints, id like to wish Jason the very best with the 1st's but condolences to the club for losing their reserve team.

:c:

VERY SAD TO HEAR THAT ST CLEER ARE DROPPING THEIR DUCHY LEAGUE DIVISION 2 SIDE.

I ALWAYS GET A GOOD WELCOME THERE, ALL MATCH OFFICIALS DO. I HOPE YOU CAN ORGANISE A NEW TEAM FOR 2011/12 SEASON.

LOOK FORWARD TO OFFICIATING YOUR FIRST TEAM AND A DROP OF REAL ALE AFTERWARDS.

ALL THE BEST.

VERY SAD TO HEAR THAT ST CLEER ARE DROPPING THEIR DUCHY LEAGUE DIVISION 2 SIDE.

I ALWAYS GET A GOOD WELCOME THERE, ALL MATCH OFFICIALS DO. I HOPE YOU CAN ORGANISE A NEW TEAM FOR 2011/12 SEASON.

LOOK FORWARD TO OFFICIATING YOUR FIRST TEAM AND A DROP OF REAL ALE AFTERWARDS.

ALL THE BEST.

Thanks for the comments guys. We are extremely disappointed at having to do this, but without a maanger we had no choice. Don't know about anybody else but there seems to be a real apathy these days with people wanting to get involved in running football clubs. I'm involved with the Youth FC as well as the mens teams at St Cleer and both clubs are run by a small committee of the same faces who have been doing it for years. Trying to get new people involved almost seems a fruitless task. Is that unique to St Cleer or are others finding it much the same?

Peter, i think with the busy lives we all live these days, its very hard to continue to show enthusiasm to get stuck into football. My mrs is expecting our first child in August, and although i expect to not have much time for football for a month or two (or six!) - i couldnt imagine not being involved in the game.

In the last 12 months ive seen over a dozen people quit football through a number of reasons, such as club bitchyness, our governing bodies, lack of commitment... the list could go on.

I hope it all works out at St Cleer, and that all of those cracking lads in the reserves find new clubs, or are integrated into the first team.