Cornwall Football Forum

Millbrook expectation ????

Probably a bit early to say really for any team, but to challenge Millbrook will probably have to make sure they bring in a few lads to help their young side, can beat anyone on their day but it has to be consistent. In a month or so when players have been signed and squads are being finalised then everyone will probably have a better idea of who the favourites and who the challenges are. If the last few years are anything to go by St Teath will certainly be challengers and I think Liskeard will also have a good side under Martin. Then there will be Blazey and ourselves, Edgcumbe, who will hope to be up there too.

he played for the South west pennisula league champions last season. Then signs for millbrook this , id say thats a good signing !

Don't disagree bud, still would have been better if he had signed 10 years ago. Even better if he had signed last season eh?

Guest diamond

if millbrook play consistently this season and add a couple more players,then i dont see any reason why we cant be lookin for promotion this season!!

Guest diamond

im sure there will b a few people that disagree with u there about this league being worse than p and d and me being 1 of them,also i think there will be a few teams that will be thinking they can win this league,guess we will just have to wait and see!!

I dont think anythng less then winning the league will do this season. This league is worse then the p and d in my opinion!!!

That was an odd comment to make. Why were the P&D clubs falling over themselves trying hard to get into the ECPL. The standard of the ECPL apart from the very bottom clubs is quite good. Get out and enjoy.

HELLO, JUST JOINED THIS FORUM BUT I THOUGHT I'D PUT MY TWO PENCE WORTH IN. MY BROTHER IN-LAW HAS JUST SIGNED FOR MILLBROOK, FROM WHAT HE SAYS LOOKS LIKE THEY HAVE A GOOD BUNCH OF PLAYERS AND PROBABLY A GOOD CHANCE OF GETTING PROMOTION, IF NOT WINNING THE LEAGUE. I PLAYED IN ECPL PREM A COUPLE OF SEASONS AGO AND ALSO PLAYED IN THE P AND D A FEW YEARS AGO, ECPL DEFINATELY A BETTER STANDARD, MAYBE WITH THE EXCEPTION OF MOUNT GOULD AND WESSEX.

Who is ur brother in law.

HE'S CALLED DANE FREARSON. PLAYS AT THE BACK, SIGNED FOR YOU A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO I THINK. LOOKING FORWARD TO PLAYING AGAINST HIM IN A FRIENDLY NEXT MONTH I THINK. DO YOU PLAY FOR THEM OR JUST FOLLOW THE TEAM?

i just watch the team when i can ! who do you play for ?

Was at Vospers last season but have been away working for the last 6 months. get back on monday!! cant wait to get back into it, missed the footy being away! Im sure i'll be watching a few of Millbrooks games in the coming season with my brother there. Roger bonapart is a good edition to your side aswel, good strong player, played upfront with him a couple times for saltash a couple seasons ago.

Just read through some of these posts and Millbrook seem confident of challenging for the league going into the new season.I atched them a few times last season and they certainly have some good young players down there but do need a few older heads which they look to be doing. With Edgecumbe probably favourites for the league and Millbrook possibly challenging them it could make for a great season down at Mill Park this year with good football being played down there every week. I certainly hope that is the case and the club picks itself up again. Looing forward to the new season.

I agree I hope the good times return even if it is at a lower standard. I'm affraid though this is only due to ryan swiggs and roger wakeham who run the side. I left the commite for personal reasons 2 years ago but I know the guys on the commite are not getting any younger (like me) and there is no-one coming in behind them to help out. So I can only see a bad ending for our club in the future. Maybe edgecombe will get the ground givan to them in exchange for calling themselfs millbrook, I dunno. And god forbid what would happen now if swiggs left us

• 3 weeks later...

if millbrook play consistently this season and add a couple more players,then i dont see any reason why we cant be lookin for promotion this season!!

I hear they have signed a couple players from higher leagues on for cover such as Josh Oak - Liverton, Roger Bonarparte - Buckland Athletic, Marc Bonney - Plymouth Parkway. It show's the club is well recognized and have ambition to do well. After watching them a few times last season, it looked as though they enjoyed it and have a good bunch of lads there with some potential. They have a good set-up and people around the club for it to succeed. All the best.

I hear they have signed a couple players from higher leagues on for cover such as Josh Oak - Liverton, Roger Bonarparte - Buckland Athletic, Marc Bonney - Plymouth Parkway. It show's the club is well recognized and have ambition to do well. After watching them a few times last season, it looked as though they enjoyed it and have a good bunch of lads there with some potential. They have a good set-up and people around the club for it to succeed. All the best.

Thanks for the positive comments Mr Ice, nice to start getting some good feedback about the club on here and hopefully it's the start of the club moving forward and rebuilding. Just to add we've managed to sign Roger Bonaparte on a permanent basis, but the other 2 you mentioned are just as cover, with hopefully the addition of a few other higher league players as cover.

Well done ryan , it must be nice to be working free of the first team, which in the end last season depended on your players so much to full fill the fixtures they had. no-ones fault the situation the club found themselfs in but hopefully we will re-build!!! Just a point, it would be interesting to see what the club would do if at the end of next season we are in a position to re-take promotion back to the swpl

Well done ryan , it must be nice to be working free of the first team, which in the end last season depended on your players so much to full fill the fixtures they had. no-ones fault the situation the club found themselfs in but hopefully we will re-build!!! Just a point, it would be interesting to see what the club would do if at the end of next season we are in a position to re-take promotion back to the swpl

Think you are getting a bit ahead of yourself Millbrook follower, just hoping for a succesful season this year to be honest!! Its a shame to see the first team go but I wont lie it was difficult towards the end of last season but when I took on the job it was to aid the first team. It's all just part of running a reserve side really, the first team only used a couple of my players and in the end both myself and Dane were just glad to fufill both sets of fixtures.

Guest diamond

i have just been on the south west peninsula league forum,and from what i was reading millbrook follower and couple other usernames are surpose to be dane bunney,i feel this is very sad on your behalf that u have to start a discussion on millbrook expectation this season as somebody else,if it turns out to be true!!!!

Think you are getting a bit ahead of yourself Millbrook follower, just hoping for a succesful season this year to be honest!! Its a shame to see the first team go but I wont lie it was difficult towards the end of last season but when I took on the job it was to aid the first team. It's all just part of running a reserve side really, the first team only used a couple of my players and in the end both myself and Dane were just glad to fufill both sets of fixtures.

Swiggsy it is Denty, did not know you were involved at Millbrook as I am a bit out of touch down in west cornwall, however I wish you all the best for the coming season and will be following with interest your results.

Give the old man my best and ask your mum if she has got any better at making pasties yet (she will know what I mean). Anyway mate good to hear you are involved and hope to see you soon.