Cornwall Football Forum

TRURO CITY PRESS RELEASE

Chairman Kevin Heaney has confirmed that former first team bosses Robbie Stephens and Les Gilbert will be joint managers of City's reserve team next season as the club bids for promotion to the Premier Division of the Carlsberg South West Peninsula League.

"I am delighted to confirm that all outstanding issues have now been resolved and Robbie and Les will definitely be in charge," says Kevin. "They bring loads of experience to the job and they are Truro boys through and through. They will bring energy, passion and, I am sure, success to Truro City, as they have done in the past.

"We need to get the reserves playing in Step 6 football. The present four-level gap between the reserves and first team is just too great. Ideally, the gap has got to be no more than three levels at any one time."

After starting well, City's reserves struggled for much of last season. In their last match in charge of the first team five years ago, Robbie and Les signed off with a memorable win over St Blazey. It was the then champions' first defeat away from Blaise Park in the Carlsberg South Western League in 66 games.

Chairman Kevin Heaney has confirmed that former first team bosses Robbie Stephens and Les Gilbert will be joint managers of City's reserve team next season as the club bids for promotion to the Premier Division of the Carlsberg South West Peninsula League.

"I am delighted to confirm that all outstanding issues have now been resolved and Robbie and Les will definitely be in charge," says Kevin. "They bring loads of experience to the job and they are Truro boys through and through. They will bring energy, passion and, I am sure, success to Truro City, as they have done in the past.

"We need to get the reserves playing in Step 6 football. The present four-level gap between the reserves and first team is just too great. Ideally, the gap has got to be no more than three levels at any one time."

After starting well, City's reserves struggled for much of last season. In their last match in charge of the first team five years ago, Robbie and Les signed off with a memorable win over St Blazey. It was the then champions' first defeat away from Blaise Park in the Carlsberg South Western League in 66 games.

What a great day that was! :thumbsup: