Cornwall Football Forum

ECPL new BALL SPONSORS

The ECPL have confirmed that MACRON are to be the new league ball sponsors for the season 2010-11. The details will be confirmed at Wednesdays AGM

The ECPL have confirmed that MACRON are to be the new league ball sponsors for the season 2010-11. The details will be confirmed at Wednesdays AGM

Last season the use of MACRON balls were voted against by member clubs at the AGM (as far as being a regular league ball)..... so why have the ECPL confirmed them as the new league ball sponsor this season before the AGM????? <_<

Personnally I think the balls are poor and to purchase them are a pain (rather go to local shop and get a Mitre)!!!!! :angry2:

Macron balls were used the year before in the Peninsula league.

I personally had no problems with them. True strike on the ball. When fully inflated it wasn't like kicking a rock and as a keeper they were a good material for handling.

I may be wrong but I think the SWPL balls were a grade or 2 up from the ECPL ones - the ones we had were awful, heavy, lifeless and the coating came off in no time

I may be wrong but I think the SWPL balls were a grade or 2 up from the ECPL ones - the ones we had were awful, heavy, lifeless and the coating came off in no time

Oh dear. I was asked to put this on the web site. I have spoken to four clubs who didn't find it a problem. It seems to have stirred up a hot discussion though.

Hi guys,

I am the new rep for Macron for Cornwall & Devon. I maybe biased but the balls are a alot better quality this time around. Saying that, Ive never had any problems with the Macron balls (I play for St Austell) and personally like playing with them.

If you do get any problems with the balls, please give me a shout on either on the contact details below :thumbsup:

Regards

Daniel Nancarrow

macroncornwall@hotmail.co.uk