Cornwall Football Forum

SUMMER MOVEMENT IN THE COMBO

I HAVE HEARD THAT JOHN BIRD , STU NICH AND ROCKET ARE MOVING TO PENDEEN NEXT YEAR FOR £20 A GAME

Funny, I heard the same thing ComboKid, and thank you for your concern. But we'll nip it in the bud now though and state that it's not true. Neither Stuart, Gary nor myself are moving from St Just to Pendeen, and I would not expect any of our squad to do so as we'll be hoping to build on the past two seasons and be challenging at the top of the table once again. I wish Pendeen every success however during their first season back in the combo and look forward to the derby matches and socials together.

On a personal note, if I was to move anywhere it certainly wouldn't be for any money. I have never taken a penny off of anyone to play football anywhere, even when many teammates have been collecting the not so proverbial brown envelope. I've also always paid my subs, even collected the damned things. I'm pretty confident that the same can be said of Stuart, but Gary has played in the league above so would not be surprised if he has received money in the past, it seems common place at that level.

I still can't understand though why some people will let a £10 or £20 note dictate to them who they should play for. If you want to play for a side, play for them.

Once again, I thank you for your concern and for bringing this matter to the attention of the forum, but I hope that this puts your fears or excitement, depending on your viewpoint, to bed.

I HAVE HEARD THAT JOHN BIRD , STU NICH AND ROCKET ARE MOVING TO PENDEEN NEXT YEAR FOR £20 A GAME

Funny, I heard the same thing ComboKid, and thank you for your concern. But we'll nip it in the bud now though and state that it's not true. Neither Stuart, Gary nor myself are moving from St Just to Pendeen, and I would not expect any of our squad to do so as we'll be hoping to build on the past two seasons and be challenging at the top of the table once again. I wish Pendeen every success however during their first season back in the combo and look forward to the derby matches and socials together.

On a personal note, if I was to move anywhere it certainly wouldn't be for any money. I have never taken a penny off of anyone to play football anywhere, even when many teammates have been collecting the not so proverbial brown envelope. I've also always paid my subs, even collected the damned things. I'm pretty confident that the same can be said of Stuart, but Gary has played in the league above so would not be surprised if he has received money in the past, it seems common place at that level.

I still can't understand though why some people will let a £10 or £20 note dictate to them who they should play for. If you want to play for a side, play for them.

Once again, I thank you for your concern and for bringing this matter to the attention of the forum, but I hope that this puts your fears or excitement, depending on your viewpoint, to bed.

Well said!! i played in Combo for one club only and i was offered a few quid to move to several clubs! but this is village footy really and

it is hard to make ends meet in a club without some guys with more money than sense!! But it's never been any different really! look at the guys who had money in the league above Combo! and the one above that!.

So the great managers !!!!! would win nothing without the cash!! ( except a few clubs :c: )

Are the guys who move around clearing out the wardrobe for the few training tops etc etc :yahoo:

gillo10

Premier Contributor

Group:

Members Posts:

711 Joined:

27-April 08 Gender:Male Location:The big City Posted Today, 09:40 AM

Kempy, dont you support Perranwell?

Not much gets past you gillo10, next stop mastermind?

What a chorus of good sense from Kempy and the best defender in the Combo. As Chaucer quoted, "radix malorum est cupidatis."

I said the same thing to Matt Harris but the bloody stand still fell down. Good to see that after finishing 5th last year with 80 points, 86 only got us 6th place this time.....a closer,more competitive league is good for interest all round.

Brown envelopes were only a defence against predator clubs in the first place, but they're a bit like nuclear weapons....most of us prefer not to have to use them. :SM_carton_y:

Is anybody in the Combo flashing large sums at all ? I remember a player on £10 agame who went round telling people he was being given a tebnyear old Ford Fiesta with his name on the side. Eventually he went out and bought it to keep up the image....and wrote it off in Troon on its first Saturday night out. :smiley20:

I haven't mentioned Chelsea's overwhelming pulverising of your favourites, Kempy and gillo10, but I'm sure you'll see Joe Cole's backheel in a much more favourable light if he replaces Scholes on a free transfer next season. Good look to all who wear green....and blue ! :yahoo:

As for the Cousins over North, have a good season ! let's hope that both St Just and Pendeen managers' jobs aren't made more difficult by crisscrossing bench-bums ! :drink::drink: :drink:

What he said!

gillo10

Premier Contributor

Group:

Members Posts:

711 Joined:

Well said H just got computer on again!!

I am proud to be Cornish but..... some

numpties on here!!

:c: :c:

gillo10

Premier Contributor

Group:

Members Posts:

711 Joined:

Well said H just got computer on again!!

I am proud to be Cornish but..... some

numpties on here!!

Geez guys calm down, I'm a sensitive soul!! I just like the irony of you have a pop at clubs/individuals that pay players "expenses" while following Perranwell. For what it's worth I admire the support people like yourself and Rodders give your local sides.

I'm proud to be English....

:c: :c:

Guess what I heard??? Symons, davies, grimshaw to step up from penryn combo to penryn first team! And symon winnan to steal symons shirt faster than the brown envelopes were dished out at st day! even though he has another three seasons left on his st day contract

Ashley Thomas Penzance to Penryn. :thumbsup::ninja:

You had enough at PZ then Ash?

Apparently nobody from Penzance has spoken to him about next season. :angry2::ninja:

I heard at least 3 months ago that he was off to Penryn, sounds like a poor excuse from the young man?

Bit harsh don't you think? Especially for somebody who has been at Penzance for 8 years now and has grown tired of going back and forth from 1sts to 2nds and back again. Having played against him a good few years ago and watching him recently I think he needs a new challenge. He plays in his comfort zone in the combination league, and appearances at peninsula level suggest he is more than capable of holding his own on a regular basis in that league if he is given sufficient opportunities. I suppose he needs a manager that will give him that opportunity; rather than simply reverting back to 'superstars' when they decide to become available. A club like Penryn would be right up his street as both teams play good football, he would get better chances to keep a first team place if he performed well, and overall it is a very friendly and welcoming club (well, from my experiences).

Isn't all this just rumours at this stage anyway? For the record, I think its quite funny that we have all these stories and gossip similar to those found for premier league players in the papers - very exciting!!!

Ashley Thomas Penzance to Penryn. :thumbsup::ninja:

You had enough at PZ then Ash?

Apparently nobody from Penzance has spoken to him about next season. :angry2::ninja:

I heard at least 3 months ago that he was off to Penryn, sounds like a poor excuse from the young man?

Bit harsh don't you think? Especially for somebody who has been at Penzance for 8 years now and has grown tired of going back and forth from 1sts to 2nds and back again. Having played against him a good few years ago and watching him recently I think he needs a new challenge. He plays in his comfort zone in the combination league, and appearances at peninsula level suggest he is more than capable of holding his own on a regular basis in that league if he is given sufficient opportunities. I suppose he needs a manager that will give him that opportunity; rather than simply reverting back to 'superstars' when they decide to become available. A club like Penryn would be right up his street as both teams play good football, he would get better chances to keep a first team place if he performed well, and overall it is a very friendly and welcoming club (well, from my experiences).

Isn't all this just rumours at this stage anyway? For the record, I think its quite funny that we have all these stories and gossip similar to those found for premier league players in the papers - very exciting!!!

Sorry Professor, perhaps it was a bit harsh. I love the way the kid playes football. I agree he could play higher than combination league. But he has not been at Penzance for 8 years. in the past five years alone he has played for St Just and Falmouth as well.