Cornwall Football Forum

Massey's Mutterings - June 9th 2010

The last 16 should be easy but the eventual winner takes a bit more

For the winning country I go for Spain.

None of the South Americans distinguished themselves in qualifying.

South Africa, New Zealand, Honduras and North Korea will all struggle

I doubt if any of them will get a point, I have backed them to lose all

their group games in an accumulator, adding a few others to bump up the

odds.

Dark Horse could be Holland.

England should make the last four.

Group A France/Uruguay - Group B Argentina/Nigeria

Group C England/U S A .- Group D Germany/Serbia

Group E Holland/Denmark- Group F Italy/Paraquay

Group G Brazil/Portugal- Group H Spain/Chile

We Will See.

What's that saying?

Oh I remember,

YOU SAW IT HERE FIRST (A recipe for egg on the face) :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

AND NOW THE INQUEST:-

Were ENGLAND defeated by CLUB ENGLAND?

I posted my six pennyworth after the Expess article.

Now for the fallout, I am sure many will disagree with me.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/184805

totally agree mountainer. i said all along get a fit carrick who unfortunaely has the ability to pass, but also would have the brain also to see when the full back was out of position. 6 million a year gets you someone who picks emile heskey, puts on paper the best attacking midfielder in the world left wing to accomodate gareth barry, plays players when not fit/ill and was generally clueless.... we could go on forever, the biggest bug bear now is that apparantley were all rubbish in this country...maybe this wouldnt be the attitude if anyone else in the world had been able to manage this group of world class/good premiership players i.e my mrs..

You ought to change your name to Fantasyfootballman !

Steven Gerrard is not the best attacking midfield player in the world !!

Not on paper,on grass or on bloody clay - Gerrards best days are long gone

What does it take to get it through to you that THESE ARE NOT WORLD CLASS PLAYERS !! There are some in the Premiership - They're foreign !

The Sun The Mirror and the Star might say our English players are world class. Sky Sports may say so, but surely you saw as well as me a side without the pace,idea or intellect to challenge modern footballs super powers.

Yes Capello has made many mistakes, but can it always be the Managers fault,Erikkson, McLaren and now Capello have failed to get our so called Golden Generation to win anything

I,m all for giving your Mrs a go at it ! She couln't do any worse and she'd probably cost less than £6m a year

unfortunately, we DO have world class players, and the next few weeks transfer activity will show this as the premiership and champions league DOES prove it...i said on paper about gerrard, definately world class (and thats from a utd fan)but not a left sided midfielder...mourinho would play him in his best position!!!!

to reiterate

A Cole - world class

Rooney - world class

Gerrard - world class

Lampard - world class

Terry - very good premiership player

Johnson - very good premiership player

Milner - very good premiership player

the rest good premiership players, and this squad ON PAPER, wipes the floor with lots of top world cup teams...

but a bloke on 6 million a year made them look shocking

You must have been living in a cave for three weeks mate !

If Gerrard had anything between his ears he'd know how to operate STARTING on the left. Zidane managed it - HE HOWEVER was world class !

Ask yourself what world class means - To me it means if you were picking a team of the Worlds Best XI players then the players selected are World Class !

Do you seriosly think any of our players would fulfil that criteria

You keep harping on about " On Paper " - You don't win anything by reputation - Good premiership players they may be. Our Premiership is the fastest most exciting ( and highly paid )league in World Football. Don't confuse that with " The Best League " in the world ( Copyright R Murdoch Sky Sports )

The main transfer activity this summer will once again be foreigners - Brought in to dominate our domestic football.Our English players are in the main the back up boys

Capello didnt make Terry make an absolute kn*b of himself against Germany - he did it himself by being dragged all over the place when a player of his experience should have seen that ploy a mile away

As for Rooney - Well two world cups,no goals one sending off and about three shots says it all to me - But No - It's not his fault ! He was " UNDER PRESSURE " Well come September you and 75000 others can all kiss his a*** and tell him how wonderful he is when is smacking em in against Blackpool and West Brom !!

You must have been living in a cave for three weeks mate !

YEP, WISH I HAD, BUT STATED ON HERE 3/4 WEEKS AGO, PLAY PLAYERS IN THE BEST FORMATION AND BEST POSITIONS, THEN MAYBE WE'D HAVE A CHANCE.....ENTER CAPELLO, AHH NO CHANCE.

If Gerrard had anything between his ears he'd know how to operate STARTING on the left. Zidane managed it - HE HOWEVER was world class !

ZIZU HAD PLAYERS WHO UNDERSTOOD HIS ROLE, AND COVERED HIM, I.E DESCHAMPS, AND GERRARD DONT WANNA PLAY THERE, STICK HIM IN HIS BEST POSITION..DOOOH

Ask yourself what world class means - To me it means if you were picking a team of the Worlds Best XI players then the players selected are World Class !

AGREE THAT IT SHOULD BE TEAM OR AT LEAST A SQUAD, BUT EVERY MANAGER IN THE WORLD SAYS HE IS WORLD CLASS, IM JUST GOING ALONG WITH THEM!

Do you seriosly think any of our players would fulfil that criteria

YEP, ROONEY, COLE , LAMPARD , GERRARD WOULD BE IN A WORLD CLASS SQUAD, ASK ANY MANAGER...

You keep harping on about " On Paper " - You don't win anything by reputation - Good premiership players they may be. Our Premiership is the fastest most exciting ( and highly paid )league in World Football. Don't confuse that with " The Best League " in the world ( Copyright R Murdoch Sky Sports )

The main transfer activity this summer will once again be foreigners - Brought in to dominate our domestic football.Our English players are in the main the back up boys

Capello didnt make Terry make an absolute kn*b of himself against Germany - he did it himself by being dragged all over the place when a player of his experience should have seen that ploy a mile away

CAPELLO SCREWED EVERYTHING UP,AS AGREED BY PRETTY MUCH EVERYONE

As for Rooney - Well two world cups,no goals one sending off and about three shots says it all to me - But No - It's not his fault ! He was " UNDER PRESSURE " Well come September you and 75000 others can all kiss his a*** and tell him how wonderful he is when is smacking em in against Blackpool and West Brom !!

WORLD CLASS,END OF

I think most of us like the banter of the forums,

I at times leg pull with those I know from posting

or from attending matches but insults are a NO NO.

I fail to understand the insults bandied about above - We ALL have opinions.

To be WORLD CLASS you have to be special unfortunately we do not have any in

that category, some have bordered on it but are now in decline, we have seen

the best of Terry, A.Cole, Lampard and Gerrard, Rooney has time on his side

but being heavily built may struggle to demonstrate the agility that goes with

brilliance, I think Wayne is a fit young man who has had a hard season carrying

Man U's brittle attack.

We should have done what Brazil have done for decades - Get the TOP FIFTY players

together and work from there, with so many foreign players in the Premiership there

is a need to scour the Championship as well, ask the managers who they think their

best players are, at least we would know from them those who compete to the highest

level every game, with Stoke City it would be Matthew Etherington, Spurs would sing

the praises of Michael Dawson etc. etc. (I am repeating what those two clubs managers

have said when interviewed on T.V).

Playing alongside the worlds best players can take the pressure off some, making

them look better than they are, whereas those at smaller clubs have to work harder

at their game, their aggression is something missing from the England team.

Just in case I get labelled along with our friend above,

I am not a 12 year old from Redruth,

I am a 74 year old exile from Truro.

We all enjoy our football at times.

Not sure if you refer to the article about Rooney or the one about Capello

I dont dispute the fact that Capello cocked up during the tournament & that the FA were never going to pay him £12m to go.

Still doesnt change the fact that none of the past three or even four managers of our over rated players have got past quarter finals at tournaments

As for the Rooney article young Oliver obviously intends to stay one step ahead of the rest of the journalistic pack and keep on the good side of Fergie & Rooney - Therefore ensuring some nice " Exclusives " for the Mirror and dosh for himself.

Give me a shout in four years time - Rooney might have had a shot on target by then !

We've got some decent English players, but they play week in week out with better players at their clubs in systems they work on every day in training with talented managers who know how to get the best out of them - except Benitez!

Look at Holland apart form Sneijder, possibly the diver Robben - no world class players and they're in the final!

Same with Deutschland - team work and organisation, coupled with an ability to pass the ball to each other, not rocket science and no world calss players. I would make a theoretical bet that they would not have gone this far with Bollock in their team, good job he's injured - overrated and typical Chelsea ego!

The players let Capello down by not rising to the challenge. I still maintain if the FA asked Ian Holloway to put together a team of English Championship players to go and beat the USA and Algeria, he would have done it with ease.

I think English media and football fans need to realise, we're not very good at this game we invented and until The FA sort themselves out, we'll never improve as they are still churning out robot coaches with little imagination on how to play or teach the game to youngsters porperly.

let football be the winner, not the administrators!

The last 16 should be easy but the eventual winner takes a bit more

For the winning country I go for Spain. :drink: I GOT THAT RIGHT

None of the South Americans distinguished themselves in qualifying. :drink: I GOT THAT RIGHT

South Africa, New Zealand, Honduras and North Korea will all struggle

I doubt if any of them will get a point, I have backed them to lose all

their group games in an accumulator, adding a few others to bump up the

odds. :drink: SOME OF THESE PUNCHED ABOVE THEIR WEIGHT :drink:

:yahoo: New Zealand - The ONLY undefeated team in this World Cup

Dark Horse could be Holland. :drink: I GOT THIS ONE RIGHT

England should make the last four. :SM_carton: OH DEAR WHAT A FAILURE :SM_carton:

Group A France/Uruguay - Group B Argentina/Nigeria

Group C England/U S A .- Group D Germany/Serbia

Group E Holland/Denmark- Group F Italy/Paraquay

Group G Brazil/Portugal- Group H Spain/Chile :ninja: I ONLY GOT ELEVEN OF THE SIXTEEN

We Will See.

What's that saying?

Oh I remember,

YOU SAW IT HERE FIRST (A recipe for egg on the face) :thumbsup:

IF ONLY OUR INTEREST LASTED LONGER

how can we churn out robots by over coaching children when we cannot even find an english coach for our national team.too many people at the top of our game are out of touch with reallity,we need to have a clean sweep and get the fa and the premiership together for the good of our national team only then will we start to progress as a nation.we need to give football back to the people and away from the overpowerfull media.the only winner in our game is money :SM_carton: