Cornwall Football Forum

Falmouth athletic season 2010/11 changes

Falmouth athletic can confirm that Phil Kellow will be the division 1 manager for the new season ahead. Phil has played a good standard of football himself, and has alot of knowledge of the game.He has a good reputation of getting the most out of his team, by playing good football. Training will commence on Wednesday 1st July at 6.15 at Draceana avenue,all existing players and anyone interested in a new venture will be made most welcome. The reserve team managerial role is to be announced in the very near future.

Finally on behalf of all at Falmouth Ath I would like to thank Roy for all the hard work he has put into the club as manager over the last five seasons and has given Ath it's fair share of success during this time, including a r/u place in the league, five cup finals, 2 junior cup area finals, and an Easter Monday final!Roy wanted to step down as manager last season due to family commitments,but the lack of managerial material meant that Roy stayed another season. Although we had a relegation battle on our hands this was not due to the effort Roy put into the season. We unfortunately had players moving on to senior football or other clubs, we had to wait to the latter part of the season to get a young side geling together, we managed to remain in Div 1 after a long battle.

Kevin Toy on behalf of Falmouth Athletic AFC.

As one of the players who stepped up to division one last season after playing in division three the previous one I would just like to say thanks to the club for giving me the oppurtunity to prove myself as a division one player. It was a very hard long season last year only just avoiding relegation but in the whole first team there were only two players from the previous season. A lot of changes happened last year and I think it was always going to take time for the team to gel. Everyone gave it their best adn most of our games we were always losing by the odd goal which on occasions comes down to experience of holding onto a lead. a young team but a team that never gave up. Well done lads for last season.