Cornwall Football Forum

Winno is standing down as St Day first team manager after an excellent year leading the club to a creditable seventh place and league cup semi-final.

Running a business and Combination League side have been extremely demanding and at the youthful age of only 38, Winno still believes he can do a job in goal.

He has already been asked to play for the third team at St Day, but there will clearly be better offers.

St Day FC wishes Winno all the best wherever he plays and he will be warmly received in the clubhouse when he pops down for a beer to support his local club

Guest WINNO

Winno is standing down as St Day first team manager after an excellent year leading the club to a creditable seventh place and league cup semi-final.

Running a business and Combination League side have been extremely demanding and at the youthful age of only 38, Winno still believes he can do a job in goal.

He has already been asked to play for the third team at St Day, but there will clearly be better offers.

St Day FC wishes Winno all the best wherever he plays and he will be warmly received in the clubhouse when he pops down for a beer to support his local club

Late as it is after numerous calls to people thought I would come on quickly.

Would just like to say that it's been an enjoyable season at St Day football club. They are a really hard working genuine club. But like Gary said in the original statement running a senior football side is becoming a full time job for me and to try and tie that in with running your own business and family commitments something had to give and unfortunently football will always come 2nd to the rest.

I am thinking of a comeback between the sticks at the old age of 38 I feel perhaps I retired to early and I don't want to look back and say if only. I think Ive a few years in the old gloves yet and it would be great to just be able to turn up to training and matchdays as a player without all the extra pressures of management. If anybody is after a keeper feel free to call or pm.

I wish St Day all the best in their quest for peninsula league football and Im sure with the right man at the helm that will happen in the near future.

CHEERS ALL

REGARDS

WINNO

XXXXX

Guest WINNO

You gave it a go winno, so fair play, thought u were going porthleven next year? maybe its those damn rumours going around!

on a seperate note who is the new manager?

Dont know what Im doing at the moment have had quite a few offers but am spending some time with the family now.

The new manager is Rodger Sewden. xxxxxx

• 2 weeks later...

Winston, I really don't see the point of your posting. Respected people like Garry Kay, who is involved with St Day, has gone on the forum and thanked Symon for all he has done for the Club. Symon has also expressed his own views. Let Symon move on and let St Day move on and keep your negative comments away from this forum.