Cornwall Football Forum

spencer welch looking for a new team to manage

spencer welch has resingned as lanreath 2nd team manager from today.

I am looking to take on any team to manage 1st or 2nd teams this comeing season .

I have been at lanreath for 3 full seasons and got them promoted from div 3 to div 1 have been in 2 duchy cup finals 09 and 2010 season and also took my team in to the eastern section of the junior cup against looe and lost to them in a replay . so if there are any clubs out there that need a new manager please give me a ring on 07725466011 many thanks spencer welch

Guest LANREATH BOSS

I am both shocked and saddened by this news Spence if I am totally honest!!!

I know we didn't always see eye to eye but in the main we always had a chat and shook hands and I respected what you gave to the club!!

I think its a really poor decision to let you go as I don't know many other Managers at Junior Level that can make phone calls to about 30 plus lads pre-season and get them all to training to try and impress and get in your Duchy Team.

I guess when you find a new club you will take alot of Lanreath 2nd team players with you . . . . the likes of Andy Cordner who has stood by you for a number of years now and should probably be playing Senior Football??

So whoever comes in I guess will be rebuilding again from day one, which is a shame as everyone at Lanreath paints a picture of being a loyal, do everything right, look after each other kind of Club!!

One thing that I'd really like to know mate is did you resign or did they tell you that there was no place there next season?? If it's the later then Max & The Committee should hang their heads in shame!!!!

Your achievement last year was probably worthy of winning Junior Manager & Team of the season - another promotion, Duchy Cup Final and Eastern Section Junior Cup Final - wow. And they are happy to see that walking out the door!! Doesn't add up??

Anyway, just wanted to say all the best and here's to similar success next season somewhere else.

Mark Blake.

Ps - 2 clubs that may be worth contacting are Pensilva & St Dominick. Both looking for Managers I believe and both Duchy 1 so may be worth a call.

Spencer Im sorry to hear that you will no longer be managing the Lanreath second team.

I thought that what you achieved in a short space of time at Lanreath was superb and i have to echo what Mark said that I have never known someone with a list of contacts as big which is evident by the near 50 people that turn up to pre season training each year.

I have no doubts what so ever that you will be back managing again very soon and i wish you the best of luck with whatever path you choose to take.

Take it easy buddy, and keep in touch, all the best, lee!!!!

I am both shocked and saddened by this news Spence if I am totally honest!!!

I know we didn't always see eye to eye but in the main we always had a chat and shook hands and I respected what you gave to the club!!

I think its a really poor decision to let you go as I don't know many other Managers at Junior Level that can make phone calls to about 30 plus lads pre-season and get them all to training to try and impress and get in your Duchy Team.

I guess when you find a new club you will take alot of Lanreath 2nd team players with you . . . . the likes of Andy Cordner who has stood by you for a number of years now and should probably be playing Senior Football??

So whoever comes in I guess will be rebuilding again from day one, which is a shame as everyone at Lanreath paints a picture of being a loyal, do everything right, look after each other kind of Club!!

One thing that I'd really like to know mate is did you resign or did they tell you that there was no place there next season?? If it's the later then Max & The Committee should hang their heads in shame!!!!

Your achievement last year was probably worthy of winning Junior Manager & Team of the season - another promotion, Duchy Cup Final and Eastern Section Junior Cup Final - wow. And they are happy to see that walking out the door!! Doesn't add up??

Anyway, just wanted to say all the best and here's to similar success next season somewhere else.

Mark Blake.

Ps - 2 clubs that may be worth contacting are Pensilva & St Dominick. Both looking for Managers I believe and both Duchy 1 so may be worth a call.

I know for a fact Spencer wouldn’t have resigned from Lanreath without good reason, he has had a successful three seasons there. His team have remained very loyal to him and they have mutual respect for each other.

Lanreath committee members have never fully supported Spencer on match days or even at cup finals, they are to concerned with first team issues and there is a divide in the club that separates the 1st and 2nd team because of the way sponsorship money is only spent on the first team and old kit etc is passed down to the 2nd team. The 2nd team pay match day fees,!st team fees come from sponsors. I’ve seen Spencer along with Verity, {his wife) and two daughters, getting the pitch ready for a game early on a Saturday morning with no help whatsoever from committee members and they even refused to run the line for him during a game.

Good luck to the new managers of Lanreath 1st and 2nd teams, but a word of warning WATCH YOUR BACKS. Now that Spencer and his wife have left the club the family friendly feeling has gone with them.