Cornwall Football Forum

2009/2010 highlights

What were your highlights from last season?

One of mine was my trip to Penzance from Saltash, it was a good day out and my first away game.

talking of highlights, lee have you still got lots of videos of games you have gone two. if so put them together and post a link im sure they would look good to remember.

my highlight has been the tussle at the top of the western league. hayle top, st austell top, perranporth top. it was all close to the end of the season.

others highlights include being privaledged to have still be offered to run the line for vospers until october and helping out the league fulfil couple of fixtures. pleasure.

im sure whoever went to the dinner last saturday can indulge on more highlights from the directors.

Well mine would be beating Bodmin 3-1 in the league and beating Blazey 5-1!! Would also chuck in the cup run winning against Chard Larkhall and taking Gillingham Town to a replay then pens. Got a feeling next season will be bigger better and a little bit silver!

From the west div i would give highlight of the season being that of Perrenporth winning the league! I was relishing them playing the ashes this season, shame they're not coming up. Hopefully they will improve the ground and win the league again. Though i see on they're website Gosling stepped down, any news whose took charge down there?

All the best to everyone for the new season :smiley20: :drink:

Well mine would be beating Bodmin 3-1 in the league and beating Blazey 5-1!! Would also chuck in the cup run winning against Chard Larkhall and taking Gillingham Town to a replay then pens. Got a feeling next season will be bigger better and a little bit silver!

From the west div i would give highlight of the season being that of Perrenporth winning the league! I was relishing them playing the ashes this season, shame they're not coming up. Hopefully they will improve the ground and win the league again. Though i see on they're website Gosling stepped down, any news whose took charge down there?

All the best to everyone for the new season :smiley20::drink:

The Bodmin win was a good result with them being Champions, the two previous seasons'. As for the St Blazey game, I was going to watch Argyle or the game but chose Argyle, they lost 2-0 and the other game was 5-1.

Mine was the penultimate game at Homers Heath to Falmouth. Losing 2-0 and needing at least a draw to stay inwith a chance of winning the Lge, we scored in the 88min and again in the 92nd, that was unbelievable and unforgettable. All the best to everybody for next season :thumbsup:

What were your highlights from last season?

One of mine was my trip to Penzance from Saltash, it was a good day out and my first away game.

Watching us put seven past Chard at their place in the Vase!

Highlight of the season, defeating St Blazey in both the league and FA Vase at Bolitho Park, roll on next season

For me it has to be going the whole season without missing a single match and watching some good football and a squad that worked hard all season to achieve a very credible 4th spot.

Also good to see good passionate support home and away and wearing the green and black with pride.

Lowest point, out playing Parkway to the point that we should have won by a clear mile when to be honest we went there expecting Parkway to turn us over with ease!! Then in the dying seconds we gave away such a shocking goal and Parkay go on to win. Actually, lowest point was coming away from Chard having won 7v0 and listening to Radio Cornwall and they read out that Swanage had beaten Parkay 1v0. Looking forward to a nice trip along the south coast only to find out Parkway scored late on as the game kicked off late!!

Anyay, roll on next season. :thumbsup:

Taking on and beating the best in Devon & Cornwall at step 6 (with the exception of Penzance, lost 4-3 on agg)

What Buckland achieved last season was something close to a miracle and there were those that doubted. Is it possible this season for Saltash on their website to have Buckland down as a potential club to win the league?

There were many great matches but the one that sticks in the mind was the Falmouth draw at home, where i have never quite witnessed a 5 minutes like it. Falmouth were great on the night and should they remain with the same sort of squad, i think they will finish in the top 2.

I also hope that mr mass will keep the club ticking along.

Penzance was the only low point on what was a great season for the homers heath club. Onwards & upwards

The performance in the cup win against St Austell takes some beating, but there were other highlights that were good for different reasons. The 9-3 game against Millbrook was surreal in that it was about 1-0 or something at halftime, but in the second half it was as if every shot that both teams took went in. The Foxhole game at home was another as we were favourites but it was a game that was dominated by a ferocious wind. We knew that the Foxes would pile on the pressure in the second half with it in their favour, and they duly obliged but somehow we snatched a late winner. The away win at Perranporth was good early on in the season as you could see what it meant to the players. Luke Weldhen returning to the fold and banging in a fair few goals was another, as was the emergence of Ryan Barnes. Nice days out at Millbrook and a gloriously sunny day at Plymstock, even though we got hammered 4-0 lol.

So many highlights, not too many low points although the way we lost at Porthleven pee'd me off. Seeing my ugly mug on the telly after the incident at St.Austell was a bit embarressing, but hey ho, overall it was a good enjoyable season.