Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy League Rumours

I was Wondering if there would be any management changes at the following clubs and if no changes who is in charge at each club;

Gunnislake 1sts

Gunnislake 2nds

Gunnislake 3rds

Calstock 1st

Calstock 2nds

St dominick 2nds

Callington 3rds

Stoke Climsland

Also from the east cornwall

Callington 2nds

St dominick 1sts

Thanks

I was Wondering if there would be any management changes at the following clubs and if no changes who is in charge at each club;

Gunnislake 1sts

Gunnislake 2nds

Gunnislake 3rds

Calstock 1st

Calstock 2nds

St dominick 2nds

Callington 3rds

Stoke Climsland

Also from the east cornwall

Callington 2nds

St dominick 1sts

Thanks

Obviously there will be a change at gunnislake as we are starting a new team but i havent heard who is running it yet!

why would there b a manager change at st dominick 1st team and callington 2nd team? where have there managers gone?!

Im not saying the managers have left but was interested in who would be in charge at each club next season? changes or no changes.

no changes down gunni at the moment and hope there won't b.

don't no wot happening down stoke or calstock.

callington 2nds and st dominick 1st r staying the same at the mo 2.

st dominick 2nds r looking 4 a manager still I fink.

I've heard 2 names mentioned 4 callington 3rds but mot heard definate.

I assume that:

Steve Blatchford will be callingtons 2nd team manager, duno bout there 3rd team!

Paul Blatchford will be st dominicks 1st team manager, there 2nd team r lookin 4 a new manager!

Stewart Cawte (sorry if thts spelt wrong stew!!) will be Calstock 1st team manager, duno bout there 2nd team!

Duno bout Stoke Climbsland!!

As for Gunnislake im not 100% sure on whos running each team yet!

R u looking 2 get into management or playing?

no changes down gunni at the moment and hope there won't b.

don't no wot happening down stoke or calstock.

callington 2nds and st dominick 1st r staying the same at the mo 2.

st dominick 2nds r looking 4 a manager still I fink.

I've heard 2 names mentioned 4 callington 3rds but mot heard definate.

can you say who the 2 names are linked with callington 3rds

also what happened to st anns chapel, last i heard martin sampson was manager but ive been told now that they have folded? how come?

I played for st anns last year. The club was manager less so pete backallar stopped playing and built a team from almost scratch. We gained promotion and got the attention of bere alston, who asked us to move over and be there 2nd team. We gained promotion again this season and hope we can next year.

I played for st anns last year. The club was manager less so pete backallar stopped playing and built a team from almost scratch. We gained promotion and got the attention of bere alston, who asked us to move over and be there 2nd team. We gained promotion again this season and hope we can next year.

i see. was no one interested in taking st annes on after that? also congrats on promotion

Yeah all spelt correctly Tom.

TNT, Sammo played for Stoke last year and this year..as i understand it he will be involved in some capacity at the club...at least that is what he said last week, but in football anything can change as you know!!!

thanks stewart, so you will be running calstock 1st? any idea who will be running the seconds? ian cook? is he still involved in calstock?

Hi TNT..

Cookie is no longer involved with Calstock. He played the last third of the season for Stoke!!

What's your real name and what are you about, in terms where have you played,been..why so interested in these particular clubs. Pm me if you do not want your name revealed.

Regards

Stewart Cawte

Hi TNT..

Cookie is no longer involved with Calstock. He played the last third of the season for Stoke!!

What's your real name and what are you about, in terms where have you played,been..why so interested in these particular clubs. Pm me if you do not want your name revealed.

Regards

Stewart Cawte

i grew up around the area and grew up watching many local teams. there is possibility i will be back around the area for next season maybe to play or to simply watch. so was interested in who was where also since most of the rumours are just about players i was interested who was managing where. So i guess the answer to what im about is im just interested in local football.

Hi TNT..

Regards

Stewart Cawte

i grew up around the area and grew up watching many local teams. there is possibility i will be back around the area for next season maybe to play or to simply watch. so was interested in who was where also since most of the rumours are just about players i was interested who was managing where. So i guess the answer to what im about is im just interested in local football.

So your interested then?

Hi TNT..

Regards

Stewart Cawte

So your interested then?

ha maybe a little bit

• 2 weeks later...

if you're moving back to the area and just want involvement in local footie then there is always the other choice................(drum roll).......

Take up the whistle ! New courses being held soon in Callington (by yours truly) and you can still carry on playing while you get promoted up the ranks. Then, when you're playing days are over, you go straight into senior level refereeing.

Also, each club needs a qualified ref in their set-up so all Clubs will welcome you !

Dave

Hi TNT..

Regards

Stewart Cawte

• 3 weeks later...

Hi sdfc8,

I am staying at Calstock and yes we have made some new signings...one of my better signings has to be Chris Tilbury who has turned both Callington and Tavistock down at South Western Level to play for his home village :yahoo:

A new keeper, centre back and ctre forward and a couple of others on the horizon but not confirmed.

Good also to have the "nd team this year :thumbsup:

Hi sdfc8,

I am staying at Calstock and yes we have made some new signings...one of my better signings has to be Chris Tilbury who has turned both Callington and Tavistock down at South Western Level to play for his home village :yahoo:

A new keeper, centre back and ctre forward and a couple of others on the horizon but not confirmed.

Good also to have the "nd team this year :thumbsup:

Can you name any other signings of yours? Is the 2nd team looking strong?

The 2nd team are full with 16/17yr olds with a couple of old hats. They are looking good in training and we have been impresse with them. Hard to say how they will adapt in mens football.

Will name others this week when pen to paper occurs.

Your hoping the youth will learn from the experience?

also look forward to seeing who you have signed

Of course i am hoping that ,but it is good also to get youth in your side. If we dont encourage them to play for Calstock and they are from the village then the surrounding area's football clubs will take them!!!!

Why so interested in Calstock and who we sign???

Its not that im soo interested in calstock and who you sign but just in generall of signings in that area, and since you said you would name the other signings in the near future i thought i would show my interest, i dont mean to offend.

Also did st dominick manager get comfirmed?

thanks

Hi TNT,

No offence taken and it was not meant to come across abruptly ( apologies if that,s how it was read)

Dave has been confirmed at St.Dominick as far as i am aware ( maybe St.Dominick would like to confirm 100% )

A few youngsters will have a run out when we start playing friendlies, so i will have a better knowledge of them and see how well they adapt to men's football.

Latest signings for us are as follows;

Ryan Walkey as goal keeper...still playing for bridgewater U18,s on a Sunday.

Midfielder Alex Gard played for Callington ECPL last year and Liskeard the previous year.

Striker Ross Grimwood ex ECPL and Premier player come back from cartlidge op, but looking very impressive.

These along with Chris Tilbury.

I am reasonably happy that along with some of last years players we will be O.k??

A juggle around in defence will certainly help our cause.

Best Regards

Stewart Cawte

Hi TNT,

No offence taken and it was not meant to come across abruptly ( apologies if that,s how it was read)

Dave has been confirmed at St.Dominick as far as i am aware ( maybe St.Dominick would like to confirm 100% )

A few youngsters will have a run out when we start playing friendlies, so i will have a better knowledge of them and see how well they adapt to men's football.

Latest signings for us are as follows;

Ryan Walkey as goal keeper...still playing for bridgewater U18,s on a Sunday.

Midfielder Alex Gard played for Callington ECPL last year and Liskeard the previous year.

Striker Ross Grimwood ex ECPL and Premier player come back from cartlidge op, but looking very impressive.

These along with Chris Tilbury.

I am reasonably happy that along with some of last years players we will be O.k??

A juggle around in defence will certainly help our cause.

Best Regards

Stewart Cawte

Sounds like some very good signings for you, hopefully you will be pushing for promotion again this season!

good to see teams still attracting players with soo many teams in that area and some playing at a higher level than yourselfs. So all credit goes to you and the club and best of luck!!

Would be good to hear if any other clubs in the area are doing so well with there pre season?

Loosely related [regionally at least...] - I met up with an old friend at the Swingle Tree last week who informed me that North Hill have made some 'impressive' signings for the forthcoming campaign. To me, at least, this is surprising considering the plight of the club in recent seasons.

Loosely related [regionally at least...] - I met up with an old friend at the Swingle Tree last week who informed me that North Hill have made some 'impressive' signings for the forthcoming campaign. To me, at least, this is surprising considering the plight of the club in recent seasons.

Any names?