Cornwall Football Forum

As far as im aware Madron have not been notified of any docked points. Will try and clear this up soon as.

And i believe in the Mining league points are not nomally and GIVEN to the losing side. Normally just docked from the winning side. They are given in the Falmouth Helston league though. Dont quote me on that.

The league website was wrong leading upto the School of Mines game, saying we lost to New Boys, when we were given the points. This was soon adjusted.

Just have to wait and see...

I have spoken to alan davenport today as I'm a player for madron, he has said there has been no letter or any contact from the mining league to say anything regarding the 3 points taken away. Alan told me that he has spoken to the ccfa and they have told him its weird how they presented us with the trophy on saturday and then take the points away a couple of days later. Alan was also told to phone again on wednesday if he doesn't hear anything. There maybe a letter delivered to alan tomorrow and if there is I will put a reply on here.

I hope that this gets sorted soon so we know who are the winners of mining 2!!!

I would like to say thanks to every team for making this a really good division to play in this year!!!

This was posted on the fa full time website this evening

On the 7 May a letter was issued to Madron advising them of outstading fines to be paid by 21 May, or their opponets woud be awarded the points for games after that date.

On the 7 May a letter was issued to Madron informing them of fines outstanding over three months. The letter advised that if the fines were not paid by 21 May the club was in breach of the rules, and all points from that date until the fines were paid would be awarded to their opponents. The fines were not paid but the Secretary was not aware of this when the Cup was presented, in error.

I regret the error which I was not aware of until the management committee meeting on Wednesday night.

Author: W L Hoskings

This was posted on the fa full time website this evening

On the 7 May a letter was issued to Madron advising them of outstading fines to be paid by 21 May, or their opponets woud be awarded the points for games after that date.

On the 7 May a letter was issued to Madron informing them of fines outstanding over three months. The letter advised that if the fines were not paid by 21 May the club was in breach of the rules, and all points from that date until the fines were paid would be awarded to their opponents. The fines were not paid but the Secretary was not aware of this when the Cup was presented, in error.

I regret the error which I was not aware of until the management committee meeting on Wednesday night.

Author: W L Hoskings

Seems strange to me that the League Secretary wasn't aware of the outstanding fines letter and three weeks later presented Madron with the trophies. :wacko:

Have i not prevoiusly posted, when will the mining league appoint someone younger and who knows what is going on. So csm are champions that says it all for me so whats that now 21 pts for nothing Excellent full credit to will and the mining league.

Edited by Dave Deacon

Have i not prevoiusly posted, when will the mining league appoint someone younger and who knows what is going on. So csm are champions that says it all for me so whats that now 21 pts for nothing Excellent full credit to will and the mining league.

Is it not the ccfa who issue fines and dock points not the mining league?

Maths is obviously not a strong point for you Marksy as CSM have been awarded 9 points throughout the season. Now fortunately maths is one of my stronger points and I can point out to you we have been awarded points for 3 games and not 7 as your calculations suggest. The reasons for the awarding of these points were twice where teams could not gather enough men to play, both times when we were at the ground changed and ready to play. The final 3 have been given due to Madron not keeping their house in order. Therefore not our fault on any occassion. I notice you are not complaining about the amount of points that Madron were given this year which was 12, the most in the league. Judging from your criticism of the league officials will we be seeing you stand up for election to a position at the Mining League AGM? I doubt it but maybe its time to invest in a calculator or try engaging brain before typing next time.

Maths is obviously not a strong point for you Marksy as CSM have been awarded 9 points throughout the season. Now fortunately maths is one of my stronger points and I can point out to you we have been awarded points for 3 games and not 7 as your calculations suggest. The reasons for the awarding of these points were twice where teams could not gather enough men to play, both times when we were at the ground changed and ready to play. The final 3 have been given due to Madron not keeping their house in order. Therefore not our fault on any occassion. I notice you are not complaining about the amount of points that Madron were given this year which was 12, the most in the league. Judging from your criticism of the league officials will we be seeing you stand up for election to a position at the Mining League AGM? I doubt it but maybe its time to invest in a calculator or try engaging brain before typing next time.

I dont have no problem with figures or my brain which im more than happy to show you any time zeddy BOY though it has been a long weekend as The Titans toured Torquay and most enjoyable it was too, are csm going on tour if you are ive heard its nice september october november december january february march april all the time you lot generally dont play. Congratulations on your 6 week league bar a few games. :angry:

I seriously dont understand how playing 3 games a week creates an advantage? especially during exam period etc which lasts well over a month including revision and what not!

so much for it being 15 points... its a great laugh turning up for a game and facing no opposition! is really appreciated! sour grapes much?

I seriously dont understand how playing 3 games a week creates an advantage? especially during exam period etc which lasts well over a month including revision and what not!

so much for it being 15 points... its a great laugh turning up for a game and facing no opposition! is really appreciated! sour grapes much?

Trouble is waterboy every team throughout the season when csm werent available felt like you boys do only difference is you lot arent around so we didnt need to turn up.

Has it not occured to you that people in the real wold actually have real jobs and family commitments that make it difficult to raise teams midweek and therefor are not able to play the fixture and so give you the points? Bloody students! (And I only finished uni a year ago!!)

so jeff... the argument swings both ways! we have family commitments for holiday periods so are unable to raise a team!

ok fair enough having work... i guess it depends on the job but ive worked for 6 years and have always been able to ask for one night off... and im sure family would allow one night off as well.. its not as though you're doing it 3 nights a week!

so jeff... the argument swings both ways! we have family commitments for holiday periods so are unable to raise a team!

ok fair enough having work... i guess it depends on the job but ive worked for 6 years and have always been able to ask for one night off... and im sure family would allow one night off as well.. its not as though you're doing it 3 nights a week!

For me I struggle to get to a midweek game for KO because I have an hour + commute from work. But im just one player, in honesty we have actually not had too much trouble raising a side midweek, we have suffered from losing half our squad on a saturday to the start of the cricket season because the football season has been dragged on far too long.

Im not going to moan that you won the league, you have a good side there but I think you will get the same complaints next season if you do well. In the past people have just tended to ignore the issue of having to rearrange the SOM fixtures and maybe not be able to play you because you were not real contenders. Now you have won the league the rest of the teams that have been playing week in week out through all sorts of conditions feel a bit put out and I can understand why.

I appreciate that you guys have to go home during school holidays but maybe if a team are not available to play every week during the season then the players should look to play for other sides where them not being here at certain points of the season won't disrupt an entire team or league. When I was at uni in Plymouth I used to come down most weekends to play, but if I couldnt make one week it didnt affect the whole team.

For a start... I play cricket.. and due to the position we made for ourselves in the league.... I cancelled playing cricket to fulfill our fixtures!

I appreciate that, once we have a good enough team to compete.. people start to complain! The reason you haven't in previous years is due to the fact that we haven't been able to challenge! Ok I accept a few players might not be able to play.. but for more than half the season we played without our best players!

Guest Gaff

Firstly I would like to say congratulations to CSM on winning the league.

Next I can understand peoples agro of having to play the mid week games to suit CSM. Ok the weather played a part in this years season apparently so that it got extended. (I say apparently because we managed to complete the season by the time it was meant to be. I actually feel penalised that we had to play mid week games struggling to raise a side and people having to rush from work, and then sit at home on a saturday when we could have been playing our games then. Thats not CSM fault that's bad organisation by the league.

Ok we had a game on a saturday which we canceled through lack of players, illness and people letting us down, and managed to fulfil all the mid week games. That was a one off, and hope that it never has to happen again. We were in a relegation dog fight and I feel that we lost points because of this. Consequently, we lost the battle and got relegated. So next season do we have the right as everyone else seemed to this year too cancel games through a little rain, as we all seemed to get out on the pitch and play while everyone else sat at home with their slippers on with a warm coco. Before anyone says it, I know that we may have not stayed up if we did get the weekend games, just feel that we would have stood more of a fighting chance seeming we could be bothered to get all our games played on time.

Also twice during the season when games were called off for so called waterlogged pitch I personal went along anyway and had a look even had a bit of a kick about on one of the pitches which ball ran and bounced fine on, not dangerous in any way. These teams know who they are but hey ho. Nothing can be done about it. Bring on next season down in Mining 3.

Guest red_rocket

So we have Jeff and Marksy....together you are just embarassments to your teams.

Now CSM understand the constraints of midweek games...unbelievably students have lives to....have you tried sitting in a library all morning learning to follow that up with a three hour exam and then ninety minutes of football? I'm going to put it out there as not ideal! There are also constraints where CSM are concerned, having played a few games ourselves with only 11 men. Everyone finds these games hard but at the end of the day CSM fulfil what CSM are meant to....CSM are committed to the league and as such do not go moaning to them every two minutes.

Jeff I totally understand your point about people get agitated because we are doing well and I respect your position.....but Marksy I think zed_earll shut you up big time! At the end of the day Marksy you are acting like a baby...throwing your toys out the pram because you didn't get what you wanted...the league!

Marksy....last point...."Trouble is waterboy every team throughout the season when csm werent available felt like you boys do only difference is you lot arent around so we didnt need to turn up."........really!?! is that proper English.....im going to say no!

Red Rocket very original i must say another muppet hiding behind a name, first of all if they cant cope with studies and then playing, simple {dont play}Needless to say i dont think any of them have mentioned that, are u going out with a csm boy or something {im starting to understand your love for the red rocket honey. As for being a baby and throwing toys are you on about me or you is it because you couldnt get in my team or something RR. I THOUGHT THIS SUBJECT HAD BEEN SAID AND DONE BUT OBVIOUSLY NOT? Now as previously stated on different occasions CSM should play the season as we all play the season every week, however as we are all very well aware they cannot, my gripe as stated is playing two games in three weeks against these with no players and in my opinion the season should have already been over.We could not play everyone we wished to for reasons of work holidays etc.etc. sour grapes yep definately. How many of your team mates players who ever you are go on there summer holidays in say november very few. :angry2: I would be amazed RR if you could give me any info that was worth listening to but feel free to put your next bit on or pm me and we could have a formal chat or you could light the touch paper and see how far you get ,oh no wait i think i did that :blink: PS it must be daunting sitting in a library all morning if it applies to you RR look on the bright side theres some consolation my tax is paying for you to sit there :huh: :SM_carton:

in the library all day, having exams and then playing 90 mins vs working all day then playing 90 mins.

Thats why we want to play on Saturdays, but we cant cos ur on study break!

Hopefully this situation will be resolved when the leagues merge, there is no point raising it at the AGM with this happening next year.

The facts are

a league exists for University and College teams, set up with breaks at the same time as holidays. (and yes I know the travel and cost implications as I do it every Wednesday!)

a league should not have any differences/ allowences for any team, no matter who they are, my team, titans, CSM etc!

The league should be set to two deadlines, first weekend of Sept start and last weekend in April end with cricket the dates in between.

in the library all day, having exams and then playing 90 mins vs working all day then playing 90 mins.

Thats why we want to play on Saturdays, but we cant cos ur on study break!

Hopefully this situation will be resolved when the leagues merge, there is no point raising it at the AGM with this happening next year.

The facts are

a league exists for University and College teams, set up with breaks at the same time as holidays. (and yes I know the travel and cost implications as I do it every Wednesday!)

a league should not have any differences/ allowences for any team, no matter who they are, my team, titans, CSM etc!

The league should be set to two deadlines, first weekend of Sept start and last weekend in April end with cricket the dates in between.

Well said FDO as always, would stop and chat more but i must get these books back its a 50p fine you know :yahoo:

• 4 weeks later...