Cornwall Football Forum

Mike Stevens AKA The General

After a 24 year association with Gulval I have finally given in to the forces of modern living and resigned my official standing at the club. Work and personal commitments have finally made it impossible to do justice to the club and its players.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all those in the local football community that have helped me over the years, and have made my enjoyment that much more special.

I have had the pleasure of playing with and against many great characters and some very good players whilst at Gulval and my one season at Marazion Combination and have very few regrets.

I leave the club in the very good hands of a new Chairman Dan French and of course my good friend Rhonnda Mitchell a man who pesonifies Gulval and all it stands for.

Rob Gall is taking over as First Team Manager after his success last year, with Rhonnda once more holding the reigns of the Reserves.

I wish them both the very best of luck in the coming season, and am sure my beloved Gulval will go from strength to strength.

AD Metam

PS Nice of the Cornishman to lift the story from the forum. Big Brother is watching!

Would like to wish you all the best Mike. Had some great games on and off the pitch over the years and the Mining league will not be the same without you. More than likely see you somewhere on my travels. One of the gents of junior football.

I think darren and neal have said it all . always enjoyed our games against each other mate and our times in the select side playing alongside each other . you were a honest centre half and a captain that won things for your club and the league . all the best for the future mate . :clapper:

• 4 weeks later...