Cornwall Football Forum

Edgcumbe F.C.

Guest Skippy8

Guest Skippy8

With Edgcumbe having their last game tommorrow albeit it to be fitting to be playing Millbrook at Mill Park, the place Edgcumbe will share with them next season I thought I would take a minute to reflect on their gaffas last two years before he leaves.

Ryan Goddard will hopefully steer them to a win tommorrow and sit the team in a final position of third in their first season in ECL1 which is a massive move forward for the club.

Let alone he managed them to the league and cup double in the Duchy Premier last term.

Ryan has bent over backwards to make it possible for the team to play this season by finding a pitch at short notice and all this with losing two big players to Torpoint Reseves and still possibly finishing third just a few points away from promotion!

I will be the first to shake his hand tommorrow and thank him for leaving me such an array of talent when I take over next season.

I wish him the best of luck and I know he will be keeping an eye on our future results.

With that I can't wait to work with the squad pre-season and building a positive good working and social relationship with Millbrook F.C. who I thank whole heartedly for giving us the oppotunity to use such good facilities.

Neill Williams

Guest Skippy8

He's had his stint there and is going to have a rest from it as he has put so much into it he just can't do it anymore.

I am a former player of Edgcumbe and I can't progress with Torpoint even if we ever won the league!!

It's a massive oppotunity with them and they can keep going with noone to hold them back with the added bonus of a great squad and a good friend that happens to be a very successful businessman that is going to takeover as Chairman and Treasurer, the world is our oyster!!!!

It's hard not to take such an oppotunity would you not say???

Not forgetting having facilities at Millbrook, I think even Mourinhio would consider it!!!

Guest Skippy8

Thanks Dave, Millbrook have had a great last third of their season and it will be atight contest today along with this sun beating down I'm sure il lose a few pounds today so I will be nice and trim for it!!!!(really I here Garf say)!!

It won't be long before he's negative towards me, it must be a love to hate relationship he has for me!!

Have to echo Neill's words in that I think Ryan has done a great job since he joined the club. Managing a football team is hard enough, but managing your mates is even harder and he has done a top job in that respect. He was exactly what the club needed 2 years ago, brought some discipline and organisation to the squad, and despite being in hospital for a period over the season to win the double last year was a great achievement. He has done a lot of work behind the scenes to get us a pitch this season, and although it isnt great it did the job.

Really looking forward to playing under Neill next season, hopefully able to take the club to the next level with promotion to the ecpl.

Guest MAFC-rb

good move neil, best of luck for next season (not todays game lol) im sure you will rebuild the relationship down millbrook and progress in to the ECPL Prem next season

Guest edgcumbetillidie

I'd like to say a few words about Ryan aswell, although they are in the same mould as Neils and Maccas.

What he accomplished with us in the 2 years he was here was fantastic, and i dont think people realise the work he put in to get us a pitch for this season. I know certain teams havnt been happy with it but it could have been no pitch and Ryan has to be thanked for that.

Being in and out of hospital a couple of times couldnt have been easy, but Ryan was still organising from his hospital bed making sure that games were organised properly and everything was in place, when i know so many other people in that situation wouldnt have bothered.

Getting personal, I have to thank Ryan, I have been missing from football for the best part of a year and a half through injury and Ryan has always kept me in the loop, checking up on my injury and recently asking if i was available for games. I know other people wouldve ignored people like me and given up, but Ryan has always insisted that i still had a place in the squad.

Thanks go to Ryan for everything he as done, and at the same time we look onwards and upwards with Neil, and the new groundshare with Millbrook, where i am sure the issues at the end of last season have ironed themselves out between the two clubs and we will form an excellent relationship for the good of the clubs.

For me, i look forward to getting myself back inshape (awful lot of work to be done there!) and forcing myself back into the team, and i feel its exciting times for Edgcumbe FC.

Good to see the Spaletti era end with a win over Millbrook yesterday. Thanks Ryan!

You tell me!!! There is always a little dig at me when you post on anything I write!!!!

Ha ha ha you have a dig at everyone that disagree's with you on here ha ha ha ha. Anyway bud go carefull when you play in the Charity match, don't want you falling over and banging your head. You might wake up thinking that your managing Edgcumbe next season!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Guest Skippy8

tho garth least if we go up we can beat edgcume twice again like we did when they were at torpoint! :thumbsup: and will need more and that stacy to try take me out im use to all that cos wouldnt play in goal els! and :yahoo::smiley20:

Are you on this planet?????

That's Torpoint you beat twice in the league not Edgcumbe which meant nothing as we both didn't win the league and I'm sure we beat you in the final to win some silverware, something you couldn't manage!!!!!

Garf I'm living the dream others would envy!!!!!!

tho garth least if we go up we can beat edgcume twice again like we did when they were at torpoint! :thumbsup: and will need more and that stacy to try take me out im use to all that cos wouldnt play in goal els! and :yahoo::smiley20:

That's Torpoint you beat twice in the league not Edgcumbe which meant nothing as we both didn't win the league and I'm sure we beat you in the final to win some silverware, something you couldn't manage!!!!!

reali? who would envy it?

reali? who would envy it?

To be fair to Skippity do da if he pulls a few from Torpoint and with what Edgcumbe have got they could be very strong next season. We did win silverware, beating a very good Kilkhampton who have applied for East Cornwall. Oh and just missed out on winning the league by 1 point, only if you lot could have beaten St Teath once. :angry2:

Guest Skippy8

I bet you picked the ball out the back of the net enough then!!!

Garf you can't count that, not every team were included!!! My lot won a pub quiz, can I add that, hahaha, mickey mouse!

Il miss this next year with you!

Garf you can't count that, not every team were included!!! My lot won a pub quiz, can I add that, hahaha, mickey mouse!

not realy i no i only picked the ball out net 3 times out 10 games this year for gunni!

Mate the one we both wanted got away, would never say Mickey Mouse to any cup they are all there to be won.Would be dissrespectful to other teams in them to say that.

Bloody hell skippy we get to do it all over again,we wont be in there to make up the numbers should be interesting,all last years squad staying including Steve Ovens.Will be nice to see bigdawg again look forward to the banter.

Looking forward to next year already Kitbag, I have no doubts you boys will be straight in challenging at the top, think its no coincidence that the top 3 this season have all been sides promoted from the duchy prem in the past 2 seasons - shows how strong thats been in the past few years as well. It's a tough league in the sense that if you play badly you rarely win, which is good as it keeps you on your toes, unfortunately we learnt that the hard way this season which probably cost us promotion (similar to Boro last season).

Bloody hell skippy we get to do it all over again,we wont be in there to make up the numbers should be interesting,all last years squad staying including Steve Ovens.Will be nice to see bigdawg again look forward to the banter.

Be nice to beat you three times again next season Will ha ha ha. Hello Boys i'm Back!

Guest Skippy8

You will have to find someone else to annoy next season mate as I lock horns with Will you will have to find a new sparring partner in the Duchy Premier!!!

You will have to find someone else to annoy next season mate as I lock horns with Will you will have to find a new sparring partner in the Duchy Premier!!!

Locking horns with you and my six fingered friend next season bud. Game on eh! :yahoo:

Guest Skippy8

You've been at the bottle again!!! How many times do you have to be told, Gunni did not get promoted!!!!

You really should ease of the malt!!!

You've been at the bottle again!!! How many times do you have to be told, Gunni did not get promoted!!!!

You really should ease of the malt!!!

Ha ha ha nope had to work tonight bud, so i am sat here with nothing better to do than read what's going on! How did you get on to-day hope you didn't let Duchy down. :unsure:

Guest MAFC-rb

Getton this is hilarious, bitch this bitch that. Im gonna have to watch this if im not playing and see who really gets bragging rights

Guest Skippy8

Might be an idea to find out who Garf is managing first!!! It's probably a wind up anyway, can't understand why he won't say??!!!

Might be an idea to find out who Garf is managing first!!! It's probably a wind up anyway, can't understand why he won't say??!!!

At the moment i can't mate, but believe me you will the first to know. Got our presentation on friday will find out what the lads want to do next season. Will make my decision then, but the two Kelly's, Tom and a few others are off next season so going to have to have a chat with them.The only good thing is i know they will not go East Cornwall.

Guest Skippy8

New Torpoint Duchy manager???? Why is it good they won't go ECL ? Surely a step up is a step forward as they are all young lads???

New Torpoint Duchy manager???? Why is it good they won't go ECL ? Surely a step up is a step forward as they are all young lads???

Think it's because the East Cornwall committee obviously don't believe that they are good enough to play in that league. Agree that they should step up.

• 2 weeks later...