Cornwall Football Forum

Manager Needed- Portreath AFC

Guest Bundiwilliams

Guest Bundiwilliams

First Off-

Manager stats for Alan Williams- Played 36 lost 36

Portreath AFC have sacked manager Alan Williams!!!! Club Secretary Alan Williams released a statement today 'Portreath have had a tough season this year, not getting results means the club is now faced with relegation into junior football, i believe these results are a result of poor managerial decisions and having to depend on a inexperianced manager in a league way above his players capability'

Portreath have two remaining games in senior football a long trip down to st.just on saturday and a trip to league leaders illogan on the 29th.

It hasnt been officially announced yet but relegation is a certainty and something that in the long run is the best thing for portreath football, the club achieved great things within junior football winning several trophies including the junior cup, but have rocketed up the leagues at a speed that meant the club became to big too quick and had very weak foundations, so when things went bad we hit rock bottom straight away.

Portreath AFC requires a manager for next season, the club will be entering either mining league division one or fal/hels 1.

The club have secured sponsorship for next season for new kit etc, all the club requires now is a dedicated manager to come in and give the club some leadership and direction forward. we will be playing our home games at Clijah Playing fields.

i have confirmed that 90% of the squad will remain at the club and afew new faces coming in and obviously a new manager coming in will also bring in new faces.

If you fancy a challenge at a friendly club with a great history then all you need to do is PM me on here for a chat or Call me on 01209214169 leave a message and i will be more than happy to call you back and discuss the club further.

i would also like to take this oppertunity to thank all the players at the club for staying with the club this year through tough times and like to reassure them that next year they will be rewarded for all there effort they put in this year.

Portreath AFC is a friendly club with a great history, so please feel free to ask any question, whether your interested in becoming manager, playing next year, offering any help what so ever.

roll on next year, back to junior football and ready to re-ignite all the rivalries we had with clubs in the past, look forward to seeing some old faces who i havent seen in afew years.

JUNIOR FOOTBALL PORTREATH ARE BACK IN TOWN, WATCH THIS SPACE

First Off-

Manager stats for Alan Williams- Played 36 lost 36

Portreath AFC have sacked manager Alan Williams!!!! Club Secretary Alan Williams released a statement today 'Portreath have had a tough season this year, not getting results means the club is now faced with relegation into junior football, i believe these results are a result of poor managerial decisions and having to depend on a inexperianced manager in a league way above his players capability'

Portreath have two remaining games in senior football a long trip down to st.just on saturday and a trip to league leaders illogan on the 29th.

It hasnt been officially announced yet but relegation is a certainty and something that in the long run is the best thing for portreath football, the club achieved great things within junior football winning several trophies including the junior cup, but have rocketed up the leagues at a speed that meant the club became to big too quick and had very weak foundations, so when things went bad we hit rock bottom straight away.

Portreath AFC requires a manager for next season, the club will be entering either mining league division one or fal/hels 1.

The club have secured sponsorship for next season for new kit etc, all the club requires now is a dedicated manager to come in and give the club some leadership and direction forward. we will be playing our home games at Clijah Playing fields.

i have confirmed that 90% of the squad will remain at the club and afew new faces coming in and obviously a new manager coming in will also bring in new faces.

If you fancy a challenge at a friendly club with a great history then all you need to do is PM me on here for a chat or Call me on 01209214169 leave a message and i will be more than happy to call you back and discuss the club further.

i would also like to take this oppertunity to thank all the players at the club for staying with the club this year through tough times and like to reassure them that next year they will be rewarded for all there effort they put in this year.

Portreath AFC is a friendly club with a great history, so please feel free to ask any question, whether your interested in becoming manager, playing next year, offering any help what so ever.

roll on next year, back to junior football and ready to re-ignite all the rivalries we had with clubs in the past, look forward to seeing some old faces who i havent seen in afew years.

JUNIOR FOOTBALL PORTREATH ARE BACK IN TOWN, WATCH THIS SPACE

Bundi congratulations to you and Portreath Football club on keeping it going this season in the face of some horrible results Your club must be applauded and all your players for sticking through it when many (myself included) felt you may not have been existance at the end of May so well done and I'm sure you and your loyal players will bounce back next season in whatever league you may grace.

Hi Bundi

I have to echo Neil's post, the two games against (Troon) you showed a willingness and togetherness to play the game in the right spirit, I for one doubted if you would fulfil your fixtures but you have to be applauded that you have completed the season. The efforts of the players and the management of Portreath AFC is commendable, I wish you well in your recruitment of a new manager and for the season 2010/11.

Not my patch but I commend everyone at Portreath for seeing the job through. I've been watching results and comments throughout the season and have felt for the players and the management team. Many years ago the club I played for were in similar straits, we pulled through and with everything being taken into account; so will Portreath. Well done Bundiwilliams and everyone who pulled on the shirt.

Bundi, I would just like to make a simple comment, your club is very lucky to have someone like you as there secretary? and also your players who have showed great sportsmanship going out most weeks and taking a pounding, I am sorry it is effectively Pendeen that is getting you relegated as well of course having poor results, on another year you would have probably been safe for another season and given time i'm sure you could have strenthened your side, best of luck for this coming season, maybe we can arrange a pre-season friendly during the summer.

First of all I agree with the comments made and congratulate Portreath for actually being in existence and I would say well done to all the players and staff at the club

Not wanting to put a dampner on things and I do not know Alan Williams personally but those comments are a little harsh don’t you think and you have not even thanked the chap for staying a whole season when things were tough, I can only go by what I have seen in the papers and on the forum but surely some credit has to go to him for not only taking the job when from what I have seen no one else wanted it and also for sticking the season out when he could have walked away anytime

Surely whoever appointed him should also shoulder some of the blame, Lets face it if you had gone half a season without winning a game then maybe the club should have looked at things and brought in someone fresh who may also have bought in a few extra players

Good luck to Portreath next season and I do hope things get better for you from now on

Guest Bundiwilliams

First of all I agree with the comments made and congratulate Portreath for actually being in existence and I would say well done to all the players and staff at the club

Not wanting to put a dampner on things and I do not know Alan Williams personally but those comments are a little harsh don’t you think and you have not even thanked the chap for staying a whole season when things were tough, I can only go by what I have seen in the papers and on the forum but surely some credit has to go to him for not only taking the job when from what I have seen no one else wanted it and also for sticking the season out when he could have walked away anytime

Surely whoever appointed him should also shoulder some of the blame, Lets face it if you had gone half a season without winning a game then maybe the club should have looked at things and brought in someone fresh who may also have bought in a few extra players

Good luck to Portreath next season and I do hope things get better for you from now on

please read my origianl post---- i am alan williams, at present i am manager, secretary and treasurer. it was me that sacked myself lol

As already pm to you Bundi congratulations on fielding and fulfilling those fixtures to see it out comes with the highest regards from me as a manager i would not have reached november it has to of been extremely frustrating yet in a funny way watching you guys lose 4-2 to st day and battling like hell very rewarding, well done to you all.

This coming Saturday Portreath are at Illogan who by then will probably be League Champions.

I hope in all the celebrations some people there will praise Portreath for their season, even if it has been a horror story.

Clubs have folded this season for lack of money, cash, management, committee, etc but Portreath have stuck through it to finish the season.

After the match there will be pride/joy in the Illogan dressing room but in the away changing room there will be great sadness on being relegated but lads in my opinion hold your heads up with pride for finishing the season at all.

Guest Bundiwilliams

This coming Saturday Portreath are at Illogan who by then will probably be League Champions.

I hope in all the celebrations some people there will praise Portreath for their season, even if it has been a horror story.

Clubs have folded this season for lack of money, cash, management, committee, etc but Portreath have stuck through it to finish the season.

After the match there will be pride/joy in the Illogan dressing room but in the away changing room there will be great sadness on being relegated but lads in my opinion hold your heads up with pride for finishing the season at all.

thankyou

i can promise everyone there wont be one sad face in our changing room after saturday, there will be players with smiles so big, it will be a pleasure to get this season over and done with, it feels like it has lasted years not months!!!!

i hope we get to play on saturday, i have 62 players signed on and because we are facing the champions everyone seems to be unavaliable lol