Cornwall Football Forum

Manager Needed- Portreath AFC

Guest Bundiwilliams

Guest Bundiwilliams

First Off-

Manager stats for Alan Williams- Played 36 lost 36

Portreath AFC have sacked manager Alan Williams!!!! Club Secretary Alan Williams released a statement today 'Portreath have had a tough season this year, not getting results means the club is now faced with relegation into junior football, i believe these results are a result of poor managerial decisions and having to depend on a inexperianced manager in a league way above his players capability'

Portreath have two remaining games in senior football a long trip down to st.just on saturday and a trip to league leaders illogan on the 29th.

It hasnt been officially announced yet but relegation is a certainty and something that in the long run is the best thing for portreath football, the club achieved great things within junior football winning several trophies including the junior cup, but have rocketed up the leagues at a speed that meant the club became to big too quick and had very weak foundations, so when things went bad we hit rock bottom straight away.

Portreath AFC requires a manager for next season, the club will be entering either mining league division one or fal/hels 1.

The club have secured sponsorship for next season for new kit etc, all the club requires now is a dedicated manager to come in and give the club some leadership and direction forward. we will be playing our home games at Clijah Playing fields.

i have confirmed that 90% of the squad will remain at the club and afew new faces coming in and obviously a new manager coming in will also bring in new faces.

If you fancy a challenge at a friendly club with a great history then all you need to do is PM me on here for a chat or Call me on 01209214169 leave a message and i will be more than happy to call you back and discuss the club further.

i would also like to take this oppertunity to thank all the players at the club for staying with the club this year through tough times and like to reassure them that next year they will be rewarded for all there effort they put in this year.

Also special mention for BILLY down at culdrose, great guy made us feel really welcome there and also the gentleman down at Penzance club house, was the nicest guy around made us feel really welcome.