Cornwall Football Forum

Guest Skippy8

No names are being talked about yet but I hope someone comes in soon to give some certainty to the players of their future before they start looking elsewhere!!!

A great bunch of lads that need a good man at the helm!!!!

they do deserve a top manager in and hopefully deliver the league title they have been craving for so long but haven't quite been able to reach. A name i have heard and personally think would do well is their former south western league full back robbie collins, has anyone else heard this?

they do deserve a top manager in and hopefully deliver the league title they have been craving for so long but haven't quite been able to reach. A name i have heard and personally think would do well is their former south western league full back robbie collins, has anyone else heard this?

Robbie Collins? Does he go by the nick name 'Fingers'. Iv not heard of another Robbie!!!!

Robbie Collins? Does he go by the nick name 'Fingers'. Iv not heard of another Robbie!!!!

not sure if fingers has ever played south western football as offside stated!!! given time could turn out to be a good coach tho.

no, willo still plays. rob collins, he played for the 1st team when phil cardew was manager, had a season in the 2nd's a couple of years back as well. i take it that it's just a rumour though anyway?

Roger Collins i think he is called

I heard a whisper that Dean Cardew was possibly taking over in a player manager role with the help from Darren Wills?

Wouldnt be the worst appointment, the 3rd team would probably become a proper feeder team for the seconds then and Deano will get the management experience before taking over from Ricky in a couple of years.

I heard a whisper that Dean Cardew was possibly taking over in a player manager role with the help from Darren Wills?

Wouldnt be the worst appointment, the 3rd team would probably become a proper feeder team for the seconds then and Deano will get the management experience before taking over from Ricky in a couple of years.

Before this rumour gets out of hand ive got no interest in going into management not now or ever,might do the 'bucket' for ricky at some stage(just to get out of the house on a saturday) Would like to think i could carry on playing next season for the ecpl side anyway,willsy.

Hey its only a rumour i've heard didnt think there was much in it as the guy who told me had had a few!! Both still obviously capable of playing on after another great season at Torpoint but I can see Deano as management material in the future for sure.

so we got Roger or Robbie Collins what ever he's called,Dean Cardew and Darren Wills not one of them with any management experiance between them!! who ever come's in is in for a tough time with all the better players moving with the old manager to edgecombe!

Guest Dean Cardew

Bigdawg is right, i do fancy management, but not yet! Willsy, i'd have thought that since you've recently had you're 44th birthday you may fancy it????

So bushjumper u have to have managerial experience to manage a duchy side? The former Torpoint manager didnt and he did a good job this season winning the cup, and our manager at Edgcumbe won the double last year with no managerial experience at all - in a very good league!!! I think the names mentioned have enough experience in football to go straight in and run a ecpl side to be honest, even if they dont fancy it at this moment in time (or not at all in Willsys case).

Bigdawg is right, i do fancy management, but not yet! Willsy, i'd have thought that since you've recently had you're 44th birthday you may fancy it????

Willsy...44?...and there's me thinking he was...50! :o:thumbsup:

Haha thanks for that kev,mind you i do feel 50 when i try getting out of bed on a sunday morning after a game on a saturday.