Cornwall Football Forum

St Teath Champions??

Let us know bud as soon as you do, cheers.

Just had it confirmed. gunni 1-1 looe. St teath champs. gunni scored first five minutes, looe equalised last five minutes. sorry its a bit of a vague match report best i could get. who cares anyway, deserved champions

Guest Skippy8

Great!!! They definatley deserved it, they are the best side we(Torpoint) played all season. Obviously Gunni had to much on their plate and they ended up with nothing!!!!

Well done Will, happy for you mate!!!

Thanks Maddog

Gunni dominated the 1st half and could have been 4 up at the break, but had to settle for 1 after some heroics from Looe's stand in keeper Wes Garaghon.

Nerves got the better of Gunni 2nd half and they created very little of note and Looe always looked to hit them on the break, without really threatening. A scrappy late Looe goal celebrated by looe and St Teath alike.

Gunni dominated the 1st half and could have been 4 up at the break, but had to settle for 1 after some heroics from Looe's stand in keeper Wes Garaghon.

Nerves got the better of Gunni 2nd half and they created very little of note and Looe always looked to hit them on the break, without really threatening. A scrappy late Looe goal celebrated by looe and St Teath alike.

I would say tht summed the game up well, missed our chances n were punished 4 it late on, very gutted to only have lost on the open day of our season n not win the league but thts football.

Well done St Teath on winning the league

Guest Ex Pro Footballer

I would say tht summed the game up well, missed our chances n were punished 4 it late on, very gutted to only have lost on the open day of our season n not win the league but thts football.

Well done St Teath on winning the league

Gunni should of won, what a poor standard of football tho!

Would agree with Skippy8 St Teath are the best team we have played this season along with Fowey who i thought had a few decent player's.

Well done to St Teath on an entralling campaign :smiley20:

Thanks garf and skippy,enjoyed all the contests this year,was pretty emotoinal at the end, i really believed that we where the best team this year, and deserved to win the league.As you know i am part of the duchy league committee these days and i can assure all of you that i will continue in that role as long as the league wish me to.Torpoint ,Gunni AND ALL OF THE TEAMS INVOLVED CAN BE PROUD OF THE EFFORTS THEY HAVE PUT IN THIS YEAR.I found it hard to talk yo the gunni players tonight but i will contact all the ones i know in the next coulple of days,i think all of us have made new friends this year and that must be a good thing for eveyone involved.The game was not the best as the ex pro has said ,but overall the standard has been high all season,look at the players who have turned out this season ,and you can see that this league is a lot stronger than you think.The management committee of the duchy league are to make a couple of annocements during the close season that i hope will encourage everyone at that level,this really is grass routes football and St Teath afc will continue to surrport it in every way.

The gunni lads where superb after the game tonight well done lads best of luck for the coming season.

Guest Flintstone

Thanks garf and skippy,enjoyed all the contests this year,was pretty emotoinal at the end, i really believed that we where the best team this year, and deserved to win the league.As you know i am part of the duchy league committee these days and i can assure all of you that i will continue in that role as long as the league wish me to.Torpoint ,Gunni AND ALL OF THE TEAMS INVOLVED CAN BE PROUD OF THE EFFORTS THEY HAVE PUT IN THIS YEAR.I found it hard to talk yo the gunni players tonight but i will contact all the ones i know in the next coulple of days,i think all of us have made new friends this year and that must be a good thing for eveyone involved.The game was not the best as the ex pro has said ,but overall the standard has been high all season,look at the players who have turned out this season ,and you can see that this league is a lot stronger than you think.The management committee of the duchy league are to make a couple of annocements during the close season that i hope will encourage everyone at that level,this really is grass routes football and St Teath afc will continue to surrport it in every way.

The gunni lads where superb after the game tonight well done lads best of luck for the coming season.

Well done to St. Teath on the championship and bad luck to Gunnislake,two good sides to officiate at and I wish them both the best of luck next season what ever division you are in.Even though it would not hurt the league if Both St. Teath and Gunnislake went up as they are both capable of doing well in the higher league.

:drink::yahoo: good luck to you both :yahoo: :drink:

I dont participate too much these days but in this case i have to.

A massive congratulations to St.Teath AFC players and committee especially Willy, who has put so much effort in not only assembling a fine team but for all the work he has done on the ground to ensure that promotion would be a formality if they won the league.

They have a team we some exceptionally good players the envy of many teams in higher leagues, and any team scoring over 100 goals and only conceding 16 are worthy champions, it say a lot for Gunnislake that it went to the last game of the season. It is a very good league with many good players.

Good luck to Willy and St.Teath next season.

Well Done Will & All at St Teath

Although I feel gutted for our lads especially as they should have won last night, the best team always win the league whatever the standard you play at, so congratulations on your achievement and enjoy your celebrations.

We kept it honest to the end and showed how strong the Duchy Premier is and I inc Torpoint in that, along with Saltash as I believe they have a great young setup there and Fowey. Im sure you will remember all the daft posting at the start of the season where it was thought in some quarters that yourselves or Torpoint would walk away with it leaving us all in your wake, we gave you all a good run! I hope your guys stick together and have a real go at the teams in East Cornwall next year. I know from my time managing in there last year that your guys will be pushing for promotion at the 1st attempt.

To all the Gunny lads thanks for a great season its been a ball and a pleasure to work with. Thanks for your efforts, couldnt of asked for better bunch of guys to represent the club.

Roll on the presentation :smiley20::drink::drink::yahoo::yahoo::smiley20::wacko::wacko:

Sammo

Thanks Sammo,luck was with us for once last night,you certainly should have won the game but all credit to looe town they battled for there lives hopefully now they can rebuild and put once again be a force to be reckoned with.It has been a pleasure to be involved for the last couple of years i think that the duchy league has once again been put on the map,and i know that all of us are keen to make sure that it continues to provide a good standard of football for everyone at Grass Roots level.

BLACKIE,your comments mean a lot to me you are surely one of the most respected people in cornish football and i enjoyed my time at Wadebridge working with you.Mr Black is welcome at ST TEATH any time he wishes to visit,i know that the lads that played for you in the sww league that are currently with us all feel the same,thanks mate.

thanks for geting me in sammo wish i went beging the session when u asked me insted off me geting shit on once again! coulda been a total diffrent end to the session well gutted couldnt play the last few games cos of my injury but thats football! realy enjoyed my time there at the games i played grate bunch off lads there! gd luck to st teeth think they will do well nxt year in the eeast cornwall! :clapper: :thumbsup:

Been shit upon....that's good coming from you big man. They say what goes around comes around!!!!

You should of stayed at Gunni in the 1st place instead of moving around, youve had more clubs than a golfer.

You are a good keeper and Garf,Tim and Sammo are good for you so stop jumping ship and start playing at a good level and you will get back to being a quality keeper again adsie.

Good luck.

p.s you owe me a pint still :drink:

thanks for geting me in sammo wish i went beging the session when u asked me insted off me geting shit on once again! coulda been a total diffrent end to the session well gutted couldnt play the last few games cos of my injury but thats football! realy enjoyed my time there at the games i played grate bunch off lads there! gd luck to st teeth think they will do well nxt year in the eeast cornwall! :clapper::thumbsup:

Ad's where the hell did you go to school ha ha.

Sammo explain the username, your right about Saltash good young side, and hopefully our lot will have learn't a lot this season with the high's and low's to become stronger for the experience. Proud of you lads. :D

thanks for geting me in sammo wish i went beging the session when u asked me insted off me geting shit on once again! coulda been a total diffrent end to the session well gutted couldnt play the last few games cos of my injury but thats football! realy enjoyed my time there at the games i played grate bunch off lads there! gd luck to st teeth think they will do well nxt year in the eeast cornwall! :clapper::thumbsup:

Sammo explain the username, your right about Saltash good young side, and hopefully our lot will have learn't a lot this season with the high's and low's to become stronger for the experience. Proud of you lads. :D

Jesus garf I thought a good Liverpool fan such as yourself would know what the name is! I let you think about it mate, ill tell you tomorrow night if you havent worked it out.

Cheers Adam thanks for the kind words but you know what you have to do now lad!

Sammo

Jesus garf I thought a good Liverpool fan such as yourself would know what the name is! I let you think about it mate, ill tell you tomorrow night if you havent worked it out.

Sammo

Sorry mate thought it said YMCA, just couldn't imagine you jumping around in black leathers ha! :SM_carton:

Sammo

Sorry mate thought it said YMCA, just couldn't imagine you jumping around in black leathers ha! :SM_carton:

Hahaha Young Man!