Cornwall Football Forum

Ben Stidwell

Just a quick message to wish Falmouth Town's Ben Stidwell a speedy recovery with his broken knee. Ben suffered the injury playing for Porthleven reserves against St Anges in the week. Operated on yesterday and i believe all went well. Get well soon mate

He will be sorely missed for Town to start the the new season-does anyone know the prognosis and how long he will out for?

Ben had my vote for supporters player of the season.

Broken Knee? How does that work? Dunno the lad but wish him a speedy recovery, sounds nasty? Was it a tackle?

Ye Charlie will be good to see him back ! however he should take his time and make sure he is 100% fit he is still a young lad and at 19 has a great future in football.It would be easy but silly for him to rush back, so Ben take your time Falmouth will be waiting your return.

If I was on the committee or involved with the management/coaching team at Falmouth Town I'd naturally pass the player my get well wishes (and I hope he recovers soon), but I'd also be pretty hacked off that he sustained the injury playing for a different club. I appreciate that many players dual sign for different clubs - especially if they transfer during the season to a team in a different league and retain their registration with the previous club, but something about that doesn't seem to sit right with me. You either play for a CLUB or you don't. Surely that makes sense or is it just me? I would imagine he was playing in place of somebody who up until that point was regularly in the side? IF correct, isn't that a very short-term approach - especially at this stage of the season?