Cornwall Football Forum

St.Columb Major FC will continue next season. We have informed the East Cornwall League that we will not be seeking re-election and will drop into Duchy Premier. We have a new manager, Chris Bickley and look forward to a better season next year.

I would like to thank all who have supported the club during a very difficult season. Tony and Paul, our managers, Paul (Treasurer), Adam (Secretary), John (who does a fantastic job on the ground), and our ladies who do the teas and wash the kit (Midge, Ann and Linda). Also thanks to the rest of the committee and of course the playerswho had a few hidings but kept coming back to keep the club going.

Mike Higgins, Chairman, St.Columb Major FC.

Guest edgcumbetillidie

Mike,

Many thanks for the announcement. Glad to hear that St Columb Major are continuing, albeit dropping into Duchy Prem. Still an excellent league to play in mind.

I think it is so refreshing that your club and players continue to turn up and just want to play football despite not having the best season, when so many other clubs wouldnt bother.

The love of the game presides over the results and im sure i speak on behalf of everyone at Edgcumbe FC when i wish you all the best in Duchy Prem and for the future.

Mike,

Many thanks for the announcement. Glad to hear that St Columb Major are continuing, albeit dropping into Duchy Prem. Still an excellent league to play in mind.

I think it is so refreshing that your club and players continue to turn up and just want to play football despite not having the best season, when so many other clubs wouldnt bother.

The love of the game presides over the results and im sure i speak on behalf of everyone at Edgcumbe FC when i wish you all the best in Duchy Prem and for the future.

May I endorse the previous posting and wish St Columb Major every success in the lower league.Credit to all the active workers and players, keep it up.Playing and enjoying is the essential of the game.