Cornwall Football Forum

KO Cup Final 2010

Guest Skippy8

Guest Skippy8

Torpoint 2 Gunnislake 1

Brian Stacey 2

Last night saw Torpoint finally pick up a winning trophy in there 10 year existence!

Many runners up medals have come our way but never a winner untill now.

Great game to be in and well done to my boys last night, you worked your shirts off for each other and it finally paid off, get in there!!!!

Torpoint 2 Gunnislake 1

Brian Stacey 2

Last night saw Torpoint finally pick up a winning trophy in there 10 year existence!

Many runners up medals have come our way but never a winner untill now.

Great game to be in and well done to my boys last night, you worked your shirts off for each other and it finally paid off, get in there!!!!

Congratulations 2 Torpoint 4 last nite, think u boys had the luck needed to win the final and the long ball game worked well 4 u last nite.

Good luck at egdcombe nxt season hope 2 meet u in east cornwall skippy8!!

Guest Skippy8

I think we were at 2 different games mate!!! Nothing got hoofed by our centrehalves I infact told them off for trying to play it out of our area to often!!

To say Steve Todd would route 1 it is a bit insulting( no.4 long blonde hair), as he is easily the best footballing centrehalf in the league!!!

watched last nights game and must admit I was impressed with your number 4, best player on the pitch for me. played more like a composed central midfielder than a centre back.

thought gunni had the better of the first half, but didnt do enough to trouble torpoint in the second half. thought that their number 8 (chris holt), left back, and boy up top (jaryd i think) all looked good players. however they overplayed the long ball game which played into your hands somewhat.

dubious penalty won it; probably was a hand ball but from where i was it looked like the centre back couldnt do an awful lot about it.

torpoint probably deserved the win though, congrats.

Guest Skippy8

I will agree with you there apart from the penalty cos if you raise your arm onto a goal bound shot then there is no option but to give a pen, and thanks.

We wised up to Gunni's long ball after they beat us last time and we weren't gonna let that happen again!! They are avery good side with some talented players in but I feel they waste their ability by going route 1! But who am I to question they finished above us!

Guest Flintstone

This game was a very good advert for Duchy League football.

I thought that the wet surface kept the game interesting,

and I could quite happily of watched extra time! :P

Guest numero_uno

i think that gunni didnt deserve the win on the night but must agree with tom when he says that it wasnt a pen. not a bad game overall but torpoint did deserve to win it after missed chances in the first half and no real conviction in the 2nd by gunny players. however when you are faced with a keeper that cant catch a cold you should do better, although he did save a good shot in the 2nd half. Torpoint also had more than winning the ball in mind, as every challenege always brought an extra kick out or dirty play, countless elbows from Stacey and dirty late challenges on some of gunnys better players to interupt the flow of the game were a regular occurance, but thats what you get from that type of team, i dont mind hard physical football but dirty football players are cowards and alot of these players showed there true colours last night. Hopefully gunny will go on to win the league and silent all of the critics.

Guest Skippy8

What a load of crap!!!!!!

Two yellow cards were given to my players and that was by Dave Goldstone who was voted top referee in our league last year. Your basically calling him crap to of which you are so far from the truth as he was excellent last night!

As for calling my players thugs, you obviously don't know good footballers when there in front of you. And as for Stace he again let his feet do the talking so you can ram your bitter attitude and suck on his 49 goals this season!!!

And looking at your username your obviously a keeper, I didn't see you on the park last night so lay off my keeper He did us proud!

You have no idea son!!!

Guest numero_uno

What a load of crap!!!!!!

Two yellow cards were given to my players and that was by Dave Goldstone who was voted top referee in our league last year. Your basically calling him crap to of which you are so far from the truth as he was excellent last night!

As for calling my players thugs, you obviously don't know good footballers when there in front of you. And as for Stace he again let his feet do the talking so you can ram your bitter attitude and suck on his 49 goals this season!!!

And looking at your username your obviously a keeper, I didn't see you on the park last night so lay off my keeper He did us proud!

You have no idea son!!!

im afraid your wrong fella, stacey may have scored all those goals this season and there is no denying that he is quality but your teams discipline is poor and for everyone to see and yes the ref was poor in places last night but everyone has bad games. Why would i be bitter? i said that you deserved the win which you did. at the end of the day your team always leaves the foot in and they continue to get away with it. your keeper was poor just stating the facts. At the end of the day look at the league table thats what you wanted to win and have you got close to it ummmmmmm... i think not!!!

i think that gunni didnt deserve the win on the night but must agree with tom when he says that it wasnt a pen. not a bad game overall but torpoint did deserve to win it after missed chances in the first half and no real conviction in the 2nd by gunny players. however when you are faced with a keeper that cant catch a cold you should do better, although he did save a good shot in the 2nd half. Torpoint also had more than winning the ball in mind, as every challenege always brought an extra kick out or dirty play, countless elbows from Stacey and dirty late challenges on some of gunnys better players to interupt the flow of the game were a regular occurance, but thats what you get from that type of team, i dont mind hard physical football but dirty football players are cowards and alot of these players showed there true colours last night. Hopefully gunny will go on to win the league and silent all of the critics.

I thought tht we had the better of the chances in the 1st half, hittin the bar n one cleared off the line! torpoint had alot of chances in the 2nd half n deserved 2 win it as we didnt do enough in the 2nd half to win it. i can vouch 4 those late tackles as 3 were on me n i ave different sets of stud marks on my ankles n just below my knee but duno how many, if any, were intention

Guest Skippy8

I'm sure referees and other teams will state that we are not a dirty team because we are not. I don't doubt we are physical but that comes with the age and experience of my players, it is a mans game so i suggest you man up or go and play netball or something you won't brake a nail in. As we speak I am laid on my sofa with a black swollen ankle and had to take the day off work, am I complaining? No and I'm not bitching about being fouled or kicked off the ball cos it's part of the game!!

We keep getting away with what??? I suppose all refs are wrong and poor that ref us are they???

I think you forget Dave had two qualified refs running the line for him, isuppose they were poor as well???

Any way we are the champions and we won it fair and square, I'm happy to say!

Guest numero_uno

I'm sure referees and other teams will state that we are not a dirty team because we are not. I don't doubt we are physical but that comes with the age and experience of my players, it is a mans game so i suggest you man up or go and play netball or something you won't brake a nail in. As we speak I am laid on my sofa with a black swollen ankle and had to take the day off work, am I complaining? No and I'm not bitching about being fouled or kicked off the ball cos it's part of the game!!

We keep getting away with what??? I suppose all refs are wrong and poor that ref us are they???

I think you forget Dave had two qualified refs running the line for him, isuppose they were poor as well???

Any way we are the champions and we won it fair and square, I'm happy to say!

i didn't realise that getting kicked off the ball was a part of the game??? but i do think that says alot about yourself. As i have already stated everyone likes a physical game but there is a line and your team last night were constantly finding themselves over it with the ref and his assistants day dreaming in parts. i notice that you didnt put anything about the league must have had a valid point there. Again well done for the win and enjoy your day on the sofa haha

Guest Skippy8

No line pal your just a big Mary Ellen, I'm sure the league reps might have mentioned to me when I chatted with them after the game if we had a discipline problem but no they were again impressed with us yet again! So it's just you pal! We simply weren't good enough to win the league this year, finishing 3rd after an average season compared to our high standards is exceptable. We got pipped by a point last year and I'm afraid we weren't strong enough in depth!

Your abit cocky about the league, you haven't won anything yet, and I hope due to your mouth it comes back and bites you on the ass.

I'd rather see St. Teath win it as there a better footballing side!

Guest numero_uno

No line pal your just a big Mary Ellen, I'm sure the league reps might have mentioned to me when I chatted with them after the game if we had a discipline problem but no they were again impressed with us yet again! So it's just you pal! We simply weren't good enough to win the league this year, finishing 3rd after an average season compared to our high standards is exceptable. We got pipped by a point last year and I'm afraid we weren't strong enough in depth!

Your abit cocky about the league, you haven't won anything yet, and I hope due to your mouth it comes back and bites you on the ass.

I'd rather see St. Teath win it as there a better footballing side!

hahaha you do make me chuckle to myself, ass licking will get you everywhere with the reps as it did with the ref at times! keep going as you are and you will be tasting everything that comes out! i'm nothing to do with gunni just want to see them go up. They have played some good football this season and there a good local club with a good future ahead of them.

Guest Skippy8

You are a beaut! I'm sure you have nothing to do with Gunni!!!! Not!

You have shown you are a bad loser, no one agrees with you!

Didnt see anyone from Gunni on here moaning about the physical side of Torpoints game when you beat them twice in the league...funny what a defeat in the final does.

Got to say congrats to Torpoint on their win last night thought we dominated first half and them second. Its funny was going to come on here and say to Skippy8 not to mention our long ball game again after last night and i see it's already been mentioned ha ha.

Bigdawg i did complain to the refs at the time, if headbutting is part of football let the rest of us know eh, and leaving your foot in then we could all start off on a level playing field couldn't we.And as for playing with players nipples and their armpit hair yuk. Yes you know who you are Brian ha ha, just like to say though they are my type of team.

Nice one Garf!!! All the best for the league but I am in Kitbags corner!!!

Aw dont get the hump my son need you on my side can't do it without you, so you didn't really mean what you said last night?

Never mind i have survived this long without you, think i can do it again! :ninja:

Guest Flintstone

Nice one Garf!!! All the best for the league but I am in Kitbags corner!!!

Sounds like Saltash and Looe may get some unexpected support then? !! :P

Gentlemen I have been reading the posts that you have been putting up and having a right giggle at the friendly banter thats been going on. I was at the game and I really enjoyed it, it was a typical cup final. This is my opinion and mine alone, Torpoint did deserve the win but neither side were better than each other Gunni were the better side in the first half and had a fair few chances, Torpoint looked very leggy at the end of the half and I thought Gunni were going to come out in the second half and dominate the game,Which they failed to do, the penalty that won the game from where i was standing looked a bit harsh, but I was a good 70 yards away and Dave was on the spot in the right position so he had the best view to give it ( no real complaits from the players). In my opinion Ian Stephens had an out standing game for Torpoint just sat in front of the defence and controlled the Torpoint mid field and defence well, Neil Williams led a charmed life and how he wasn`t cautioned I don`t know, only Dave knows . Now on the subject of Torpoint being a dirty side this is a little bit Harsh, yes they are a physical side but so can be Gunni

, as I said earlier this is my opinion and mine alone, down to Brian Stacey is he a dirty player or just physical, well having reffed Brian on several occasions in the south western league , east cornwall league and duchy I think he is neither just clever , he knows how to wind the opposition up and is clever enough not to get caught . Yes he will leave the odd foot or arm in and make the opponent know he is there, but dirty no. He will test the water early in a game to see what the ref is all about even though I have reffed him many times he still tries it on early on in the game but if the ref talks to him he will back off and get on with playing which he does extremely well. I have had reson to caution Brian on afew occasions and even had to dismiss him once but there is no bad feelings from him as i believe he finds it a occupational hazard if he is caught. take the caution he got in the final pure stupidty on his behave and if I was Kevin Court i would kick his ass for that , as it could of been quite costly if Mr Goldstone (dave) had reason to deal with him later. This is my oppinion anyway ..... Well done to Torpoint on wiining the cup and well done to Gunni for what seems to be a great season and I myself wish Gunni all the luck and would like to see them Champs .........Look forward to officating at both Torpoint and Gunnislake next season as I am always made to feel most welcome at both clubs.. GOOD LUCK LADS>> :drink: :smiley20:

Guest Skippy8

I knew you would be honest Ian!!! And yes your spot on about Stace but people forget how many defenders try and nobble him but as you know he gives as good as he gets and goes and sticks it in the net!

Yes I was a bit close to the wire on entering the book but Dave did warn me(Neill) that I was on my last warning to of which I toned it down. But to be fair it was my last game before I retire and just concentrate on managing, so I was desperate to finish with a win and the young lads I was playing against are abit nippier than my 35 year old legs so the challenges were that of an old man and no real malice!!!

Be great to have you ref my new team next year, Edgcumbe as I try and steer them to success!!!

I knew you would be honest Ian!!! And yes your spot on about Stace but people forget how many defenders try and nobble him but as you know he gives as good as he gets and goes and sticks it in the net!

Yes I was a bit close to the wire on entering the book but Dave did warn me(Neill) that I was on my last warning to of which I toned it down. But to be fair it was my last game before I retire and just concentrate on managing, so I was desperate to finish with a win and the young lads I was playing against are abit nippier than my 35 year old legs so the challenges were that of an old man and no real malice!!!

Be great to have you ref my new team next year, Edgcumbe as I try and steer them to success!!!

You taking the lad with the hairbandy thing?

Neil

Close to the wire is an understatment if you got any closer you would have strangled your self . I am sorry to hear that you are calling it a day as a player as we`ve had some good matches and always had a joke or two to share with each other .Good luck with Edgcumbe next Season and I will really look forward to coming down there and officiating next season.

Garf good luck with the rest of the season and my fingers and toes are well crossed for you, Hoping to see you Champions, as Steph Kelly will be grinning from ear to ear at central motors all summer I`m sure if you are sucessful.It will be great to see you in the east cornwall division one next season .

good luck to you all where ever you manage or play.

Ian.

Guest Skippy8

I can't talk about anybody at the moment mate as it is abit unfair to everyone involved with both clubs and I will wait till the season is well and truley over before I negotiate with any player but what I will say it has been a pleasure to play and manage with everyone of my players at Torpoint and wish them all the best in whatever they do next season, they are a credit to the club.

What's Jarryd Kelly doing next season?????

Guest Skippy8

Sorry Ian you wrote that as I was tapping away, yes I will miss the banter from yourself in the middle of the park but I'm sure your here me from the dugout all dignified and pleasant of course!!!! Your a top referee and bloke to go with it wether we win,lose or draw! Wish there were more like you.

Garf when I workout what these 7 day approaches are your probably here more from me,,, hahahaha only kidding!!!

Skippy8 (Neil) stop it you making me blush such kind words to someone who hardly deserves it ....Mmmm ahh alright maybe I do now listen to me getting all big headed ... No but on a more serious note its been an absolute pleasure being able to Ref you as your a real gent on and off the park and I`m sure that you will not be any different in the dug out. any way I will do my utmost to make sure you do not change Neil top man good luck I`m sure it will go well .. :drink::smiley20::drink:

First pint is on me when we meet next season .

P.s Garf there will be one for you as I`m sure you will make me buy one any way .

Mate i think you are a great team along with St Teath. Love playing you lot and have even told our lads to learn from the match's we have had with you. The banter on the sideline is superb ha ha, although you and Ian are past it.

Good luck for next year and who is that lad with the hairband you didn't say? <_<

Garf

Well past it I think sometimes how my poor leg drag this lardy body i will never know. But it does and will again next season just to upset some of you I`m sure . Bad luck on wednesday Garf but big well done for this season. You wear your heart firmly on your sleeve mate and I like that about you tell it as it is but alawys willing to shake my hand after and before a game. and that includes Mayo as well. well done once again see you next season with luck. :smiley20: