Cornwall Football Forum

Newquay V St Austell - Charity Cup Final

Don't forget that the Charity Cup Final takes place tonight at St Blazey between Newquay and St Austell, kick off 7.30 p.m. It should be a nice evening to watch football so forget Fulham and experience 2 great rival Clubs going head to head.

Well done to Newquay. Fully deserved win last night. I felt they defended really well and got men behind the ball (maybe learnt from our trip to Mt Wise...?), and what i can only describe as a 'very un-productive' St.austell side couldn't break them down. Obviously disappointed as a St.Austell player, but no complaints. Well done Newquay. :smiley20:

Well done to Newquay. Fully deserved win last night. I felt they defended really well and got men behind the ball (maybe learnt from our trip to Mt Wise...?), and what i can only describe as a 'very un-productive' St.austell side couldn't break them down. Obviously disappointed as a St.Austell player, but no complaints. Well done Newquay. :smiley20:

Well done Leaner, what a brilliant gesture from a player who must have been "gutted". You certainly gave 100% last night.

just like to echo Leaners post. Newquay lads deserved it on the night, we wouldn't have scored if we were still there for breakfast!great bunch of lads, fantastic club and I hope they can make their way to the prem league soon.

looking forward to next season already :c:

P.s. Chris Philips :SM_carton: hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Spoke to Nanks this morning, he got home at 3am and has got nerve and soft tissue damage to his back, thigh, groin and hip. He's going back to hospital again tomorrow, hopefully it will be good news.

I would like to add my congratulations to Jim and all at Newquay and offer my condolences to everyone at Poltair, I'm sure you'll bounce back.

Spoke to Nanks this morning, he got home at 3am and has got nerve and soft tissue damage to his back, thigh, groin and hip. He's going back to hospital again tomorrow, hopefully it will be good news.

I would like to add my congratulations to Jim and all at Newquay and offer my condolences to everyone at Poltair, I'm sure you'll bounce back.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery to Nanks and congratulations to Newquay,well done.

Thanks guys.

I would like to thank the guy (sorry cant remember his name) from Newquay, who is a paramedic who helped me while I was waiting for the ambulance. If anyone knows who this guy is, please thank him from me.

Also well done to Newquay, from what I was involved in, you were far the better side on the night.

Congratulations Newquay. Does anyone know when the first team last won a league or cup trophy?

As far as I can remember Newquay's first team won their last trophy 20 years ago when they defeated St.Austell in the old South Western League Cup.

The previous season 1988/89 they won two trophies,the old South Western League Cup and the Charity Cup. Graham Nicholls reminded me last week at St. Blazey that he scored the winner when Newquay defeated Launceston 2-1 to win the Charity Cup that year,and as a matter of interest scored the winning goal to beat Bodmin in the South Western League Cup.

After searching through my late husband's playing records, I would like to correct my previous post. Newquay won the Cornwall Senior cup in season 1991/2 defeating Falmouth Town 1-0 at St. Blazey, Adrian Street scoring the winning goal.The Newquay team was Mike Derbyshire,David Ball, Andy Parr, Sean Hooper,Nigel Rowe,Chris Grigg, Adrian, Andrew and David Street,Graham Nicholls and Justin Ashburn.The substitutes were Alan Lenton,Conrad Robins and Steve Halstead.I thought someone would have corrected me by now.

Thanks guys.

I would like to thank the guy (sorry cant remember his name) from Newquay, who is a paramedic who helped me while I was waiting for the ambulance. If anyone knows who this guy is, please thank him from me.

Also well done to Newquay, from what I was involved in, you were far the better side on the night.

Hi Nanks

The person who assisted was Nigel Chappel one of our committee men and as you say a paramedic

I saw him last night and passed on your thanks and he wished you a speedy recovery