Cornwall Football Forum

q p r coming to cornwall

Adopted cornishman neil warnock will be bringing his full q p r team down to cornwall to play tavistock and bodmin on 14th of july neil always brings his teams here hes been doing this for years now with plymouth , sheff utd ,crystal palace ,and now q p r ,pity he wasnt in charge of man utd imagine seeing wayne rooney at priory park i remember a young ryan giggs playing on truros pitch many moons ago when there was a tournament called studio 10 tournament where stars like robbie fowler giggs redknapp to name a few played .Looking forward to goin to see neils q p r side at bodmin.

Fowler certainly never played in the Studio 10 tournies!! be surprised if Redknapp did either!

McManaman did though! and Giggs was known as Ryan Wilson back then I beleive, he lobbed Mike Hooper from about 45 yards at Treyew Road!

Handy bit of knowledge there :thumbsup:

fowler and jamie reddknapp certainly played in the studo 10 tournament i have photos of them at penzance vs spurs in 1992 and also the programme and ryan giggs was not called ryan wilson then he scored at truro on a foggy night fri aug 2nd 1991 vs liverpool in the liverpool team was steve mcmanaman and steve staunton and at st blazey ronnie rosenthal played.

fowler and jamie reddknapp certainly played in the studo 10 tournament i have photos of them at penzance vs spurs in 1992 and also the programme and ryan giggs was not called ryan wilson then he scored at truro on a foggy night fri aug 2nd 1991 vs liverpool in the liverpool team was steve mcmanaman and steve staunton and at st blazey ronnie rosenthal played.

Does this tournament still run?? seems like a good chance to watch some very talented players!!!

Neil warnock always brings his full 1st team hes done it with palace and sheff utd and he will again ,the studio 10 tournament only ran for 2 years 1991 +1992 i think the bloke that organised this was a penzance buisenessman and he went bust may not be sure but that was the story at the time.

The Studio Ten Tournaments were sponsored by Roger Toms who at the time was manager at Penzance and had a ladies clothes shop. Studio Ten was the name of his clothes shop and was sited where the large Phillips' bakery is on the corner by Hayle harbour.

Roger still lives in Hayle and I see him once in a while, round town, and say hello.

Teams included Celtic, Plymouth Argyle, Penzance and Liverpool and the events were played as knockout competitions.

CTB

Roger Toms was the man and one of his premises was the now Philps Bakery (opposite the Royal Standard Pub in Hayle)

Another club who came down for this tourney was Glasgow Celtic and I think Wimbledon.

Roger was a prolific goal getter for Illogan RBL in there 'heyday' mid 70's when the club were members of the South Western League and appeared in the F.A.Vase.

Its disappointing that the current Illogan side didn't seek membership to the SWPL as their facilities and player strength would have been a credit.

Edited-Not for the first time has someone posted the same time as me.

Roger Toms was the man and one of his premises was the now Philps Bakery (opposite the Royal Standard Pub in Hayle)

Another club who came down for this tourney was Glasgow Celtic and I think Wimbledon.

Roger was a prolific goal getter for Illogan RBL in there 'heyday' mid 70's when the club were members of the South Western League and appeared in the F.A.Vase.

Its disappointing that the current Illogan side didn't seek membership to the SWPL as their facilities and player strength would have been a credit.

Edited-Not for the first time has someone posted the same time as me.

Wimbledon nor celtic played in the studio 10 they both played at penzance in friendlies and vinnie jones was brilliant with all the kids there giving away t shirts and posing for so many photos the teams that played in the studio 10 matches where in 1991 plymouth, liverpool, spurs,man utd and the winners where plymouth winning 1-0 vs man utd marshall scoring in 1992 the teams where liverpool,everton ,man utd winners liverpool 3-1 vs man utd