Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League Result 12/05/10

Where does that leave you now Joe in respect to fixtures and points at the top of Division Two?

Hi Nigel, we now have only 6 games left and have two more games this week and will have no problem fulfilling all of our fixtures. The top of division two is looking very tight and we have got some tough games still to play. We have Illogan 3rds on Thursday and West Cornwall as our last game, but the biggest game may well be against Madron next Saturday. That game could decide where the title is going but either way we are hopeful of gaining promotion to division 1.

Where does that leave you now Joe in respect to fixtures and points at the top of Division Two?

Hi Nigel, we now have only 6 games left and have two more games this week and will have no problem fulfilling all of our fixtures. The top of division two is looking very tight and we have got some tough games still to play. We have Illogan 3rds on Thursday and West Cornwall as our last game, but the biggest game may well be against Madron next Saturday. That game could decide where the title is going but either way we are hopeful of gaining promotion to division 1.

Can i say well done to c.s.m in the two games we played we were second best, needless to say when you have to wait two weeks at a time to suit one team and players you had are not available their seems nothing more annoying. Sour grapes (definately) the rest of the league suffer throughout the season by one team generally not playing throughout the whole of the holiday periods. Anyway I hope you do get promoted. I dont so much blame c.s.m. but the league for allowing them to do it but hey thats football :unsure: Unlike my desire for illogan to win earlier in the season i now hope jamie and the lads at madron win the league for playing every saturday they were required to.

Mining 1, 11/5/10

St Buryan 6 - Halsetown 4

Great showing from the lads after the defeat on Sunday. We had a good mixtutre of 2nds so all the more better for them to step it up and show what they've got.

Only 7 or so games left to go!

Goal scorers

Gary

Conor

Stef 3

Nico

Diamond Dave 2 og

I have to agree with marksy's comments, at no point have I got anything against SOM, as marksy said the league are to blame, a league should be fair to all teams within it, SOM have already received points from teams failing to raise sides, players should not be made to choose between football and cricket or work, junior football should

be on Saturdays from first week in sept to last week in April, we have to play the two title chasers with no players, we want to provide a test for both teams so the best team oveall wins the league but that can't be done at this stage of the year. I hope when the leagues change this will be taken into account, I'd rather more leagues with less teams so it's all covered in the alloted time.

robartes 3 fourlanes 4 h-t 3-1

a good game to play in fourlanes scoreing a last minute penalty to win the match.

chacewater 2 trevenson 1

sorry to hear that damo i thought u boys would of kicked on after winning the arthur pearce cup good luck in ur fight to stay up

Problem we have is that how can you expect SOM to raise a team over the holidays? Should they just be banned from the league? Or forced to play when all their students have left? and therefore just have to fold every game?

(Playing 3, sometimes 4 games a week isnt exactly ideal for them either!)

having been involved in local football for too long to mention and growing up close to the original school in camborne (argos now)i know how much they have played a part in our community.but how can the league give them so much leaway and then fine other teams for failing to raise a side for one game?? As others have mentioned i am not having a go at s.o.m but the league rules.i also know this is a tricky situation.One other thing that nobody has mentioned surely the students are having to play far to much football at a time when they should be concentrating on their exams.so it is not an ideal situation for them :unsure:

I understand all of the problems, but there's going to be argument from whichever side you fall.

I also agree. Many of the players will be having exams this week, some having finals, dissertations to write etc.. and to play 2 of their biggest games of the season in the same week winning them both must say a lot about the character &/or ability of the squad.

it would be a huge shame for them to suffer as a result of being forced out of the league or having fines for not being able to play. Look at St agnes who are yet to fulfill their fixtures.

There is no solution to it that would be fair on either party!

I understand all of the problems, but there's going to be argument from whichever side you fall.

I also agree. Many of the players will be having exams this week, some having finals, dissertations to write etc.. and to play 2 of their biggest games of the season in the same week winning them both must say a lot about the character &/or ability of the squad.

it would be a huge shame for them to suffer as a result of being forced out of the league or having fines for not being able to play. Look at St agnes who are yet to fulfill their fixtures.

There is no solution to it that would be fair on either party!

No one is questioning the ability of the players of S.O.M or their right to be in the league. My personal opinion is that the football season and cricket season should not overlap in any way, a reduction in teams in the leagues and an increase in number of leagues would benefit all, this is my first season in Mining 2 and second in the Mining league but it seems wrong to me that a team can have breaks at one point and 3/4 games a week at another, no-one can argue that the S.O.M team is a quality team, but also no one can argue that they have benefited from their situation, points being awarded, not playing during the boggy winter (even if only one or two matches), and when there is a promotion/ relegation all teams should have the same opportunities.

But even if the league were to cut the amount of fixtures, there would still be periods where SOM can't play their games? Unless you expect them not to go home to their families over christmas or easter?

its a tricky situation with what appears no real solution! I see personally no advantage to the end of the season playing 15 games in 22 days during exam period! It's a shame teams can't raise players whether due to work or anything else, but fining them does seem harsh!

But even if the league were to cut the amount of fixtures, there would still be periods where SOM can't play their games? Unless you expect them not to go home to their families over christmas or easter?

its a tricky situation with what appears no real solution! I see personally no advantage to the end of the season playing 15 games in 22 days during exam period! It's a shame teams can't raise players whether due to work or anything else, but fining them does seem harsh!

If a team is allowed to choose when they can play their matches it gives them an advantage, end of. As has been mentioned this is nothing against SOM, or individuals in the side.

I ask the question though, can a side who was originally fixtured to play SOM on a Saturday over Christmas or Easter turn down and choose not to play them on a Thurs evening later in the season, using a reason such as, cant raise a team on that date because of several players work commitments? Or even further decide not to play a game against them on a Saturday in late May because half of their team have cricket? My guess would be that these teams lose the points for not fulfilling the fixture.

If a team is allowed to choose when they can play their matches it gives them an advantage, end of. As has been mentioned this is nothing against SOM, or individuals in the side.

I ask the question though, can a side who was originally fixtured to play SOM on a Saturday over Christmas or Easter turn down and choose not to play them on a Thurs evening later in the season, using a reason such as, cant raise a team on that date because of several players work commitments? Or even further decide not to play a game against them on a Saturday in late May because half of their team have cricket? My guess would be that these teams lose the points for not fulfilling the fixture.

You are correct there is no advantage to playing 15 games in 22 matches, when all of these matches are against full strength teams and all 15 matches are played! already 2 of those matches have been called off, which leaves 13 in 22 days, the others versus weakend teams with big scorelines showing not much needed to be done to win the game, and one or two against strong sides which have been won and full credit for those, don't try to paint a picture over it, the situation is not fair to others and that is a fact!

So if any of you dont think the fixturing of SOM games is fair, you now have ample time to notify the Mining League committee members that you wish to discuss it at the forthcoming AGM, like you had the same opportunity to do last pre-season.

Great credit to SOM on a brilliant run of results :clapper:

So if any of you dont think the fixturing of SOM games is fair, you now have ample time to notify the Mining League committee members that you wish to discuss it at the forthcoming AGM, like you had the same opportunity to do last pre-season.

Great credit to SOM on a brilliant run of results :clapper:

If you had read my previous post you would see that this is my first season in this league so could not have raised it last year as was unaware of it.

Please note this is not a witch hunt agaisnt S.O.M or their players, it is trying to make the league better for all teams.

Less teams would mean S.O.M could fixture their breaks into the season and all teams could finish by May, the cup finals should be the last day of the season.

If you had read my previous post you would see that this is my first season in this league so could not have raised it last year as was unaware of it.

Please note this is not a witch hunt agaisnt S.O.M or their players, it is trying to make the league better for all teams.

Less teams would mean S.O.M could fixture their breaks into the season and all teams could finish by May, the cup finals should be the last day of the season.

I'm well aware this is only your 2nd season in Mining League football Dan, so perhaps you just need to put it down to experience, and, if necessary, as it does seem to have frustrated you bring it up at the forthcoming AGM.

School of mines have had great teams for a while now..... But is there really any rational solution. If you ban school of mines from entering a team, the lads will just (quite rightly) go to another team and play their football there. Therefore leading to the same problem. But maybe at the start of the season while the nights are still long and you are able to play evening games they should play 2/3 games a week. This may only mean three maybe four games out the way earlier on but it still is a start. Maybe the league have already tried to do this, it's just something that might be worth looking into.....

Mining 2/3 (or something i cant remember)

St Agnes 3rd's 8-0 Lugvan res

well done to both teams, thought both teams played well, and both sets of lads/men where a pleasure to ref :drink::thumbsup:

I did have to laugh when one young lad turned to me and said 'I didn't think women where aloud to ref mens games.' He thought that women could only ref women :lol: bless his cotton socks :D

Oh Gorgie shut up you moron you dont know nothing your poking your nose in again which your good at. I ve worked hard all season from september to april trying to keep 16 lads available over 9 /10 months at Titans we wanted to keep battling this season with illogan and madron to win this league and have had to end our season playing 2 midweek games in 3 weeks and without the players weve had all season to keep s.o.m. happy. while their playing every 2 days an entire season in almost 4 weeks( i want to reiterate again this is not s.o.m. fault}but as already stated the mining leagues. Needless to say everyone knows the organisation of the league ( for example) having attended a mining meeting where anyone can talk all the way through it, whereas at the respected fal-hel league you could hear a bloody pin drop,and rightly so. Would these young s.o.m. guys be so good in the pouring rain and a soggy wet pitch caked in mud. (MAYBE) But i dont think anyone would know cos their all at home with their families while where out playing in freezing bloody rain and wind trying to get 3 pts. As for Dan gorgie your telling him to put it down to experience and you would know hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.

haha that is your best yet :clapper:

Once again congrats to SOM on a very good league campaign

Having watched titans over the second half of the season, have to agree with marksy, good players missing last week agaisnt S.O.M, as for your GORGIE! are you a manager or have you managed in this league you talk like you know how this must feel. What team are you with in mining 2. :clapper:

Unfortunately your missing the point,although your loyalty to your club is admirable :wacko:

As already stated within this topic they are the rules, I've not actually stated my opinion on the fixturing of Mining League matches, only that SOM have had a very good league campaign!

I refer you to the forthcoming AGM

Unfortunately your missing the point,although your loyalty to your club is admirable :wacko:

As already stated within this topic they are the rules, I've not actually stated my opinion on the fixturing of Mining League matches, only that SOM have had a very good league campaign!

I refer you to the forthcoming AGM

this is not a new situation.how did the combo league deal with it when som were in their league. :unsure:

I MAY BE WRONG BUT I CAN NEVER REMEMBER SOM BEING IN THE COMBO LEAGUE, BUT I THINK THEY HAVE ALWAYS PLAYED LOTS OFF GAMES AT THE END OFF THE SEASON, I CAN,T SAY I RECALL IT BEING SUCH A PROBLEM BEFORE.

the problem seems to be that SOM have pushed for title contention, and it seems certain teams aren't able to accept this.

there is no reason to say why it would be just as easy for SOM to raise a team for three games a week... i mean there is bound to be injuries, exams, finals and what that are more important than a game of football!

also, i dont think the weather would have much to do with it... many of their games were called off due to horrendous conditions, but still played games where they had to shovel water off the pitch before kick off