Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy League Division 1 Result - 11/5/10

Probus Reserves completed their Duchy League Division 1 season tonight with a 6-0 win over one of their rivals for 3rd place in the league, Tywardreath RBL. However with this win 3rd place is guaranteed; well done to Ian Peters and all the team for a great season and potential promotion (if the top 3 go up?) to the Duchy Premier. The 1st team have been well supported by players from the reserves when needed and both teams have worked together. I am grateful for all of Ian’s support and for working with me on many a Saturday morning to ensure that we have both had enough players.

For a club like Probus to have our 1st team in the ECPL and our reserves in the Duchy Premier (if promotion is confirmed) it would be a massive achievement for everyone at the club. :drink:

Well done to Probus on claiming third spot. I'm a Tywardreath player and i must admit it was very embarrassing to go down so heavily but then again i'm not surprised. We scraped together a bare 11 and 4 of those shouldn't have even been playing due to their injuries. I'm not one to make excuses but we were struggling big time with so many absentees! These mid-week games traditionally ruin our season as so many of our players either work or have other commitments which prevent them from playing evenings....just a shame the game wasn't on a saturday as we would have had a very different side out!

We currently only have 10 men for our last game of the season tonight at Bodmin Saints. If it wasn't for this situation i'm sure we would have claimed a higher spot than 5th but there is nothing we can do. Same thing happened last season when we were chasing promotion and ended up slipping from top 4 down to 6th and missed promotion by one point!

Very good performance from Probus nevertheless.