Cornwall Football Forum

Liskeard 1st v Parkway 2nds on Friday

Guest LANREATH BOSS

Guest LANREATH BOSS

We didn't recognise any Liskeard players on Saturday in the massive 4-2 Lanreath victory from the team that played us back in October 2009 . . . . . .

There have obviously been wholesale changes since Bradley arrived, on the playing front, and they seem to be pulling in every Paninsula player and his dog to fight out this relegation battle with little villages like us and St Stephen.

I just wanted some opinions - with Parkway scrapping for League Runners Up spot and both Liskeard & Parkway 1st teams having finished their seasons who will play on Friday??

Will Parkway leave the job to their 2nd team or will they play Liskeard at their own game and take mainly 1st teamers for this massive Friday night clash??

See Liskeard beat Sticker 6-0 tonight - smacks of 1st team taking over that does!!!!

Who cares???

Lanreath have had the likes of Jon & Martin Hake in the past, plus ex-pro ringer Dave Magee. Now you're on the wrong end of it you want to winge?? If you hadn't p***ed off the likes of Brad Powell, Andy & Nicky Collins and Colin Wilson you wouldn't be in the mess you are now!

Mind you've you've brough some quality in now, haven't you, NOT!

Take your medicine and shut up with the sour grapes.

Well said Bobby.

Lanreath boss, don't flatter yourself none of the first team played against you on Saturday, the players have changed since October as they are the players that Brad's (to his credit) has brought in and as Bobby quite rightly points out who cares!!

The reserve players step up to the first team when the first team need helping out and like wise when the reserves are struggling in a relegation battle and the club want to keep us in the premier why not play a few players from the first team!!!???

You won't see any first team players at Parkway on Friday. I see there are a few complaints about Yetton playing for Parkway, Parkway want to get runners up spot and if they bring in Yetton or anyone else to improve their team then fair play to them!

Stop your moaning and enjoy the rest of the season!!

To be fair I only played when lanreath were short of players at the end of the season to help out friends i have there. I never took the place of a regular player just to strengthen the side. And it was after Dobwalls' season was over and Lanreath had about 8 games left. Fairly Sure Jon never played for them as he retired from injuries, he only coached them. And Dave wasn't really a ringer as he played for them full time.

I do have to say tho this seems to happen every season and it something u just have to deal with. When i was At Liskeard Nanpean brought 6 of St Blazey first team, including Hooper and Harrington to help them avoid relegation. We drew 1-1. I think they did in the end and bude went down as they couldnt draw any "ringers" in.

Personally i think it should be, you play and sign for 1 club unless transfered. You cant blame players for doing it as its a game of football at the end of the day, and you cant blame clubs if its going to help them win games. If Liskeard stay up it is likely to be first teamers that helped them do so, but im afraid they aren't doing anything wrong as the club needs them to stay in the ECPL idealy!

Guest Jimmyruff

I was at the liskeard 2nds v sticker last night and there were actually only 5 first team players present!

Darren Parr has been turning out for them also.....brought in from Elburton Villa i believe..... Used to play with him back in me plymouth days and hes top quality player. Dont know about first team players but they certainly seem to be rallying around at this crucial stage of the season, much like the lanreath boys... Come on Lanreath!!!!

Guest Jimmyruff

We didn't recognise any Liskeard players on Saturday in the massive 4-2 Lanreath victory from the team that played us back in October 2009 . . . . . .

There have obviously been wholesale changes since Bradley arrived, on the playing front, and they seem to be pulling in every Paninsula player and his dog to fight out this relegation battle with little villages like us and St Stephen.

I just wanted some opinions - with Parkway scrapping for League Runners Up spot and both Liskeard & Parkway 1st teams having finished their seasons who will play on Friday??

Will Parkway leave the job to their 2nd team or will they play Liskeard at their own game and take mainly 1st teamers for this massive Friday night clash??

See Liskeard beat Sticker 6-0 tonight - smacks of 1st team taking over that does!!!!

Massive win for Lanreath down at Biscovey this evening.....any reports on the 5-4 result??? All being well,this result should be enough to keep the blues up...... :drink: :clapper: