Cornwall Football Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DanBlazey

Combo results - 11th May 2010

i think that jasa has somewhat been misunderstood. we do play for the same club, but this is not why i am supporting him in this matter.

Jason has said he accepts the physical edge to games, I think we all do. But there isn't a place for stamping, punching etc no matter of who it is doing it...whether it be St Just players or whoever. Especially when it comes at the end of a game, after the full time whistle - if these allegations are true. There's no smoke without fire though.

I don't care who it is that I'm playing, I expect to be kicked, tugged at and called goodness knows what; but I don't expect to be punched or stamped (I'm still carrying tasty studmarks on my back from 2weeks ago - coincidentlly this was from against st just but nevermind). If players are doing this they'v got to take a bit of a look at themselves and perhaps this sort of thing really needs to be looked at in the new season. Everyone wants to win, but thats not the way to go about it.

Still, this been said, I expect next season will still be a feisty encounter against St Just, that is their style, and it works for them; whether we like it or not. and yes they do have some tidy footballers. Perhaps they could be likened to the Bolton of the Combo league, and we (Wendron) are the Arsenal????ha.

cheeeeeeeeers

Our Captain didn't do anything, I was behind him. I don't know what started it but as Josh says no smoke without fire to the same sense. I can take physical as you have clearly said with me handing out some but getting the ball as it was a corner I may add.

Josh has it right, we all know physical and it's a style of play. Wimbledon for example. It's just as he says it's the off the ball things that can be done without.

I was offered a decent amount but money has never interested me, I've a decent enough job to need to be paid for something I enjoy and do for free.

I used to love playing St Just - go down there blowing one hell of a wind, rain pouring whistle blows and within 5 minutes get a kick from Jon Bird - followed by "hello mate", 5 minutes later probably get clattered by Neil Curnow. (if they weren't hard but fair challenges I knew I must b getting to the ball quicker than them) A lot of people get hurt playing St Just and lot of it is due to their reputation. If you go into a 50 - 50 with a St Just playing you know damn well that player wont be pulling out and if you pull out of that challenge you got a good chance of getting hurt. Is that the St Just players fault?? Not really. Birdy and Neil are both nice lads committed and occassionally like to show some stud - find me a club in the combo league who has not got a player that does the same.

Presume Andrew Curnow still in goal - bit of a loose cannon when he comes off his line and launches himself at players. A bit less control and timing than Birdy or Neil but that why he plays in goal. How many strikers bottle it when they see him coming out??

Steadman is a bit of a dirty gobby player. Which club did he first play for in the combination league?? - Wendron vs Penzance (one off game) down Penzance under floodlights. Scored one, got booked, squared up to a couple of players. Can't remember if we won or lost that game but we were definately better off for him helping us out. Most teams would rather have him on their side than against. He has helped Wendron out as a club before and yet everyones slating him.

helston scorer was mike hallibone.

well done to st ives but i can honestly say we were awful last night. after playin so well against illogan and then to play like that was unbeleivable, u could certainly tell its the end of a very long season

As mentioned above, stayed loyal to my managers didn't enjoy Truro with everybody hating them.

The team I played for has surely given it away... I'll let you work I out.

Awesome! So by your "way of thinking" I'm owed plenty of medals from when Town won the treble in the late 90's, I was playing 3rd team then. I will get on to the ccfa to claim what's mine! Does that mean I get a vase medal too? I went to wembley, saw a few league games and I'm friends with a few of that squad!!

Seriously if your claiming medals for sitting on the bench a few times your gonna need a lot of straws with all that clutching!!

Everyone hating them or everyone leaving/jumping ship?

As mentioned above, stayed loyal to my managers didn't enjoy Truro with everybody hating them.

The team I played for has surely given it away... I'll let you work I out.

Awesome! So by your "way of thinking" I'm owed plenty of medals from when Town won the treble in the late 90's, I was playing 3rd team then. I will get on to the ccfa to claim what's mine! Does that mean I get a vase medal too? I went to wembley, saw a few league games and I'm friends with a few of that squad!!

Seriously if your claiming medals for sitting on the bench a few times your gonna need a lot of straws with all that clutching!!

Everyone hating them or everyone leaving/jumping ship?

:thumbsup:

HAYLE 5 MULLION 1 ATT 25 :clapper:

FOUR GOALS TONIGHT FROM SONS OF HAYLE LEGENDS.ELLIOT neil HARRIS,ASHLEY john MATTHEWS,CHRIS perry BULLOCK AND DANNY john RICHARDS AS WELL AS SAM CHARLTON(STRANGE FOOTBALLING NAME) :unsure:

YOUTH COMING THRU :yahoo:

:thumbsup: what a game, best ive seen for a long time.

the hayle youth with jamo, deano and matty totally dominated this game.

just proves my theory , youth can play in senior football. all it needs is a strong manager brave enough to allow it.i take my hat off to dean mooney and dave n'jy for their beleif. also to our director of footy perry. brilliant display by a good united hayle side.must say hayles 5th goal was goal of the season, danny richards chested it down and hit it from 25 yards.... screamer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

god was an Hayle boy! woooooooooo

pity the mullion boys didnt come in for their sausage and chips.

must have been shell shocked. especially no16 who was made to look a clown by 16 year old zack williams.

good luck to mullion for rest of season........ :clapper:

i dont think we were shell shocked to be fair,we started with ten men,4 of which were our 2nd team,and 1 of which was his first game since injury,personally i dont think hayle performed that well,you were gifted 2 or 3 goals,and you didnt really dominate the game,you jus had a team out there unlike us,and as for no.16,you were clearly jus winding him up after the broken leg incident last season,he didnt mean it and its wasnt personal,your irish player at the back was more of a clown,two footing our striker when the ball was 3/4 yrds out of play,running his studs down the back of players legs,and moaning to the ref all game about offside,pushes in the back etc,only to go and do the same thing to every one else ...........no wonder they subbed him,and he still didnt shut up!!

:rolleyes: yes you did start with ten men, even though you had two subs there.

i bet the subs felt good knowing youd rather start with ten than play them.

one of the subs was only a youngster. surely you could have started him,and given him ten minuets till the callvary arrived.

give youth a chance thats your future.

best wishes :rolleyes:

FOUR GOALS TONIGHT FROM SONS OF HAYLE LEGENDS.ELLIOT neil HARRIS,ASHLEY john MATTHEWS,CHRIS perry BULLOCK AND DANNY john RICHARDS AS WELL AS SAM CHARLTON(STRANGE FOOTBALLING NAME) :unsure:

just proves my theory , youth can play in senior football. all it needs is a strong manager brave enough to allow it.i take my hat off to dean mooney and dave n'jy for their beleif. also to our director of footy perry. brilliant display by a good united hayle side.must say hayles 5th goal was goal of the season, danny richards chested it down and hit it from 25 yards.... screamer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

must have been shell shocked. especially no16 who was made to look a clown by 16 year old zack williams.

i dont think we were shell shocked to be fair,we started with ten men,4 of which were our 2nd team,and 1 of which was his first game since injury,personally i dont think hayle performed that well,you were gifted 2 or 3 goals,and you didnt really dominate the game,you jus had a team out there unlike us,and as for no.16,you were clearly jus winding him up after the broken leg incident last season,he didnt mean it and its wasnt personal,your irish player at the back was more of a clown,two footing our striker when the ball was 3/4 yrds out of play,running his studs down the back of players legs,and moaning to the ref all game about offside,pushes in the back etc,only to go and do the same thing to every one else ...........no wonder they subbed him,and he still didnt shut up!!

:rolleyes: yes you did start with ten men, even though you had two subs there.

i bet the subs felt good knowing youd rather start with ten than play them.

one of the subs was only a youngster. surely you could have started him,and given him ten minuets till the callvary arrived.

give youth a chance thats your future.

best wishes :rolleyes:

it was understood the 11th man would be there within 5mins of play,hence why we kept the 2 subs (youngster that has never played mens football and assist manager who is injured) incase of injurys etc., and it was more likely they would have got a longer run out at the end,there was enough youth on the pitch,most of the team wasnt much older than 20 barring a few ######

Just like to mention the referee at the match of Penzance vs Illogan was absolutely AWFUL. Worst i've seen all season!!!

However... Illogan deserved to win, well done and good luck for the title race!

Guest CONFLICTO

st just 4 wendron 3. darren steadmen 2, james payne and chris curnow for us. all i can say is wait for the banter tonight fellas and the digs towards st just, it'll be awesome!!

Disgrace!

st just 4 wendron 3. darren steadmen 2, james payne and chris curnow for us. all i can say is wait for the banter tonight fellas and the digs towards st just, it'll be awesome!!

You say it as if you know it's coming....

Nobody has mentioned a thing about the game. I guess this is a confession??

Good spirited game from one side, I can personally hold my hands up for 2 of St. Justs goals with 1 being an own goal (how can your player claim that?) and letting another beneath my body. 1 very soft penalty for handball and 1 definate penalty for the foul on the St. Just striker. Should have been allowed a corner in the final minute with the linesman flagging a back post ball in front of the near post.... :thumbsup:

Care to mention your keepers name as the one throwing punches in the changing room holding our player to the floor? Easy to throw the blame one way..

p.s. for your involvement in the last game, was there any need for the kick out at me around the 20 minute mark?

I heard the same keeper in question threw a punch on Saturday and games previous?

So I am not the only one who thinks St Just are a bunch of thugs and bullies then it seems they have been up to it again as for the keeper hitting out he deliberately punched the Culdrose striker on Saturday surely something has to be done about these thugs are all refs really intimidated by them.

Ur obviously a Culdrose pundit and how can u comment when have your own bloke Willams is it Barry or summin. Cant play football but loves the off the ball stuff

Conflicto Im a pundit of whatever game I go and watch Wendron,Falmouth, Culdrose and St day I've watched a few games this season anyway my name is William McLaughlin Brown I dont play any more and as I am im a sales rep i like to travel to different games each week if you tell me what team you play for mate i will come watch you or do you not want anyone to know i think i will go watch Culdrose tonight now and see this Barry Williams for myself

Guest CONFLICTO

I'm flattered with all the interest from Conflicto but you really should stop being a coward mate.

Conflicto Im a pundit of whatever game I go and watch Wendron,Falmouth, Culdrose and St day I've watched a few games this season anyway my name is William McLaughlin Brown I dont play any more and as I am im a sales rep i like to travel to different games each week if you tell me what team you play for mate i will come watch you or do you not want anyone to know i think i will go watch Culdrose tonight now and see this Barry Williams for myself

I find it very very weird how ilovefootball and bazwilliamson always seem to post straight after each other.....Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm I smell a rat.

If that tackle last season was "an accident" then you have been watching to much Holby City my friend.Pre meditated from 5 yards away and the worse thing I have seen on a football pitch.The Mullion player is talented but would no longer be in any team of mine because of that incident.As for the Hayle player he is probably lucky to still be playing.