Cornwall Football Forum

For those not already aware - the following has been taken from the Bodmin Trophies Duchy League site:-

Len Lobb

"I regret to report that our President Len Lobb is in Penrice Hospital St.Austell and is not very well. Len was treated for skin cancer last year and has recently completed a course of chemo. He traveled with the Cornwall Youth squad to Liverpool at Easter where his leg collapsed and this condition worsened on his return home. He had a spell at Treliske before being transferred to Penrice.

Len is currently depressed and off his food and I am sure you will all join me in sending our best wishes to Len and his family from all the Duchy family.

Mike (Newcombe)"

I'm aware that Lenny's not been well and that he wasn't at his best at Liverpool.

We've got a final to play next Saturday and I've no doubt he'd be there alongside us if he could. Clearly I hope we win but I'd love to do it with him in mind too. He's always been very supportive of the Youth Team and it would be great to win it for him.

Best wishes from all of us in the Cornwall Youth Team.

Tommy Matthews

So very sorry to hear the sad news. Had many a long coach trip with Lenny to the county matches and he was always up for a laugh even though he didn't know it sometimes!!! Great bloke and another sad loss to Cornish football.

Thoughts go out to Lenny's family and all his many friends especially in football.

Rappo

x

Another stalwart from Cornish football has passed away and for the second match in three days a minutes silence has been respected at Bickland Park today.

Len was a regular linesman at Bickland in the Western League era and was always up for the usual banter.

I didn't know him personally but he was a very prominent person at the County AGM's and has devoted a great chunk of his life to football in Cornwall.

He was competitons and minutes secretary at the CCFA.

Also in summer he was seen on the cricket fields as umpire.

All at Falmouth Town FC send their deepest sympathy's to his immediate family.

From a personal point of view I understand he caught Polio in his early days, similar to me.