Cornwall Football Forum

Buckland take another step towards title

Buckland finished up 3-1 winners at Falmouth and completed a deserved win on the day.

Third goal came after the falmouth bench thought the ball had gone out of play as Buckland moved forward. Town's boss Alan Carey ended up being sent from the dug-out after remonstrating with the assistant referee!

Scrappy defending for the first 2 Buckland goals. Very dissapointed with the champions elect. They seemed happy to just hoof the ball long all afternoon. Seems to me Town were the only team trying to play the football. Wouldnt say Buckland deserved to win really, and yes the ball did go out of play !

Firstly well done to Buckland after being totaly outplayed and only having four or five chances scored three however Falmouth and I agree with snake played some lovely football and created more chances than I care to count, but didnt put them away.As for the Buckland third goal well the linesman was told on a few occasions about the amount of Buckland players standing in the technical area at one stage there was eight people standing in the area, so it was hardly surprising that somethink like that could happen as it was down that line that the ball went a least a foot out, the players from both teams were getting frustrated with the ref because he did'nt play advantage. A bad day for Falmouth but the foundation is there for next season and i'm sure Alan Carey will be happy with the way his lads played football today.

Guest Rydon Ranger

Got to disagree with you fellas, i was stood on the touchline looking straight along the line and the ball did not go over the line, it did run along the line but did not fully go over. Agreed it was not best performance today and Falmouth did knock it around a bit but you also knocked long quite a bit. And be honest, at this stage of the season it is all about results. Look forward to another encounter on Wednesday. Great atmosphere today also.

'The Python' must have been sat quite close to me......!

As a neutral I think Buckland just about deserved the result.

If the rest of the team had payed more attention to Sean Flynns shouts of 'keep it on the ground' in the second half then Falmouth may have got more out of the game.

Got to agree about the good atmosphere.

'The Python' must have been sat quite close to me......!

As a neutral I think Buckland just about deserved the result.

If the rest of the team had payed more attention to Sean Flynns shouts of 'keep it on the ground' in the second half then Falmouth may have got more out of the game.

Got to agree about the good atmosphere.

How many were there today?

Many from Buckland?

Buckland looked better side in second half I thought but Falmouth should have been ahead at half time. Its all about results this stage of the season and way Buckland celebrated they knew how important win was. Four points from final two games at home to Falmouth on Wednesday and at bottom club Holsworthy effectively enough for title because of superior goal difference. They are now unbeaten in 24 so probably deserve it. Wonder whether Alan Carey will be guest speaker at end of season referees' dinner, but may get sent off before main course.

I did a head count of about 230 which included a few late arrivals at half time!!

Falmouth had a good first half and probably edged it backed up by a corner count of 6-0.

Buckland were a lot more solid in the second half as Falmouth didn,t find the openings but a 8 yard free kick for a back pass caused panic for the visitors.

Soon after Falmouth were caught out by a quickly taken short corner which put Buckland back in the driving seat and then the debateable touchline ball out of play sewn up the points in the 87th.minute.

Good entertainment, good atmosphere when opponents bring support.

Recognised a good few from Truro and some of the familiar Buckland faithful (Inc.Colin).

Have got a half day on Wednesday so planning a visit to Homers Heath so there could two of us up there.

Wouldn't mind the draw leaving Buckland to finish off the season at Holsworthy on Sat. to claim the title on goal difference.

No trains to Holsworthy but I bet there could some party at Upcott Field.

Edited -I was writing this before I saw your post 'Nuggett' very similar.

Just got back on the train,

The first half was a very even with Shane gill shooting form just inside the box,where the shot went in just inside the post.

Falmouth equalised 10 mins later where the ball fell nicely to a player who scored.

2nd half was also very even but with the Bucks having some good chances one of these was where a cross from the right was headed on by Gavin with the ball looping just under the far post.

The clincher came with 2 or 3 to go where Si Revs shot low and hard giving the keeper no chance from about 12 yds out.

Falmouth should have made more of a freekick on the 6yard line for a back pass which Monty picked up, the shot was blocked on the line by mosely who threw him self infront of the ball blocking the shot.

Buckland saw out time and they new this was a important result.

Good atmoshere and banter between the 2 sets of fans.

Programme was a real dissapointment and not really worth 20p

its not over until the fat lady sings but she is clearing her voice.

Well done lads.

Guest Burchy

I watched todays game which was the 1st Peninsular prem game I have seen all year, and have to say I was dissapointed with the standard.

Before you all hammer me I know its alot different watching but do feel that if these 2 sides were to be playing in the old South western league against the blazeys etc then there would be an obvious outcome...

Although both teams battled well you cant help but assume this trait would be applied regardless at this level, but was dissapointed not to see 4 or 5 players trying to take control of the game and get the ball ON THE DECK!!!

Thought the supporters banter was good to see but have to remind those falthful that not all 4 year olds need to learn you colourful language...

Really enjoyed chatting with the old faithful at town!! and sorry guys although you all asked nicely I will not be returning to play....:)

Good luck to both sides for the future!!!

This was always going to be a Tough one,one has to put your chances away, & Falmouth failed to do this, Buckland were not the best team to visit Falmouth this year by far, as for kicking the ball up in the air, that is what Buckland did for most of the game , a long ball up in the air out to the winger,

Falmouth were without doubt the better Footballing team, but unfortunatly that does not always win you the games,

some unusual slack defending also did not help Falmouth's cause,

the Buckland Goal keeper was also in good form,

Falmouth go to Buckland next Wednesday, & anything could happen,

as for Falmouth When you consider where they were at the begining of the season Alan Carey has done a wonderful job,

& things can only get better with him as our Manager,

so well done Alan,

Hammers :c::clapper: :c:

Alan Carey Talking HERE

Three - One at home ..Tut Tut Tut

But hearing his comments there I fully understand that Falmouths committee would need some kind of explanation.

And as for the best defence in the league ??? Well I guess someone was running a bath !

Edited by Dave Deacon
avoidance of abuse

I rarely comment on this site but keep an eye on what's going on and I just have to say, URBY, what a big cry baby you really are. Just a few days ago you threw your teddy out of your pram and told the us (and I quote,"I know this is a Cornish Forum, but you can have it. I'm outta here. Moderators, please delete my membership forthwith". Yet you're still here. Why?

Do us all a favour and quit now. Oh! and maybe your big fat teddy is still in the stand at Falmouth.

Moderators, please edlete his membership NOW........

I rarely comment on this site but keep an eye on what's going on and I just have to say, URBY, what a big cry baby you really are. Just a few days ago you threw your teddy out of your pram and told the us (and I quote,"I know this is a Cornish Forum, but you can have it. I'm outta here. Moderators, please delete my membership forthwith". Yet you're still here. Why?

Do us all a favour and quit now. Oh! and maybe your big fat teddy is still in the stand at Falmouth.

Moderators, please edlete his membership NOW........

Tut Tut Tut... Three one still hurting is it my little treasure ?

Im still waiting for Double Diamond or one of his superiors to do it my Darling.

You know Ive got to keep my self occupied somehow whilst waiting for the bus.

And You always know that Mummy knows best..There there there.

BTW.. I thoroughly recommend Calpol its very good for soothing the hurt.

They say the league table never lies, and so one assumes that over the whole 2009-10 campaign Buckland have played better then they did at Falmouth. Nerves presumably having something to do with it no doubt!

With regards to the comments Urby placed about Alan, well firstly you'll see that I have edited the first line as no matter what you think about someone, there is no place for irreverence against anyone on this Forum, in particular towards a man who has managed League Championship winning sides.

We all know that Alan and officialdom don't go hand in hand, and I for one respect the fact that he doesn't hide, but instead suggests that our referees could be better. I'll leave people to listen for themselves on the link provided. It's in the last 20 minutes or so of the programme.

Guest Rydon Ranger

Urby, next time you put a link on the forum please also tell us at what time on the recording the interview is? 4 bloody hours and it's 20 mins from the end...!! Was expecting something sensational but to be honest you hear a manager complaining about the officials every week, don't really see what the fuss was about. Alan is obviously very passionate about the game and spoke whilst still very emotional. And finally, don't gloat about yesterdays result because we aint won nothing yet...!! (And before anyone asks, no i did'nt listen to all the 4 hours, kindda guessed it would be near the end..!).