Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League Results 01/05/2010

Illogan Res 4 - Gulval 1

Played some great football but found it hard to breakdown Gulvals stubborn defence, got the break through after 35 minutes with 2 quick goals & went in 2-0 up. Came out 2nd half a little sloppy, Gulval pulled one back through a Pen converted by Jo May. But then went on to to score a couple of well taken goals by Ian Cullingham aka Goose.

Got to say Gulval a great bunch of lads & good luck to Mike whatever he decides to do next season.

Oh...played aginst the leg-end Coopsie today.....didnt look that bothered to be fair but eh...another 3 points.

Gulval scorer J May

Illogan..D Thomas, A Calloway, I Cullingham 2.

St Buryan lost.....oh.

Mining 3

St Buryan res 1 - Wendron 0

Why do cricket and football clash? Sort it out someone!

Between the squads we had trouble as most of the first team were missing thanks to the bat and ball game <_< !

Not our best showing for in the first half but thanks to our reserve keeper, who has been outstanding (hope the Wendron boys say something on his performance) in our last three games :clapper: . He pulled of some amazing stuff between the sticks, Wendrons left winger couldn't of hit hit them any better if he tried! He will be gutted :o .

2ND half with the wind in our favor we got at them and got our reward thanks to cracking corner and a belter of a header from Conor :yahoo: .

Unlucky to Wendron as they looked lively in the 1ST half, if only they had that team all through the season they would not be at the bottom :blink: .

Big thanks to our manager Craig as he's always positive and i know how much the team relish that :thumbsup::smiley20: !

Thanks to all the people/teams involved as its been a fun season and we St Buryan look forward to the next!!!

Well done to all the players who are part of the Blue Army! Its been a good season :thumbsup: :clapper:

So, I hear that the Trevenson first team are in a cup final tomorrow (Sunday). I hope they have enough players. With their second team calling off barely an hour before kick-off against Gulval (again) I find it hardly believable that they could muster no more than 6 players on a Saturday with only one team playing. Shocking.

What is their punishment? It's the second time they have done this to us this season (probably didn't want another 8 nil whacking or whatever it was at their place). They lose the 3 points.POINTLESS!

Fine them big. That's what I say.

Anyone from Trevenson want to explain? If you do, here is my reply. PATHETIC.

Good luck to fellow Penwith team Halsetown who I believe is Trevenson's opponents in the cup final. Win big. That's what I say!!

Gulval res. V Trevenson res

Match called off for the 2nd time as trevenson couldn't raise a side for the 2nd time. Points awarded to Gulval i believe, which guarantees 2nd place and promotion for Bobby Bubble guts yellow and black army!! :thumbsup::smiley20:

And can I say well done to Parky and Ben who rolled back the years to win the 2-a-side game of FA we played. What fine footballing skills you both showed off. Class.

Mining League One

Chacewater 1 - 4 Newlyn NA (HT 0-0)

Newlyn Goalscorers: Andrew Palmer (2), Ben Strowger, Leo Gwynn

Always a good game between these two sides.. Chace took the lead against the run of play with well taken goal, Newlyn then brought on Sub Andrew Palmer who scored within seconds and pretty much turned the game. A few of the Chace tackles were getting a bit wild but one yellow card seemed to calm it all down. Ref had a pretty good game although a couple of interesting decisions. Chace pitch bit of a nightmare as well but so is Newlyn's so we can't really complain.

Best of luck Chace for next season.

Gulval res. V Trevenson res

Match called off for the 2nd time as trevenson couldn't raise a side for the 2nd time. Points awarded to Gulval i believe, which guarantees 2nd place and promotion for Bobby Bubble guts yellow and black army!! :thumbsup::smiley20:

And can I say well done to Parky and Ben who rolled back the years to win the 2-a-side game of FA we played. What fine footballing skills you both showed off. Class.

Wasn't bad for a keeper and an veteran centre half!! :yahoo:

Well done to my lot for clinching 2nd spot, even if it was an anticlimax :angry2: . Disappointed that we go through all the effort to hire a pitch, pay the ref and even be at the ground all but ready to get changed for them to call and say they cant get a side together! I usually know by thursday how many numbers i have! It also frustrates me that last year we asked to cancel a Res game because 5/6 was on a stag weekend, we get told that we have to fulfil the fixture, yet its ok to phone up less than an hour before KO and cancel get it rearranged and carry on hunky dory? This is not the 1st time this has happened.

I also had a player finish work at 11am jump on a train and come down. Does he get his money back??

Anyway great season Gulval Res look forward to next sunday!......

THANK YOU LADS...... ITS BEEN A PLEASURE :clapper::smiley20: :thumbsup:

Gwinear CT 2 2 St Ives . Real end of season poor performance by us , bare bones sitters missed by both teams but take nothing away from St Ives and their number 8 Elliot i think ? was MOTM head and shoulders above the rest. Top ref on his Birthday retiring end of this season you'll be greatly missed Dave. :thumbsup:

Well done to my lot for clinching 2nd spot, even if it was an anticlimax :angry2: . Disappointed that we go through all the effort to hire a pitch, pay the ref and even be at the ground all but ready to get changed for them to call and say they cant get a side together! I usually know by thursday how many numbers i have! It also frustrates me that last year we asked to cancel a Res game because 5/6 was on a stag weekend, we get told that we have to fulfil the fixture, yet its ok to phone up less than an hour before KO and cancel get it rearranged and carry on hunky dory? This is not the 1st time this has happened.

I also had a player finish work at 11am jump on a train and come down. Does he get his money back??

Anyway great season Gulval Res look forward to next sunday!......

THANK YOU LADS...... ITS BEEN A PLEASURE :clapper::smiley20::thumbsup:

Congratulations to Gulval (and Praze) for automatic promotion from Division 3.

That's at least three late no-shows that I know of in Div 2 and Div 3 yesterday that could affect the top positions - and exactly the same thing happened last year. Is not getting beaten really more important than respecting the other teams around you? Losing the points and a small fine is nowhere near enough punishment in my book. Why not deduct points for next season for any no-shows in April and May? And make any team that fails to raise a side more than two or three times in a season apply for re-election.

Congratulations to Rob Gall on his achievement this season , gaining promotion to Division 2. Rob has managed to mould a side that works hard and scores a lot of goals. Bagging a final against Carbis Bay next Sunday gives the team a day to celebrate together. :thumbsup::smiley20::clapper:

As for the Trevenson no show it not only cost the club money but robbed me as the 1st Team Manager the opportunity of picking a stronger team to go to Illogan with.

No respect for the league, or the other members in it.

Guest FATBOY69

Mining 3

Praze 0 - 3 Carbis Bsy

One of the Carbis Bay players had a bad injury and was taken to hospital with a dislocated knee and possible broken leg, well done to Carbis Bay for beating Praze. I think thats the first league game that Praze have lost all season, Good luck to Carbis bay for the final next weekend.

Mining 3

Praze 0 - 3 Carbis Bsy

One of the Carbis Bay players had a bad injury and was taken to hospital with a dislocated knee and possible broken leg, well done to Carbis Bay for beating Praze. I think thats the first league game that Praze have lost all season, Good luck to Carbis bay for the final next weekend.

I could make many excuses like a cheating linesman and at least 2 players that were playing under different names but in the end, Carbis Bay were the better team over 90 mins. A pretty even game but Carbis Bay put 3 scrappy goals away and Praze didn't take their chances.

i thought we might see hayle 3rds win joe but as it turns out there was a better chance of seeing rocking horse shite :clapper:

well said jesse, when are you gonna return to your home town mate.

rocking horse shite half price at madron. long live the queen!!!!!! :rolleyes::clapper: :yahoo:

Mining 3

Praze 0 - 3 Carbis Bsy

I could make many excuses like a cheating linesman and at least 2 players that were playing under different names but in the end, Carbis Bay were the better team over 90 mins. A pretty even game but Carbis Bay put 3 scrappy goals away and Praze didn't take their chances.

I think you need to check your facts Wildee!! Every player on the pitch is signed on, and I think to come on here and call us cheats and make a statement like that is out of order!!! I'd like to know wich two players you felt were playing under different names? We are a fair and honest club, we turned up with a bare 11 and an injured sub and beat you. End of story!!